PDA

View Full Version : Possible Fix to The Ally

Gabe
03-19-2011, 05:00 PM
So I have been contiplating try to use the solution for the optimus on an lg ally my only concern is possibly bricking the phone has anyone yet tried this or have an idea if its worth the time to try or maybe a better solution

rich hathaway
03-19-2011, 07:03 PM
i been wondering about that myself,but dont do it if you cant afford to lose it,you know how lg's are easy to brick. but if you try please post your findings.

Gabe
04-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Allright the solution I use on the optimus did not work for the ally I have tried several different otheirs including a couple that have suposedly worked with othere allys I dont know any more routes to take if I come up with any otheir options on this phone I will try at this point not worried about bricking this phone actually kinda wish i would to get rid of my on going headache if anyone out there has any brilliant idea to the solution it would be greatly appreciated it doesnt have to be the solution its self I would take just a good point in the right direction so please if you have done an ally or know someone how does know how direct them in my direction

amoamare
04-06-2011, 11:26 PM
What are you guys trying to do ?

Gabe
04-07-2011, 12:50 PM
I have the paid version of cdma workshop. I just cant get the data to stick it always reverts back to verizons original settings I actually got It to work for about two days then I dont know what happened it reverted back so I figured that I must be close with that solution I was also thinking that the nv files is were the problem exist but I just cant get the damn thing to work. I was talking with someone and they suggested that it is possible that their is a problem with this ally specifically and to try another but for me to get another ally and not know if it will work just seems retarded. But I will admit mostly been useing qpst cuz most my solutions have come from there and I am more comfortble with it

amoamare
04-07-2011, 05:33 PM
The LG ally solution will be availble for sale shortly. The settings revert thats the issue. i just barely got 3G working on this phone a month ago. If you change the settings they will revert back to verizon. My solution will be released and it patchs this issue.

Gabe
04-11-2011, 02:22 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

captainkirks
04-11-2011, 08:21 AM
Might be something simple, on cdma workshop is your nam lock set. I have the same trouble with the virgin mobile vm510 resetting back and could never figure out how to make them stay. I had not have time yet to try this but someone told me to try qpst to load the settings, instead of workshop to make them stick.

rich hathaway
04-11-2011, 11:32 AM

easy brother he is just letting you know there's a solution for it. he did'nt say you gotta buy it.
i feel your pain though,1x sucks.

amoamare
04-11-2011, 07:48 PM

You dont know how to read, i never once stated you had to buy the solution. What I stated is that this phone is hard its not a simple phone. The issue is that it reverts so slow your role down.

There is only 1 solution, its not for sale yet and it will be shortly thats what i told you so if you wanted to go that route you could.

If not GOOD luck to you on trying to figure it out. Enjoy.

leadnerd
05-20-2011, 02:37 PM
get the nv items from white rabbit and there you go.

xxSLRxx
05-21-2011, 10:51 PM
get the nv items from white rabbit and there you go.

There are no nvitems for the ally...

amoamare
05-21-2011, 11:18 PM
leadnerd,
I'm sorry but people like you should stop telling people things like this..
1. Whiterabbits NV is for MOTOROLA < get it MOTOROLA its not universal for use with other phones.
2. You will end up getting someone to think that and they will brick there phone.
3. You obviously dont know enough about flashing to be giving advice.

captainkirks
05-21-2011, 11:38 PM
Ask ------------ he will get this phone going for you

whitey10tc
05-22-2011, 12:02 AM
leadnerd,
I'm sorry but people like you should stop telling people things like this..
1. Whiterabbits NV is for MOTOROLA < get it MOTOROLA its not universal for use with other phones.
2. You will end up getting someone to think that and they will brick there phone.
3. You obviously dont know enough about flashing to be giving advice.This is not entirely true. The NV files on white rabbit were originally for the Moto Droid 1 , but many tests on other devices have proven successful. Phones I've tested on
Blackberry Storm
HTC Hero
HTC Incredible
HTC Evo
Samsung Moment
LG ENV Touch
Sanyo Katana
and many more

