PDA

View Full Version : Complete guide for dissasembeling iphone 4

rich hathaway
03-06-2011, 09:51 AM
i found this over at i fix-it. i have 2 of these,but this one is the better of the 2.

[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links][/hide-thanks]

and yes if your screen/digitizer is broken or cracked,then you have replace the lcd and digitizer.
they are pressed and glued together,the only way to get them apart is in hundreds of pieces.

markymark805
03-06-2011, 11:36 AM
I took apart and repaired my first iphone 4 a few months back very shortly after the release and no one had told me about the screen and digitzer being glued together. I figured it out after the dang lcd bent in half! haha.

Expensive mistake, but glad they are finally putting up some good tut's on the thing.....

rich hathaway
03-06-2011, 12:24 PM
I took apart and repaired my first iphone 4 a few months back very shortly after the release and no one had told me about the screen and digitzer being glued together. I figured it out after the dang lcd bent in half! haha.

Expensive mistake, but glad they are finally putting up some good tut's on the thing.....

ya i agree that was uncharted waters for a while,but really pretty easy phone to repair,more so than its predecessors.but sucks that the single most in demand part to be replaced on it(digitizer) now has to be accompanied
with an lcd,doubling the cost. good for apple...lol..

the thing is they are sold seperatly so you could replace them,not having them epoxy'd together making the second replacement,if there ever was one, be where you could just replace the digitizer and leave the lcd alone.

but i guess why would you, i just checked ebay and they are as cheap as 25 bucks from china for both oem.