PDA

View Full Version : Long road almost there, error 67 :( calls & text ) but no data :(

Sprinkster
02-26-2011, 06:41 AM
THE GOOD AND BAD NEWS... THE GOOD NEWS FIRST! i got my evo4g over to boost mobile with my boost account i already had open :) i can outgoing text and recieve text (no mms right now) i can call out and get calls in, works great shows my boost cell phone number on my evo and everything..

NOW THE PROBLEM...

my DATA doesn't work at all... i get the error 67

I TRIED THESE INSTRUCTIONS AFTER SEEING MY DATA DIDNT WORK..

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

If data is not working move on to the next steps...
(Note: These are steps not verified by me as I still dont have neither 1x nor Evdo working but some people say 1 or 2 or all of these following steps combined worked for them, so i guess it depends on the network you are trying to get on)

1. First attempt to update your profile if it can or update PRL
Menu>Settings>About Phone>System Updates>Update Profile

Reboot and see if data works....

2. If still no Data, plug in your Hero to the computer, dial ##3424#, go to QPST folder and open QPST Configuration app.

Under the Ports Tab if the active COM port your phone is on is not in that list Click Add Port and add it.

Then go to Active Phones Tab, select the phone and then go to Start Clients>Service Programming

A new window opens, hit ok, then click Read From Phone on the bottom left, its gonna ask you for your MSL type it in

Then go to the M.IP Tab and under user profiles click on profile 0, click edit, and then deselect Profile Enabled, hit ok, then click Write to Phone.

Close the program unplug your hero, reboot it, and try your data again.

3. If still no data, plug in your old phone to the computer, open up QXDM
check Connections and make sure your COM port is being read.

Go to View>New>Common>NV Browser , in the Category Filter drop down menu, filter only Data

Then scroll down to ID numbers 1192 and 1194

Click read and copy down all the values in there until u reach 0x00

Then unplug your old phone and plug in your hero, dial in ##3424# and go to NV Browser
navigate to the same ID numbers 1192 and 1194, (just to be safe copy all the values here so you can revert back to the originals)

Then double click each value under the input column and it becomes changeable and change all the values to the ones from your old phone and hit write

Close QXDM unplug and reboot your hero, test Data again

4. If still no data, plug in your old phone to the computer, open up QXDM
check Connections and make sure your COM port is being read.

Go to View>New>Common>NV Browser , in the Category Filter drop down menu, filter only Data

Then scroll down to ID numbers 465 and 466

Click read and copy down all the values in there until u reach 0x00

Then unplug your old phone and plug in your hero, dial in ##3424# and go to NV Browser
navigate to the same ID numbers 465 and 466, (just to be safe copy all the values here so you can revert back to the originals)

Then double click each value under the input column and it becomes changeable and change all the values to the ones from your old phone and hit write

Close QXDM unplug and reboot your hero, test Data again

NONE OF IT WORKED.... SO I WENT TO THE SECOND SET OF INSTRUCTIONS.

Run the QPST config and plug in your phone, make sure your phone is detected in the COM port list. If not click Add New Port and add the one that it has detected your phone on. What it says may vary but USB will often be in the description.

Run QXDM click Options -> Communications and set the Target Port for the same one QPST config listed for your phone.

In the command box at the top type "spc 000000"
Note: If your SPC is not 000000 then you need to use the correct number instead!

If successful you will see a window titled "Command Output" that will output some text with the final line reading "SPC Result = Correct"

Next in the command box type "requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof"

This will get you a lot of stuff in the Command Output window. It will start with the "DIAG TX item" section, ignore this one, we are interested in the "DIAG RX item" part.

The actual keys are 16 lines and marked in the output as 0-15. You will notice that quite handily both HA and AAA are both there. Take the part after the "0x" and that is actual key data. Just write down (or use word, notepad, whatever) to record this for safe keeping.

If you are doing this right then you have a long string of 30 characters all strung together for each key. DOUBLE CHECK YOUR COPYING! A single mistake will cause this to fail.

Putting the keys back into the phone:

Load QPST service programming, go to the M.IP tab. Double click profile 0 (in the white box) and use "Enter hex value" to enter your backups of your HA and AAA keys.

Write to phone.

Soft reset. (may not be required but I do it for good measure)

do "requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof" for the sprint info and "requestnvitemread ds_mip_ss_user_prof 1" for the boost info

I'm telling you.. If you're getting the error 67, the following these steps above will fix it.. I'm on the Sprint network and the problem i was having was, in "Profile 0" The username which began with A000000 (this is actually your ESN #) Was from the original phone, not the donar phone... So i took the battery out the donor phone and looked at the ESN (not DEC) and began to type A00000 etc.
Then i used the steps above to get AAA Shared Secret from the Donor phone.. My AAA Shared Secret was 32 Alpha numeric characters...

i did that and still no dice.... i got the AAA key and the HA key .. both were 32 characters...

i even went as far as to get the profile info from the incognito phone, for profile 0 and 1, and made it exactly the same on my evo and addresses for the HA and alternate HA ADDRESS... still no dice.. i went into debug mode on my evo and even hit the restore to start fresh , and let it download the data via the servers... still didnt work...

i even re-entered the profile info and etc, for profile 0 and 1, and still not working :(

i know im close i just need to finish the puzzle please help. :)

oh yea, and when i go into debug mode it shows the authentication as failed.. :( i dont know how thats even possible I've triple checked the HA AND AAA keys via QXDM and they are the correct keys from the incognito boost phone.

jason.scorned
02-26-2011, 02:07 PM
My incognito(Donor) is s Sprint one, could be the evdo rev. or data info is different on the boost incognito.

whitey10tc
02-26-2011, 02:17 PM
My suggestions:
Give up on cloning phones, Boost has been known to accept Sprint ESN's.
Review our forum rules, ESN cloning Discussions are frowned on here.

When you get into discussions of using a Sanyo "donor" for an HTC EVO, it is very clear it's not a legitimate repair and a clone...

bigboi3000
03-19-2011, 09:11 AM
Good info, but post this on mobile-files dot com since most of these forums and moderators won't let you discuss this matter, but good info!

Wrecked Johnson
03-19-2011, 10:53 AM
I know somebody who can do this in a jiff PM me if your interested

-eros-
03-19-2011, 12:42 PM
##786# ----- Menu ------ Reset .--- enter 6 digits spl.. phone will reset --- let it activate via ota (over the air) ... done you have internet working..

qkiller
10-21-2011, 08:44 PM
Anyone know why this occurs? I am having the same issue, and ##786# reset won't activate it ota, error 67 continues. What is the problem?