Amo if you don't believe, you're welcome to come over and I'll flash my personal phone with them. While in some cases not all 12 will write, some will and do not harm the phone. I believe with the Ally it writes 11 NV items.

amoamare
05-22-2011, 11:06 AM
I know what the NV items are and what they do all it takes is the 4 items that are for the Droid to mess up the phone. If you understand how they work then you would realize that its not a good idea.just ask some of the other members who wrote the NV items to there evo and have no service even after a factory reset and flash. Just because you've had luck with it doesn' mean its good to keep doing it. The NV items only write the cdmws evdo tab + her and pap user name. + the Motorola NV items. So yeah part of it is universal but it only takes the other over part to knock out radio or USBconnection on the phones. If you have a newer version of cdmws then you don't need whiterabbits NV items. Only for the Motorola droids

rich hathaway
05-22-2011, 11:45 AM
The LG ally solution will be availble for sale shortly. The settings revert thats the issue. i just barely got 3G working on this phone a month ago. If you change the settings they will revert back to verizon. My solution will be released and it patchs this issue.

i am not trying to make this a sales pitch ,but how much is your solution and is it a simple (quick) solution?

amoamare
05-22-2011, 11:49 AM
Its bundled with the droidEFS software. Its simple. You can PM me about it.

As far as what I was saying is that the NV's control a lot on the phone. Writing to areas or NV items of the phone using other phone's NV specific NV's is not the best way of doing it. Reason why quick example for like USB port on android's

Say Motorola's NV is
0x544
38 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 etc

Some phone NV
0x544
01 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 < this NV controls if the USB port is active or not, and you change it to the value above can result in a Non functioning USB port.

rich hathaway
05-22-2011, 12:46 PM
agreed but those nv items can always be written back to original values,if you were smart enough to save them first or have a second phone to pull them off
but i will hit you up about efs in a bit.

whitey10tc
05-22-2011, 02:03 PM
I guess I've just been lucky along with the other 20 or so flashers using the whiterabbit nv files. LOL!

rich hathaway
05-24-2011, 03:50 PM
here is a comparison of what white rabbit writes (motorola) and the lg ally

and also included is how to get 3g on the ally

Gabe
07-25-2011, 01:39 PM
Alright everyone i posted this thread to try to get the settings to stick on the ally not to start going crazy over every detail to flashing phones we all are aware of white rabbit and its intensive purposes we all know what nv files are and which to use going back to the origin of this post it was the possibility of useing the same solution for another phone i tried had several buddies try tthat same solution with no positive out come none of us were luky enough to brick the phone ;-) but we all had the same resualts that the phone would revert back to the original settings on mms and data end i have sort of given up on this phone it is obviouslly to much for me still I am new to flashing still and am not up for this challenge I guess (but if someone could simply tell me how to get the settings to stick it would be greatly apreciated ;-) anyway but all the info that has been given on this thread is greatly apreciated it has helped me with numerous othier phones and i hope that i can still check all of your opinions out and apply them too my quest for greatness SO PLEASE can we get back to the origin of this post and stop advertising othier crap THANKS

rich hathaway
07-26-2011, 09:53 AM
dude,come on. you start a thread about ally and how to get 3g on it,and then when someone tells you they have a solution for sale,first you jump down there throat then call there work crap,but you want it?

we follow a code in this industry,when someone creates a solution and sells it we respect that,and dont step on there toes posting it for free.

i told you how to get 3g on ally,but you gotta do the work youreself,because i was not the first to get it working,i dont own the rights to give it.

what you are asking is for someone to post it for free for you.and is against forum rules on this and every other forum out there,and would get the user who post's it banned as well as you.

so consider this a warning,please review our forum rules they can be found in my sig or on the main forum page.
if you want this the way i see it is you got 2 choices,buy it,or wait until the original creator post's it,but this forum wont be party to stealing any users solution and posting it with out that users(original creator) blessing.

