PDA

View Full Version : Error code 67 when attempting to Update PRL

Insanefury
04-02-2011, 10:53 PM
I did a meid repair on my HTC evo 4g. Afterward I did an OTA activation and everything seemed to be working fine. I can call, text, and 3g however when I attempted to turn on 4g I got an error code 67. So obviously I attempted to update my PRL and again error code 67, then I tried to update my profile and again I got error code 67.

The phone seems to be working fine except for I can't update my PRL or use 4g.
I'm still on the sprint network, so how can I update my PRL?
Does 4g use some sort of separate identifier that I might need to manually set?

Boooooommm
04-03-2011, 02:59 PM
You will never be able to use 4G. But from what I gather it seems the Profile 0 on your device is not properly set up from your donor. For this all you have to do is add this information using QPST's Service Programming option manually from the NV Item 1192 from your donor phone using the M.IP tab.

First thing you do is press Read from Phone at the bottom, choose Profile 0 and then press Edit.

If you use CDMA Workshop to backup this NV Item from the donor you just need the digits following the first 10 all the way to the last one before the file turns into all zeroes (the last 2 digits should be right below the 10 in the file! DON'T FORGET THOSE!). You should have 32 string long number and letter combination with no spaces in between. . You input this information in the AAA Shared Secret box after checking the "Enter Hex Value" option. This is the 16 character key Sprint uses to provision your phone using the OTA options and is unique to each phone as the MEID and ESN are. Call it a second security measure if you will.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

You will have 3G and everything else working if you input Profile 1 properly (which seems to be your case) but you won't be able to re-provision the Data portion of the handset over the air as your would your other Boost phone without Profile 0 properly set. Profile 1 is requires Profile 0 to be properly set up to do this over the air, otherwise this information has to be set up manually on the phone itself. If you notice sluggish 3G speeds chances are you're running in 1x and the phone simply shows the 3G icon instead...

Mind you, calling and texting don't depend on this information to work. They just need the MDN and MSID to be properly set in order to work without any issues.

Insanefury
04-05-2011, 10:42 PM
Thank you so much. Your instructions were spot on, 3g is now working and error 67 is gone. You were also right about it using 1x as my evo is much faster now. Could you also explain to me why I can never get 4g? What part of my phone is linked to that.

Boooooommm
04-06-2011, 11:43 PM
The 4G has to be provisioned on its own. The phone's Mac address is not activated in the system so there's no way to get it provisioned through Boost. You'd have to get it provisioned through other means. There's ways to get a 4G device already activated on Sprint's Wimax partition on the Boosted Evo to get 4G working, and even reports of getting Clear to activate the 4G portion of the phone separately. But this is of course another matter entirely lol.

indagroove
04-07-2011, 12:47 AM
Thanks for the info boomer. This helped me fix my 3g too. Big ups!

DGD
04-07-2011, 04:54 AM
This worked like a charm when I could not get the "3G" symbol and OTA Activation on my Epic. Be sure to double check everything, I missed one thing in the instructions and it didn't work..

Boooooommm
04-07-2011, 10:00 AM
These instructions should work on just about any Boosted Sprint phone. Glad you guys got your phones properly working :D!!!

Fick
06-30-2011, 01:13 PM
I have done the directions to the "T" but I am still not able to update the data profile, or prl.**Admin edit** ** Cloning reference removed** Is there something I might be missing, it seems so damn simple to get to work but these countless hours are really getting to me now...

TIA-Fick

whitey10tc
06-30-2011, 01:32 PM
While we allow discussion on repairing ESN's, we will not tolerate references to donor phones, cloning, or anything else that is a rules violations. Banns will be imposed and if the problem persists that members either don't/can't read the rules or feel they are above the rules. We will stop allowing discussions of that nature.

Stupidity to the rules is not an excuse!

jasen
07-02-2011, 06:00 PM
Part of edit 2: skip to the bottom, it's working!

Hi, I'm having a similar problem after repairing. I believe I've followed the instructions by Boooooommm correctly (other than cdma ws, which I don't have). I've also researched elsewhere. Here's what I've done:

I then found an old QPST backup of the phone and made sure everything matched up in QPST, all tabs. I did notice that in the PPP tab, the AN has my profile zero username, so I corrected the MEID there, but I didn't do anything under pass because there wasn't already something there. Could that be an issue? Should I put the AAA Shared Secret pass there?

Upon research elsewhere, I used QXDM to correct NV locations 1192, 1194 (this was right), 465 (this was right), and 466 (this was right). Now It gave me error 1012 instead of 67.

I also found the AAA in a text file that had been copied from the phone when it was working, and copied that into QPST, but it didn't look right when I did. Tried it anyway, and that got me back to error 67.

Did a hard reset, all that did was fix my voicemail so it is my phone number now. Yay! But error 67 persists. This has been fun, I've learned how to use these programs better, but there's still something missing. Please help! In the meantime I will be trying to get back to error 1012, perhaps that's better than 67.

edit:
I went ahead and put in the AAA & HA Shared secret under profile 1 as well, and in the PPP location. Reset, but still same error. I could have sworn in between error 67 it said it was complete once, but still no data. I also re-read the original post, and noticed he was also talking about 4G, but I only care about 3G. I'm not even sure if error 67 applies to 4G, but it seems as if the OP was only getting 1x until Boooooommm helped him.

