PDA

View Full Version : LG Chocolate vx8550 stuck in boot loop

Jr1980Guy
02-28-2011, 01:45 PM
I have an LG Chocolate vx8550 stuck in a boot loop. The phone worked fine when I first got it (it was for my girlfriend). A few months later she told me the wallpaper would change on it's own back to the default one (this one ([Only registered and activated users can see links])). I took a look at it and it seemed it had problems detecting the microSD card, which is where the image for her wallpaper was being loading from. But even then, sometimes the default animated wallpaper would screw up with the animation.

Then it came to the point were most of the time it would not load the wallpaper from the sd card at all. A few weeks later, it just got stuck in a boot loop. I took it to Verizon and they said I need a new phone (they didn't even bother really looking at it).

Just of curiosity, I connected the phone to my PC today and tried reading it with BitPim. To my surprise, it worked. :D I could browse the whole file system with no problem and copy files just fine. The phone has a lot of images/ ringtones/ect... I would like to copy. But doing it through Bitpim only lets you do one at a time (and there are a few hundred).

I searched the forums for similar scenarios and it seems it can be fixed. Some users mentioned that if you replace the corrupt files that the phone will get out of the boot loop. Problem is, I'm not sure which files I need to replace, and I don't have another vx8550 to get the working files from.

Does any one know exactly how I can fix this or point me in the right direction as to what I need to do?

TIA! :)