PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial- usb com port over serial via bluetooth for v-iphone4

rich hathaway
03-17-2011, 12:35 PM
THIS WILL GET(most)OF YOU A SERIAL COM PORT VIA BLUETOOTH FOR WINDOWS 7 AND GET RID OF THE ANNOYING ERRORS ASSOCIATED WITH IT.

THERE WILL BE SOME VARIABLES FOR SOME OF YOU DEPENDING ON IF YOU HAVE INSTALLED BROADCOM DRIVERS OR NOT TRYING TO FIX THIS BEFORE.
IF YOU HAVE NOT THEN DONT.
[hide-thanks]
the first thing we are going to do is on your pc to get rid of the errors iphone and windows have with regaurd to bluetooth.first understand iphone is made to be compatable with osx/snow leopard,not windows,hence all the problems with windows.

so by default your win-pc installs with the wireless iAP service enabled,that is bad so we want to change it. so go to devices and printers and find your phone there
,right click it,then click properties,then services,then we want to uncheck Wireless iAP but leave the other 2 checked,then click apply,then click ok.

now,
go to start/Devices and printers,then with your iphones bluetooth on and discoverable you should see your device there, if not click add device when your device shows up click it and then press next, then it will give you a code should be the same as what is showing on your i phone, if not change the one on the pc to match the one on the phone then check yes and then connect.

now to assign a comport go to bluetooth settings,if you cant find it just go to start-then type bluetooth settings in the search box on the bottom from there you can assign a comport to your i phone if it does not already have one.

now having done this,your phone will not just automatically communicate with your pc,it requires a little sorta hello message from the pc first,and the pc requires a special software to enable it to send that message.iphone4 also needs a little help. i am using minicom for iphone and putty or tunnelier for pc. but for now you can play around with the comports from iphone4 to pc. i will put up more on using minicom,as it is a little complicated and needing an extra software just to unpack it,if you do a little research you can find what you need.

also this goes without saying "i am in no way responsible for you messing up your phone" but really just about anything you do to it can always be fixed with a full "dfu restore" in itunes [/hide-thanks]

THIS METHOD WILL WORK FOR MOST OF YOU,BUT FOR SOME THERE WILL BE A FEW MINOR DIFFERENCES,IT WORKED RIGHT AWAY ON 2 OF MINE BUT THE THIRD WAS A LITTLE DIFFERENT,BUT EASY TO FIGURE OUT AS WELL.

ALSO THE USE OF A BLUETOOTH DONGLE WILL HELP YOU WITH WRITING DATA TO AND FROM IPHONE4 . BUT PLEASE DONT EXPECT TO IMMEDIATLY FLASH YOUR IPHONE4 TO CRICKET WITH THIS AS THERE ARE STILL MANY ROADBLOCKS PREVENTING THIS HIGH SECURITY ENABLED PHONE FROM BEING FULLY FLASHED,THIS IS JUST A TOOL TO AID IN THE DISCOVERY OF POSSIBLE WAYS TO FLASH THIS PHONE..

ALSO THIS CAN BE USED FOR MANY PHONES.

AND AS ALWAYS YOU ARE WELCOME TO POST MY WORK ELSEWHERE,BUT PLEASE GIVE CREDIT WHEN YOU DO.

THE END RESULT SHOULD LOOK LIKE THIS
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

bluegatar
03-18-2011, 06:08 AM
good work!!!!!!!!!

Nat3
03-18-2011, 11:44 AM
First off, I'd like to say Thanks and CONGRATS to rich for putting in so much effort to PWN this device!

So let's say we get the iphone to connect to cdma WS...if we edit the evdo tabs for cricket and put the account on the android plan...think the web might work?

rich hathaway
03-18-2011, 12:11 PM
no i am afraid not,there is more to it than that. sig's will need to be bypassed,commcenter will also have to be patched,or there will have to be a different bundle injected successfully first,a custom bundle or the one that comes stock on the phone is called the unknown bundle,but the problem is injecting that bundle.injection was simple untill iphone 3gs,then things changed and injection of carrier bundles became much more difficult.

but by all means try what you will,and if you have success please post. good luck.

sfeng1
03-18-2011, 12:34 PM
Was just curious, what are the speeds of bluetooth transfer, would it be possible to scan for readable regions of memory for (hopefully possible) meid repair?

Also, would a iphoneport->rs232 adapter work for this as well?

