PDA

View Full Version : Purchased an Evo, flashed it to Boost, now...

JDM_SOHC
03-13-2011, 02:21 AM
My brother wants to flash his Evo to Boost and someone mentioned on a different forum that I could probably just copy my phones setup and copy it to his phone or something of that nature... I basically don't wanna have my brother pay $100 for something I could most likely do for him... I'm familiar with CDMA WS, i've used it for some banner modding, but never anything like switching a phones provider... I took mine to a Boost store, asked him if he could do it, paid $100, came back a few hours later and I had a Boost Mobile Evo so I doubt the process could be that intense... I've rewritten OS startup scripts and stuff so I'm not a total noob but just when it comes to this type of thing, I just need a point in the right direction... Thanks...

r0mster
03-13-2011, 05:39 PM
go take it to someone

unless you have a few weeks to spare to learn and fix your phone

JDM_SOHC
03-13-2011, 09:42 PM
I heard I'd get a lot more help than that on here...

whitey10tc
03-13-2011, 11:06 PM
Although cdmaflasher has a good point. It is a process to do it and any wrong step can brick your phone or get the EVO stuck in digital roaming.

Here's my recommendations:
First take a look at your current phone and see what might have been done to it. Check the MEID's what's under the battery and in the phone should match, and all the NAM and EVDO setting with CDMA WS. From there you can start changing the NAM and EVDO setting to what is in yours "of course using the brothers credentials (phone number, etc)" Then comes the harder part getting Boost to accept the ESN. If I were doing it I would get the ESN in the system first, that's the hard part to do with out cloning.

ownmart
03-14-2011, 12:59 AM
Although cdmaflasher has a good point. It is a process to do it and any wrong step can brick your phone or get the EVO stuck in digital roaming.

Here's my recommendations:
First take a look at your current phone and see what might have been done to it. Check the MEID's what's under the battery and in the phone should match, and all the NAM and EVDO setting with CDMA WS. From there you can start changing the NAM and EVDO setting to what is in yours "of course using the brothers credentials (phone number, etc)" Then comes the harder part getting Boost to accept the ESN. If I were doing it I would get the ESN in the system first, that's the hard part to do with out cloning.

and if we don't condone cloning..just alil heads up

whitey10tc
03-14-2011, 01:43 AM
and if we don't condone cloning..just alil heads upI forgot to point that out, thank you.

JDM_SOHC
03-14-2011, 10:47 PM
I forgot to point that out, thank you.

Thanks for the tips whitey...

Also, help me understand something plz.. Whats the difference in ESN cloning and finding an ESN to work..?? Is ESN cloning when you buy a Boost phone, and insert all the numbers into the EVO so it's made usable on Boost's network..?? Sorry for my ignorance but it's hard to find out information on things that are rarely discussed anywhere.. Thanks in advance..

whitey10tc
03-15-2011, 01:06 AM
Thanks for the tips whitey...

Also, help me understand something plz.. Whats the difference in ESN cloning and finding an ESN to work..?? Is ESN cloning when you buy a Boost phone, and insert all the numbers into the EVO so it's made usable on Boost's network..?? Sorry for my ignorance but it's hard to find out information on things that are rarely discussed anywhere.. Thanks in advance..Not a problem, yes if you bought a Boost phone then programmed the MEID into the EVO "that would be a clone" and we don't discuss that here. But there are ways to do it legally, not sure if they still work. [Only registered and activated users can see links]
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
Just want to make sure that you get as much info as possible even if it sends you to ho-fo. There is a very large forum there for boost.
The hardest part I hear is getting the ESN into Boosts system, which may be very hard if the ESN is bad with Sprint.

mobilefreedom
03-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Basically, Sprint has allowed Boost cdma to put Sprint phones onto their Bmcdma prepaid system via finding a friendly CSR to switch out your phone from a Boost original esn to a Sprint original esn one. This has been a popular and easy way to get Sprint to Boost byod for the last two years.

However, recently they have changed so called "programming codes" for new plans of Sprint and thus have blocked the newer phones from being used on Boost cdma including Androids, 4G/Wimax and exclusive types like the Instinct/Web OS series.

All Sprint phones that don't fit the not allowed types should work as long as they have a clean esn and you find a capable CSR.

Sprint briefly allowed people to swap esns via online, which made it much easier but that option got taken away a while back.

It has been reported that certain meid Touch Pros and Touch Pros 2s can no longer be swapped via esn to Boost. It is also said that they may be getting more stringent in the future about byod on Boost cdma. This is still ongoing , new and unconfirmed. As of now, I can tell you there are reports of Sprint phones still being transferred to Boost cdma successfully.

As for the "cool stuff", Androids/Wimax 4g, forget it if you want to do it legally. The only way to get those on are via esn cloning/rewriting. There are "flashers" out there charging $100 each to put Evos, Epics etc on Boost with even bad esns. That's a DEAD GIVEAWAY on illegal activity. And a real dumb butt move.

I say stick with the tried and true. Clean esn Sprint phones. And no fancy stuff.

You don't even need Cdma Workshop for that.

crazy-alex
04-14-2011, 10:35 PM
What makes and ESN bad or good?

markymark805
04-15-2011, 01:32 PM
What makes and ESN bad or good?

If the ESN was reported as stolen, lost, owes sprint money or some other reason black listed, then it would be considered a bad esn for sprint or sprint subsidaries (ie boost)

If the ESN has none of those issues with Sprint, then its a good ESN and can be used on sprint again, etc.

Con.Safo
05-03-2011, 03:58 PM
I just recently purchased an HTC EVO 4G online that was supposedly "Boost" Ready how would i know ..if this was actually done? ie: where on the fone would i look to see this info
......... ANY help would be awsome as it stands im out $300 trying to figure this mess out!!!

Danka,
CS
CS