Gabe
07-26-2011, 12:05 PM
Possible Fix to The Ally
So I have been contiplating try to use the solution for the optimus on an lg ally my only concern is possibly bricking the phone has anyone yet tried this or have an idea if its worth the time to try or maybe a better solution

Rich this is the original post please direct me to where it says 3g anywhere If there is a hidden meaning in my words let me know as for the violation of rules you are a smart enough guy to know a snyde comment when you here one didnt actually think someone was about to hand over the cookie jar so if I hurt your feelings sorry but the thing that upsets me most is I know that you where aware of the original question and followed everyone in to left feild as to boast your achivements on the 3g solution to the phone not saying its not cool that you figured it out congrats but to get your panties in a bunch and try to warn me (REALLY) were adults and for me to check on a thread i started to see that it has gone in some direction that has no pertnance to the original question and to try to get it back on track I dont feel as though i was the one in the wrong you taking such great offense is probably some thing you should look at The only reason i came back to this thread is that I have recently found that the optimus solution will work with the ally have seen it from a friend and I am trying to figure out as to why it wont on my ally if there is a defect in the phone and if there is a way around it the optimus solution that was used and worked is mine same applications were used on my ally still reverted so Little fustrated over that then I have someone telling me how to get 3g and then getting offended over me trying to get a thread back on track to try and WARN me gets me alittle upset so if I called your work crap and it hurt your feelings Rich my bad and again sorry

rich hathaway
07-26-2011, 04:54 PM
Gabe,bro,first off,i dont wear panties.second and i quote " (but if someone could simply tell me how to get the settings to stick it would be greatly apreciated ;-)" that is what i was refering to,and why you got warned,again, a bannable offense to post a pay solution just because you dont want to pay for it.put yourself in there shoes,you make something, put it for sale,sell it once,then some idiot that bought it from you posts it for everyone for free. tell me how you dont understand that is a bannable offense.there is no way you can explain how that would be ok.

and it was'nt my work you were calling crap,again i quote " can we get back to the origin of this post and stop advertising othier crap THANKS " you were calling the 2 people who are selling this solutions work crap. only that is the very "crap" which you seek bro.
i am not mad at all,i do however have a job to do here making sure this forum and its members run smooth and follow rules,
and when necassary give warnings or bans,as it was here. so good luck with the ally,but really if it is killing you why not buy the solution and support our dev's hard work.

for now this thread will remain open,but please dont ask for someone to post pay solutions in the forum,is it a bannable offense.and dont take this personally,anyone doing this will get the same from me or one of our mods.

Wrecked Johnson
12-02-2011, 04:39 PM
Rich this is the original post please direct me to where it says 3g anywhere If there is a hidden meaning in my words let me know as for the violation of rules you are a smart enough guy to know a snyde comment when you here one didnt actually think someone was about to hand over the cookie jar so if I hurt your feelings sorry but the thing that upsets me most is I know that you where aware of the original question and followed everyone in to left feild as to boast your achivements on the 3g solution to the phone not saying its not cool that you figured it out congrats but to get your panties in a bunch and try to warn me (REALLY) were adults and for me to check on a thread i started to see that it has gone in some direction that has no pertnance to the original question and to try to get it back on track I dont feel as though i was the one in the wrong you taking such great offense is probably some thing you should look at The only reason i came back to this thread is that I have recently found that the optimus solution will work with the ally have seen it from a friend and I am trying to figure out as to why it wont on my ally if there is a defect in the phone and if there is a way around it the optimus solution that was used and worked is mine same applications were used on my ally still reverted so Little fustrated over that then I have someone telling me how to get 3g and then getting offended over me trying to get a thread back on track to try and WARN me gets me alittle upset so if I called your work crap and it hurt your feelings Rich my bad and again sorry

So many things I can say bout this, first sounds like there is a defect in the flasher and Rich is the man!!!!!!!!!!!!!