PDA

View Full Version : Do you have a website?

whitey10tc
04-02-2011, 05:16 PM
Do you have a website? Who do you host with? Are you happy with the price? Let's hear about it guys and gals. I'll update and close the thread next weekend with more of an explanation.

markymark805
04-02-2011, 05:23 PM
Yep I have a site, it TOTALLY needs a good revamping becuase I did it myself a while ago.

I use 1and1.com for hosting and my domain purchasing, i found there hosting and access to deal with everything i needed was better then godaddy.com who i used to have (but i like go daddy's commercials alot better haha).

They just lowered there business package hosting fee's and got unlmited bandwidth now (if i read my last email from them correctly) and can host almost an unlimited amount of domains on them quiet easily I have found out having ran many various business endeavours at the same time online.

whitey10tc
04-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Siteground gets a thumbs down from me.

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

ArkieKDealer
04-02-2011, 08:04 PM
I'm on godaddy simply due to popularity. I didn't care to shop around so I honestly don't know if it was a good price. Got a package that included a basic website design program (since I know jack about html) and put this site together in a couple of days.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

ten0rplaya04
04-02-2011, 11:41 PM
I work with PHP and do most of my own coding. My website does lots of image postings back and forth from the site to my computers at home. I use Host4Cheap.org for hosting. It's not a bad host, but there are unexplained down times which if you're looking for 24/7 uptime, I wouldn't count on this one, but it works for me. Most of the time when it goes down, it's out for 6 hours and then back up.

As for price, it's not bad. I pay $32 per year and get 2 GB of disk space and 40 GB of transfer per month. I just reupped for my third year with them.

xxSLRxx
04-03-2011, 02:02 PM
I've had experience with godaddy, anhosting, as well as host gator. Godaddy is way overpriced. So far I've had good luck with anhosting and host gator (both have reasonable pricing).

bpear96
04-05-2011, 06:42 PM
I use [Only registered and activated users can see links] they use either enom or godaddy depending on what your domain is i guess both are $10 and i use free google sites to host it. my 2 sites are [Only registered and activated users can see links] and [Only registered and activated users can see links] hackitall is not done yet though.

ownmart
04-05-2011, 07:04 PM
mines [Only registered and activated users can see links] I use host4cheap.org pretty good pricing if you ask me and haven't had any complaints

whitey10tc
04-22-2011, 05:56 PM
OK I'm a little late with details but I'm sure you've all noticed the banner.
has joined as a sponsor, as a gurus special we are offering 10% off any purchase of any package with a 6 month or 12 month subscription. We also have the ability to custom build a package for your demand. We can register/renew your domain. "Yes I acquired [Only registered and activated users can see links]

changoleon
04-22-2011, 06:34 PM
i HAVE One [Only registered and activated users can see links] costs me Nothing lol

whitey10tc
04-22-2011, 06:42 PM
Ya webs.com, is great with their free sites and site builder but it has it's draw backs. Search engines don't pick up on them because it's a sub-domain of webs.com and if you submit to an engine it just give webs more advertising and higher ranks and then there's the webs advertising.

changoleon
04-22-2011, 07:42 PM
Ya webs.com, is great with their free sites and site builder but it has it's draw backs. Search engines don't pick up on them because it's a sub-domain of webs.com and if you submit to an engine it just give webs more advertising and higher ranks and then there's the webs advertising.

its ok for now looking for something a little better in hosting and domain wise

-eros-
04-25-2011, 10:45 AM
i use siteground to host my website too.. and i dont have any problems with it