I read over at diypda that someone was able to open up communications with the phone via rs232, but he had to open up the phone (which i didnt fullt understand since i thought the iphone apple plug contained pinouts to rs232)

rich hathaway
03-18-2011, 03:53 PM
there are 2 problems and possibly 3. they are 1. voltage the serial port must be no more than 3.7 going to iphone test with a multimeter and if is more use a board to reduce,there are several availble. 2.depending on the pinout of the cable you may need to re-route, but check to be sure they are correctly configed. try [Only registered and activated users can see links] , all you will need is rx,tx,and ground. 3.you will need a handshaking dialog and software to communicate with iphone,there are also a few of them out there,i posted one in my thread about making a serial cable for iphone,its here in the iphone forum. and also, and i am not sure about this but i have heard that the rx and tx were left unconnected from the dock connector from apple,that would be why the need for a "direct connect" to the logic board of iphone. but again i have been meaning to look into that but have been busy with all these other iphone probs. actually i am working on a different method to flash,one that will bypass most all these commcenter,signature,cable,dock connector and about 10 other probs that apple created for us hackers to keep us out of iphone. but a way around this could be using bluetooth to serial, i am waiting on a 160 dollar dongle to test that theory out,i will post the results. i also have rs232 but havnt had a chance to mess with it yet.but i will get around to that also.

ownmart
03-18-2011, 04:41 PM
rs232 i believe amo has already tried this and said it didn't work. this is recalling from memory from the chat so I could be wrong

amoamare
03-19-2011, 01:36 AM
The rs232 does not / will not work.
You have to build a program that will interface with the baseband [IE like commcenter does to write PRI settings]. Basically meaning if you could build a software to interface and establish a handshake with the baseband then you could just simply bypass the whole need for using CDMAWS.

I'm debating on releasing a patched commcenter. Gonna talk it over with some peeps and go from there.
I'm not all about free information, so sorry. I spend way to much time working on things for people just to make a profit from. A lot of you might be all about free information on the internet but lets think about it for a min.

I've spent 100+ hours working on the iPhone. If i released information for free. Most of you guys take it, either sell it for a profit, or flash a phone from anywhere from 30-60 hell i read some people saying if they get it they will charge 100bucks, Even at 30.00 a flash you probably will do at least 15 of these in the first month so thats $450.00 dollars you make for me spending 100+ hours. I do no think its fair.

But anyway enough ranting. I only stated this because I have gotten hate emails from me not sharing the patched commcenter.

I will talk it over.
Will go from there.

Dt32886
03-19-2011, 03:30 PM
Appreciated Amoamare! Im guessing there will be a custom ipsw for this phone when its all said and done.

raa8i
02-06-2012, 09:33 PM
thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaanks

rayray314
02-12-2012, 07:53 AM
Hi Rich ,I've found this:[Only registered and activated users can see links]
I think this is what you mean regarding some "hello" tricks, can you show us more about the details, I have installed minicom but don't know what to do next...I really don't know how to make use of the codes provided...thanks...

Jose Betancourt
02-13-2012, 12:29 AM
Thanks................

karlmarx
02-17-2012, 05:23 AM
All Commcenters are easy to patched. You could just use ida pro to do the job. Just need to modify two bytes of CC.
Now everyone can easily get patched CC from Cydia. Just add apt.apvv.com.

The rs232 does not / will not work.
You have to build a program that will interface with the baseband [IE like commcenter does to write PRI settings]. Basically meaning if you could build a software to interface and establish a handshake with the baseband then you could just simply bypass the whole need for using CDMAWS.

I'm debating on releasing a patched commcenter. Gonna talk it over with some peeps and go from there.
I'm not all about free information, so sorry. I spend way to much time working on things for people just to make a profit from. A lot of you might be all about free information on the internet but lets think about it for a min.

I've spent 100+ hours working on the iPhone. If i released information for free. Most of you guys take it, either sell it for a profit, or flash a phone from anywhere from 30-60 hell i read some people saying if they get it they will charge 100bucks, Even at 30.00 a flash you probably will do at least 15 of these in the first month so thats $450.00 dollars you make for me spending 100+ hours. I do no think its fair.

But anyway enough ranting. I only stated this because I have gotten hate emails from me not sharing the patched commcenter.

I will talk it over.
Will go from there.

luig23
01-20-2013, 12:39 PM
Does this tutorial still work? I've tried on several different computers. Viphone 4 6.0.1. I just want to get a com port. Any other methods. None seem to work.