PDA

View Full Version : Htc evo update

ghades
04-08-2011, 02:13 PM
Hi guys i have a evo on boost and i have several updates pending my question is it safe to update my device ? Or should i just ignortehm

-eros-
04-08-2011, 02:44 PM
is ok to update

ghades
04-09-2011, 05:29 PM
Forgot to mention am on boost mobile

Mcfr0st
04-09-2011, 06:07 PM
Updates from the market? Yes it is ok to update

whitey10tc
04-09-2011, 10:26 PM
If its the system update your custom recovery should block the update. If It's an app update it wouldn't harm anything either.

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

cstar
06-26-2011, 07:53 AM
depends what the update is..... is it gingerbread? like system update which you can check in the settings ....if its this update (gingerbread) and ur on boost I would say wait till it's rooted as if you do update and not do it a certain way and your rooted you may find urself on gingerbread with no root....especially if you use wireless tether etc. now if your not rooted and have no need to then i guess...i wouldnt though not till proper root.....besides as nice as gingerbread is there are a few complaints about dropped this internet problems 4g problem netflix problems
but not everyone are having is having these issues..and many have workarounds...
bottom line if it works dont fix it...

bobbybowden
07-16-2011, 07:39 AM
What are you talking about??? Did you not read what he said?? HIS EVO IS ON BOOST MOBILE!!! There is not 4g!!

cstar
07-29-2011, 04:04 PM
What are you talking about??? Did you not read what he said?? HIS EVO IS ON BOOST MOBILE!!! There is not 4g!!

relax dude no need to get exited.....and umm no 4g for you! cause i'm on boost and i have 4g.....i was just stating the obvious mainly because it is a sprint phone and some sprint users do read these threads it was a general quote pertaining to the update and what some users can encounter.....and yes 4g can be obtained several ways even if your on boost, meto, cricket etc. seems that you may need to read a bit about it before calling someone out and knowing your facts.....

Scuba
07-29-2011, 06:27 PM
Hey Guys calm down....cstar is right you can have 4G on an Evo no matter what network it is on...It would just require some research...Evo uses WIMAX guess what else does "CLEAR" is its in your area.

cstar
07-29-2011, 11:21 PM
its all good scuba no beef just wanting to enlighten fellow user's....

treo650
07-30-2011, 12:46 AM
cstar: any way you can make a write up for 4g keys?

is it as simple as backing up and reloading with amon ra recovery??