PDA

View Full Version : Unable to update blackberry

captainkirks
02-28-2011, 02:57 PM
I ran into this today when trying to update on a blackberry storm.
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

rich hathaway
02-28-2011, 10:22 PM
hey kirk what are you trying to update on your berry ? the os or is it missing something? for what its worth we always leave them on the older os if possible because we have had issues with the browser not showing up on the upgraded or later os and end up having to jl it and then downgrade back to one of the older os to get the browser back, it shows up on the service books and the browser config but not the desktop sometimes. (for us anyway)

captainkirks
02-28-2011, 11:38 PM
Rich it was a storm, I like to put them on 5.0 firmware fixs the tilt trouble. I did it the old fashion way with wiping the firmware and reloading it with swiss army.. Took longer but got the job done. I just never seen that before.

markymark805
03-01-2011, 01:35 PM
The same thing happened to me the other day when I was putting some sprint 8530's onto metro. Looks like they are trying to force people into putting blackberries back onto services with blackberry subscriptions.

I normally don't update, but figured I would see what the new updates did to them or if they offered anything new that wouldnt affect my flashes.