PDA

View Full Version : Anybody been able to make any progress with VM Rumor 2 (VM265) yet?

stmotorsports
02-24-2011, 07:43 PM
I tried the unlock procedure for the Rumor Touch (VM510) using pretty much every dll I could get my hands on and still no luck. Is it just a matter of having the right dll?

ownmart
02-24-2011, 08:36 PM
you're better off getting a different phone. you can check out the rumor touch vm method but in my opinion its not worth it just to get talk and text

noodleshk
04-03-2011, 09:16 PM
I've read the thread on the Rumor Touch, as well. Based on the procedure given, the assumption is that the phone has to at least show up as a modem before the LG Download even works. Since the Rumor 2 won't give that up without SPC, I'm thinking it's a dead end.

Does virgin have a phone that makes for a better donor for HA and AAA credentials?

El Schisne
04-19-2011, 10:34 AM
Someone over at HowardForums ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) has reported on this extremely-detailed error message:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

If you login to virginmobileusa.com and then click the above link, you will see all sorts of information about your account. Included is the MSL. I don't have a Rumor2, but I assume it works for any Virgin Mobile USA device.

Dead end no more!

Elizabeth Kelly
01-16-2012, 04:08 PM
I have tried this several times on firefox, internet explorer, and google chrome and all I get is "The specified URL cannot be found". I have tried ##port# and cannot get past the security code. I have called vm and get nowhere, they either don't know it or won't give it out. I have tried synccell but without the usb being enabled on the phone, synccell can't see it. Is there a code or something to find out the security code? It's 6 digits long, it is not 000000, 111111, or my phone number.