Does anyone know if there is something in the EVO like the ##778# that worked in WM phones? I was able to fix a Mogul just within that screen, would be so much easier because I could then copy & paste the AAA shared secret.

Edit 2:
I took my first qpst backup after I got my talk & text working, but before I touched any of the data fields, and loaded it. Then I followed Boooooommm's instructions again. I added secret as the ha shared secret for profile 0 and 1, and added what I knew to be the AAA shared secret for profile 1 in there, and wrote it to the phone. QPST of course restarted the phone as normal. All is working now!!!! It didn't even ask for a profile update, I just noticed that the 3g symbol was working. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but thank you Boooooommm!!!

bond17_007
12-06-2011, 01:46 AM
Part of edit 2: skip to the bottom, it's working!

Hi, I'm having a similar problem after repairing. I believe I've followed the instructions by Boooooommm correctly (other than cdma ws, which I don't have). I've also researched elsewhere. Here's what I've done:

I then found an old QPST backup of the phone and made sure everything matched up in QPST, all tabs. I did notice that in the PPP tab, the AN has my profile zero username, so I corrected the MEID there, but I didn't do anything under pass because there wasn't already something there. Could that be an issue? Should I put the AAA Shared Secret pass there?

Upon research elsewhere, I used QXDM to correct NV locations 1192, 1194 (this was right), 465 (this was right), and 466 (this was right). Now It gave me error 1012 instead of 67.

I also found the AAA in a text file that had been copied from the phone when it was working, and copied that into QPST, but it didn't look right when I did. Tried it anyway, and that got me back to error 67.

Did a hard reset, all that did was fix my voicemail so it is my phone number now. Yay! But error 67 persists. This has been fun, I've learned how to use these programs better, but there's still something missing. Please help! In the meantime I will be trying to get back to error 1012, perhaps that's better than 67.

edit:
I went ahead and put in the AAA & HA Shared secret under profile 1 as well, and in the PPP location. Reset, but still same error. I could have sworn in between error 67 it said it was complete once, but still no data. I also re-read the original post, and noticed he was also talking about 4G, but I only care about 3G. I'm not even sure if error 67 applies to 4G, but it seems as if the OP was only getting 1x until Boooooommm helped him.

Does anyone know if there is something in the EVO like the ##778# that worked in WM phones? I was able to fix a Mogul just within that screen, would be so much easier because I could then copy & paste the AAA shared secret.

Edit 2:
I took my first qpst backup after I got my talk & text working, but before I touched any of the data fields, and loaded it. Then I followed Boooooommm's instructions again. I added secret as the ha shared secret for profile 0 and 1, and added what I knew to be the AAA shared secret for profile 1 in there, and wrote it to the phone. QPST of course restarted the phone as normal. All is working now!!!! It didn't even ask for a profile update, I just noticed that the 3g symbol was working. I don't know what I did wrong the first time, but thank you Boooooommm!!!

I tried Boooooomm's method and followed all the steps but still I am not able to get the data working.
I was not able to recover AAA or HA serets. I used QSTP and coped over data on 1192 1194, 465 and 466, still no luck.
any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

Scuba
12-06-2011, 04:20 PM
you should also have a profile 0 for sprint and a profile 1 for Boost.

I tried Boooooomm's method and followed all the steps but still I am not able to get the data working.
I was not able to recover AAA or HA serets. I used QSTP and coped over data on 1192 1194, 465 and 466, still no luck.
any suggestions will be appreciated.

thanks in advance.

bond17_007
12-07-2011, 02:56 AM
Thanks Scuba,
On the phone, i did ##3424# then under data profile, it shows Active Profile as 1.
Still I got Error code 67...
I made sure I copied over 1192, 1194, 465 and 466 am I missing any other address??
initially this phone i am working with is deemed as bad esn but followed the steps to fix that.
I then did ##33284#, scrolled at the bottom and it said "Authenticated" but under last error code it says "67".

I hope i didn't confuse you. Tried every avenue.. seems like i am very close as voice, text work just the data is not working.

bond17_007
12-16-2011, 02:49 AM
anyone... cannot figure it out.. i think i have the right username and password but still it is not working.

Boooooommm
12-17-2011, 07:41 PM
Guys, my steps only have you input the information for Over the Air Activation to work. Once you input this information on the handset you still have to run "Update Profile" on the phone for it to properly activate the 3G. Also Update PRL should properly work after Profile 0 is set up.

bond17_007
12-18-2011, 10:34 PM
Guys, my steps only have you input the information for Over the Air Activation to work. Once you input this information on the handset you still have to run "Update Profile" on the phone for it to properly activate the 3G. Also Update PRL should properly work after Profile 0 is set up.

Thanks Boomm and Scuba!!!!
Finally it worked! this whole time i was copying pasting info using QXDM. HOwever, when i re-read the Boom's post carefully for the 50th time, i realized i should have been doing it from Service Programming QSTP. Once I did that, then as Boom clarified, did the "update profile" and BOooommmm it worked 3g successfully working :D
Thank you guys for your support!!! this is amazing!

jojo4444
11-19-2012, 10:50 PM
im new at this , im having the same prob , do i need special software for this