PDA

View Full Version : [HOW TO - Tutorial] Rumor LX260 How do i transfer data

mrbeliever
02-28-2011, 09:55 PM
I have a LG Rumor LX260.I want to copy the 300 contacts to a folder on my Windows7 pc. I downloaded the drivers and a program called Bitpim. I hooked up the phone to the USB cord i purchased from Ebay.My pc recognizes the phone and successfully installs the drivers, but Bitpim wont work?I have checked the USB setting on the phone and it is "checked" Can someone give me how-to directions either with Bitpim or another app so i can get this phone book on a disc for this friend of mine.Maybe there is a thread here i missed?Thank you, BillyRay.

Update>>>I did some poking around and found the file in the phone i believe contains the phone numbers but they are .dat files. After converting they were all in computer language.I managed to pull .jpg files and some sound files, but i really need the phone numbers without doing them 1 by 1.Someone please help!

markymark805
03-01-2011, 01:39 PM
Its been a while since I used Bit PM, but with the Rumor's dont you have to select the Chocolate for the type of phone in bitpm, for it to recognize the phone?