PDA

View Full Version : Need help with my MMS on my Droid

915_P5
04-04-2011, 01:58 AM
Whats up guys im in need of help. i recentley lost my MMS but i still have Internet, i get the error message could not be downloaded nor sending works i've tryed a cricket setup programe but it did not worl can anyone help me out. i would gladley appriciate it

Wrecked Johnson
04-05-2011, 10:11 AM
unfortunately join the club my friend

915_P5
04-05-2011, 10:52 PM
Well this sucks

ThatBoyRio
04-06-2011, 07:03 AM
Same thing happened to my Cricket EVO the other day. These are the steps that I had to take to fix it.

1)Download MyBackup Pro & do a backup of all of your Applications & Media & of all of your Data. Be sure to save your contacts to your google account so you won't lose any.
2)Turn your phone off & load up ClockworkMod Recovery
3)Perform a backup
4)Once the backup is complete, scroll down to wipe data/factory reset & press the power button
5)Then scroll down to wipe cache partition & press the power button
6)Reinstall whatever rom it is that you're using on your device. Once it's finished, reboot your phone
7)Go to your dialer & press ##3282#, select edit mode, enter your MSL and press OK
8)Go to Advanced & put in the correct information for your Home SID, your MMS Server URL, your Proxy Ports & your Proxy Addresses. I use the following:

Home SID: (Changes from location to location. You must find out what yours is)
MMS Server URL: [Only registered and activated users can see links]
RTSP Proxy Port: 8080
RTSP Proxy Address: wap.mycricket.com
HTTP PD Proxy Port: 8080
HTTP PD Proxy Address: wap.mycricket.com

9)Hit menu and Commit Modifications. If it says no items changed, that's fine. Just press the home button to exit.
10)Download Mybackup Pro & Restore your Applications & Media & of all of your Data
11)Test your picture messaging out by sending and receiving picture messages with a friend.

I know these are a lot of steps, but after doing this, my picture messaging, my settings, my applications & my data were back to normal. You might also wanna go back to Clockwork Mod Recovery & do a backup, so just in case you have a problem again, you can simply restore your backup. Hope you guys can use this as a guide for your Droids.

ArkieKDealer
04-06-2011, 01:22 PM
unfortunately join the club my friend

So this is happening to everyone? I had one guy come by with identical problem, but seen numerous others and they didn't mention it.

xxSLRxx
04-06-2011, 04:33 PM
I haven't run into any MMS issues on Android phones today. Just out of curiosity, are you phones on the Android plan or are you running the proxy solution?

ArkieKDealer
04-06-2011, 06:25 PM
This one was on the Android plan. Only thing I have seen after much googling was someone suggested turning the camera resolution down. Called customer and told them to try that but haven't heard back.

Don't know how that would help the downloading issue, though. This sounds like more of a provisioning issue since it's not ALL Droids.

915_P5
04-07-2011, 08:29 PM
I'm on the regular $40 plan will this still work

xxSLRxx
04-08-2011, 03:26 PM
I'm on the regular $40 plan will this still work

The only solution you can use is the proxy solution. MMS does technically work; however, it's pretty unreliable from my experience.

915_P5
04-08-2011, 09:07 PM
Step 7 does not let me do ##3282#. I can ##program and it will let me in the phone

aschwiso
04-09-2011, 11:33 AM
Step 7 does not let me do ##3282#. I can ##program and it will let me in the phone

what kind of phone is it. because its ##778# for htc

-eros-
04-09-2011, 12:34 PM
##program then 000000

ArkieKDealer
04-09-2011, 01:01 PM
Solved...doesn't have anything to do with APN.

Had one this AM doing this and it was activated/listed as "CPE Android". I swapped ESN to another phone, dropped rate to $35, changed back to Droid and listed it as an M860, and put back on Android plan and BAM...back in business.

Don't forget Thanks...I don't know how to hide.

xxSLRxx
04-09-2011, 05:02 PM

I've never done it that way. Try opening the voice dialer application and say Open APNs.

xxSLRxx
04-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Solved...doesn't have anything to do with APN.

Had one this AM doing this and it was activated/listed as "CPE Android". I swapped ESN to another phone, dropped rate to $35, changed back to Droid and listed it as an M860, and put back on Android plan and BAM...back in business.

Don't forget Thanks...I don't know how to hide.

That's very interesting... I've never had an issue with either "CPE Android" or Zio... I wonder if it was an issue with the actual model listing or if the account just needed a good refresh.

ArkieKDealer
04-09-2011, 09:50 PM
Possibly...ZMM was listed as a feature and I refreshed through CID.

Brian638039
04-26-2011, 11:24 PM
hey guys you need to download the telephony.db file to fix the mms issue. i did it to mine and mine is running great. i can't remember where i got the file from but i do have the file just don't know how to post on here yet

xxSLRxx
04-27-2011, 04:58 PM
You can edit the telephony.db file directly through the phone's user interface. Just open the voice dialer and say "Open APN". From there edit the apn (which is basically the same thing as editing the telephony.db file).

tieman123
01-09-2012, 11:26 AM
Here's the issue i have. I've been on on the $40 plan for 12 years. I did an ESN swap a few days ago (got a new phone.. Droid 3 since other one died) and when they added the new phone to the account it removed picture mail. It went from "Unlimited text/picture mail" to "unlimited text". They said my MEID is searched by the system and returns if picture mail is supported. Since it's a flashed phone the MEID never existed in their system. Therefore it thinks picture mail is not supported and removes it from the account.

I've called back numerous times and get nothing. I've told them to add the phone as a Samsung SCH R560 and when they try the system prompts them not to continue. Even though they did this for me back in Nov 2011. So now i'm stuck. Doesn't matter what you do to your phone you need to have picture mail added back to the account. If I could only get someone to add my phone as a Samsung SCH R560 it will all work!