PDA

View Full Version : Tmobile Iphone Data Settings

markymark805
04-15-2011, 04:01 PM
Im sure most of you guys have this, but thought I would put it up for easy reference!

Internet and Picture message Settings for T-Mobile USA:

Cellular Data (internet):
APN: internet2.voicestream.com
User name:
Password:

MMS (picture message):
APN: wap.voicestream.com
Username:
Password:
MMSC: 216.155.174.84/servlets/mms
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size:
MMS UA Prof URL:

rich hathaway
04-15-2011, 04:38 PM
just to ad to marks post,the newer phones with newer os (4.0 and up) most if not all will require this repo

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

add it to your sources and then search for < T-Mobile US MMS Fix for iOS4 > install and confirm then navigate to Settings –> General –> Network –> Cellular Data Network and verify that you have the following settings for data and MMS:

these are for tzones subscribers:

APN: wap.voicestream.com
MMSC: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
MMS Proxy: 216.155.165.50:8080
MMS Max Message Size: 1048576
MMS UA Prof URL: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

for data--APN: wap.voicestream.com
leave the rest blank

however if you have regular data DO NOT USE THE wap.voicestream.com apn it will work but is super slow.

you need to input the following APN: "the one mark posted"

internet2.voicestream.com

or if that one does not work use epc.tmobile.com it is still much faster than the t-zones one.

markymark805
04-15-2011, 07:36 PM
Rich, whats the difference between the T Zone and Regular Data users? Im not to up on TMobile stuff.

And does that repo give you an option to pick for H20 by chance? Ive been finding my data setting way for h20 has been really and hit miss lately on if it will work.

rich hathaway
04-15-2011, 08:42 PM
no the repo is written for tmobile, and i think a good comparison for tzones and straight web would be cricket wap and full web,think of it as just there version of a proxy,so the web is filtered through it making it dog slow and they can control where you can go.but thats all some peeps have if they dont pay for data in some markets.

but for h20 they are an mvno of at&t so i would think they would be fairly compatible together.i dont have anything on it but i will look around for something.

markymark805
04-16-2011, 01:04 AM
Oh cool, I gotcha reference the tmobile stuff.... That makes sense...

Ya, h20 had a few APN profiles out there I found, but it doesnt always work depending on OS version and other factors, so you end up dinking with it alot ive found out, or im just lucky enough to always have problems.

xxSLRxx
04-16-2011, 03:39 PM
I've been using epc.tmobile.com for the APN and it seems to be working fine.

Also, [Only registered and activated users can see links] also has a T-Mobile MMS (as well as Simple Mobile MMS) fix. I'd have to agree with Rich though, [Only registered and activated users can see links] is a good one as well.

4MUSKRAT
05-10-2011, 10:30 AM
You guys think these settings will work for Simple Mobile since it runs on T-MO's Network?

rich hathaway
05-10-2011, 11:21 AM
no they wont, the simple settings are posted here in the iphone forum,all you need to do is install lei repo from that post and then just ad the apn name. it is easy to find.

if you cant find it hollar back and i will put a link here for you.