PDA

View Full Version : Vwz Iphone Meid/esn repair?

viper
04-04-2011, 11:01 PM
is there a meid method out for the vzw iphone?

rich hathaway
04-04-2011, 11:22 PM
what exactly are you trying to do and is yours zero'd out or what?

viper
04-04-2011, 11:41 PM
guy wants to know if i can put activate his bad esn iphone. i havent seen it yet.

rich hathaway
04-04-2011, 11:55 PM
if you are meaning to change the esn/meid on that phone that has been discussed about a thousand times,

it is illegal and an fcc violation and will not be discussed here.

with regaurd to restoring the original meid to iphone, yes it can be done.

viper
04-05-2011, 12:22 AM
i dont know the situation of the phone yet, but a restore could be option. i did a forum search, but didn't uncover much. any info on the method would appreciated.

rich hathaway
04-05-2011, 08:59 AM
if it is to be used on verizon just restore with itunes,if to be flashed for another carrier dl 4.2.6 and use ireb 4.0/4.2 then shift click restore in itunes to keep yourself at 4.2.6

benny6565
04-07-2011, 12:23 PM
ok we know it can be done, the question is do u or anyone else know someone that can repair this problem ?? Or at least point us in the correct direction.. 2 months now u are the closes WE got to the answer...:cool:

rich hathaway
04-07-2011, 03:56 PM
ok we know it can be done, the question is do u or anyone else know someone that can repair this problem ?? Or at least point us in the correct direction.. 2 months now u are the closes WE got to the answer...:cool:

how to repair meid,i said repair not change.DO NOT ASK HOW TO "CHANGE" MEID. CONSIDER THIS YOUR WARNING.YOU WILL GET AT LEAST A 24 HOUR(maybe permanent) BAN IF YOU TRY TO DISCUSS THIS HERE.

and please do not pm me with problems with this,i can not answer them all.
and it goes without saying if you mess your phone up i am not responsible,but good news,your phone is already messed up if your needing this.lol.

really anything you do to your iphone as far as software can be fixed on iphone,these things are almost impossible to brick.

this will work for some of you to restore meid to your viphone4 if it is zero'd out. i dont really want to put this up for the simple fact that i am gonna get a thousand pm's and prolly some some hate mail from peeps who cant follow simple directions. and i am saying this now,i dont/cant know if this will work for all of you because my phones may not have the same prob.might have the same result(meid of "unknown") but that does not mean that they have the same problem(s). i have had 2 that had the unknown meid and have successfully repaired them with this custom ipsw i made.

it is a jailbroken ipsw i cooked it with (snowbreeze) it is 4.2.6

know this,once you have used my ipsw you will not be able to restore to a stock ipsw,or at least right now there is no tool to get you back to stock,maybe tinypwn will when released,who know's. but you can always restore back to my or any other custom ipsw (as of right now) but as always subject to change with i-devices.

one of my phones i had to load this rom 4 times before success. if it does not work try to switch ports or pc's if you can. or change the host file on your pc to point sauriks server ( enter 74.208.10.249 gs.apple.com to C:/windows/system32/drivers/etc/host using notepad logged in as admin.and save)
here is the ipsw,it is a large file 650 mb

[hide-thanks] [Only registered and activated users can see links][/hide-thanks]

first enter dfu mode, if you dont know how, ireb will help you or just google it. IT WILL NOT WORK IF YOU ARE NOT IN DFU PERIOD. use must use ireb 4.0/4.2 first to enter pwnd dfu, then after complete (black screen) open itunes and click ok for it to connect to server,then hold the shift key and click restore,this will allow you to use a custom file such as this one,select the ipsw you just dl let it run and leave it plugged in until it activates,it will say activated.if anyone needs ireb i can put it up,but it is not hard to find.

if you need help or have questions please ask and keep them here,the forum does not work if we give help thru pm's and no one else can read it.
thats it happy repairing!

sfeng1
04-08-2011, 09:11 PM
I am curious to ask, what specific changes did you make to the your cooked firmware, and what does it allow to do? Thanks.

rich hathaway
04-08-2011, 11:10 PM
no changes other than a stock rom cooked with snowbreeze that is a jailbroken 4.2.6 cdma firmware, it also allows custom boot logos if anyone is interested. it is just meant to be a guide on how to load,fix meid,and re-jailbreak for peeps who are stuck with the unknown meid problem without increasing the baseband. but thats it,its not anything super special or anything.

benny6565
04-09-2011, 04:29 PM
ok, try to make the REPAIR with the ipsw file given on , rich hathaway POST, I even follow the steps (ALL) All I got was an 1600 error.. Sorry Guys.. I even got the NEW iREB FILE, (this is to help FIX 1600 PROBLEM). But this didn't work for me.. maybe it might for u.. If anyone got any ideas please let me know.. Also does anyone know what is a 1600 error referring to ??? I got NO WARE WITH APPLE TEC'S... LOL

rich hathaway
04-09-2011, 05:44 PM
ok, try to make the REPAIR with the ipsw file given on , rich hathaway POST, I even follow the steps (ALL) All I got was an 1600 error.. Sorry Guys.. But this didn't work for me.. maybe it might for u.. If anyone got any ideas please let me know.. Also does anyone know what is a 1600 error referring to ??? I got NO WARE WITH APPLE TEC'S... LOL

that is what ireb is used for it specifically bypasses all 1600 errors. did you use ireb first successfully?

benny6565
04-09-2011, 06:20 PM
that is what ireb is used for it specifically bypasses all 1600 errors. did you use ireb first successfully?

Please note ireb-4.0.x4.1 (current ver) uses iphone 3G or ipod at choices.. I try the iphone 3G & it hung up mid way for over an hour.. Any one can help ??? Please do..

Nimma
07-01-2011, 12:50 AM
How can i repair my meid back to original. Could someone guide me to the right way???

rich hathaway
07-01-2011, 09:04 AM
follow the guide posted here,works most of the time.if you get error trying to restore try to use tiny umbrella,open it ,then click start tss server,then use ireb then open itunes and shift click restore to that custom firmware.

-eros-
07-27-2011, 04:21 PM
maybe im stupid hehehe but i dont c the guide .. or just to load the custom file ?

rich hathaway
07-27-2011, 08:39 PM
thats it bro,it has worked for many for me to repair only when meid reads unknown on viphone 4,we wont discuss replacing...its against forum rules,and federal law...

ProzacBoy
09-01-2011, 10:28 PM
"this will work for some of you to restore meid to your viphone4 if it is zero'd out."
I know I can restore via iTunes, but how do I zero out the MEID on the iPhone, exactly? Thanks Rich :)

rich hathaway
09-02-2011, 10:03 AM
zero it out for what?if your thinking about trying to change it,think twice.that subject will only get you banned from this and most other sites on the net.cloning/changing meid on any phone is highly illegal and wont be a topic of discussion here.consider this the only warning you will get,and please refer to our forum rules on the main page or in my sig.

ProzacBoy
09-02-2011, 07:28 PM
My apologies are genuine. The reason I asked, is because of your quoted post, "this will work for some of you to restore meid to your viphone4 if it is zero'd out.". How would it become zeroed out, exactly? Just asking for clarification.

ProzacBoy
10-12-2011, 09:40 PM
So no help here? Thanks Rich, you truly are a CDMA Guru. :)

rich hathaway
10-12-2011, 10:03 PM
no,no help thru pm or the forum for changing the meid on your phone,it is illegal and against forum rules and really has been addressed about a thousand times.

i see no need to keep this thread open.
thread closed