PDA

View Full Version : [HOW TO - Tutorial] DROID X/2 Full Flash to Cricket

dduran1591
02-14-2011, 08:35 PM
****UPDATE!! Root now with superoneclick! Thanks to CLShorteFuse over at XDA. Hes got a donation coming from me thats for sure! And thanks to whiterabbit!***

5/16/11 ANOTHER UPDATE GUYS THIS TIME I FINALLY GOT MMS WORKING ON THE DROID 2 AND X. IDK IF ANYONE ELSE HAS FIGURED IT OUT BUT THIS IS HOW I DID IT. I WENT TO THE CAMERA AND SETTINGS I CHANGED THE MP TO 2 AND THE QUALITY TO NORMAL AND HAVE BEEN ABLE TO SEND AND RECIEVE. I TRIED SENDING A PICTURE WITH BOTH MODELS, THEN I GOT THE NO NATIONAL ACCESS ERROR THEN I CHANGED TO SETTINGS, REBOOTED AND BAM WORKED. YOU WILL NEED APNBACKUPRESTORE WHICH I POSTED A LINK IN THE INSTRUCTIONS

Now lets start. First thing we have to do is root the Droid X. Used SuperOneClick. Go here: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Huge thanks to the guy who created this by the way.

Now you will need droidx.bootstrap.apk install it on the phone. Once installed select bootstrap recovery.

You dont need a custom rom unless you want one!! I hear some roms like the Liberty roms fix the mms issue. but idk never tried it.

Now plug the phone into the computer and for USB Connection select PC Mode. Now assuming you have HW Virtual Serial Port. Open it up and create a com port. If you dont have google is your friend. It should say connected.

Open up CMDA WS open the port you created, program MIN, MDN, and SID. Now write the prl you need the 42600 prl ive noticed that this one has worked better than the 49027. it comes from all the cricket android phones. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Now go to the market and install autostart.apk. Restart the phone and select yes if a Superuser prompt comes up.

Install anycut on your phone and apnbackuprestore. Heres apnbackuprestore. [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Then inside the abr folder open the xml document with notepad and change the number to the one your flashing. On the phone open up the actual app and hit restore apns, select yes when it gives you the pop up. Now open anycut and make a apn shortcut, when you open apns make sure the cricket apn is selected with that green bubble. Then open and change the it to pap or chap.

Download [Only registered and activated users can see links] and save in you c: drive it has u2nl and autostart.sh extract it.

Once its one open command prompt and type: (Hit enter after each line)

cd c:\android\tools
adb shell
mkdir /data/opt/
exit
adb remount
adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
Now:
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb reboot

If it doesnt reboot, manually reboot.

And thats its ur all done! If theres any confusion let me know, this is my first post :)

*UPDATE!! Root now with superoneclick! Thanks to CLShorteFuse over at XDA. Hes got a donation coming from me thats for sure! And thanks to whiterabbit!

Ashley Spellman
02-17-2011, 10:50 PM
I am confused about everything.does my phone need to be on by which i mean able to make calls, and get online...etc? Do i install z4root on my pc or phone and if so how? When you say download from the market, do you mean the market on mydroid 2?

whitey10tc
02-17-2011, 11:53 PM
I am confused about everything.does my phone need to be on by which i mean able to make calls, and get online...etc? Do i install z4root on my pc or phone and if so how? When you say download from the market, do you mean the market on mydroid 2?You will need an active cricket number to program in the phone and for the NV items mentioned. This can be the number from your old cricket phone if you have one.
For z4root, it's an APK that will need to be installed on the device "phone", you can get it from market or download it from the referenced link above and use a file explorer to install or you can push the apk to the phone using adb.

Also keep in mind that the Droid 2 is a dual band phone and a triband AWS phone is required in the Chicago cricket market.

ArkieKDealer
02-18-2011, 02:26 PM
What would cause a "no national access" error on outgoing MMS on these? I have incoming MMS no problem.

eric303
02-19-2011, 01:31 PM
ya that is a known problem the "no national access", nothing you can really do about it, verizon can fix it if it was still on verizon, when i spoke with ToO he said just keep and trying to send MMS, once it goes through it will be fixed forever.

ArkieKDealer
02-19-2011, 02:37 PM
Thanks! I'll try that and update with results.

blackbeans
02-19-2011, 09:40 PM
Thanks for sharing amazing tut! I'm facing with the problem of editing nv items! Coz whiterabbit just could only written basic NAI for UM. Other NAI for AN can't be changed because it has been locked by Verizon! So I need to change NV items exactly for enabling field that can change AN setting! I've heard that some people has successfully changed it by RadioComm or sth like that! Any helps would be appreciated! :rolleyes:

bigglou23
02-20-2011, 05:09 PM
If you need th mms fix, pm me. I have a fix for perfect mms in and out on the droid x....

(For cricket)

z_newb
03-07-2011, 11:02 AM
Now lets start. First thing we have to do is root the droid x. Download z4root from [Only registered and activated users can see links] Make sure you have USB Debugging enabled. Now for z4root you can save it on an SD card and install it using Astro File. Or you can do what i do, save it in c:\android\tools.
Then open a command prompt type cd:\android\tools hit enter. The line should drop down and now type adb install z4root.1.3.0.apk. It should look like this below
C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator>cd c:\android\tools

C:\android\tools>adb install z4root.1.3.0.apk
* daemon not running. starting it now *
* daemon started successfully *
410 KB/s (0 bytes in 978414.002s)
pkg: /data/local/tmp/z4root.1.3.0.apk
Success

C:\android\tools>

Now open the z4root app and hit permanent root, and it will root youre phone and reset. Congrats youre rooted!

Now you will need droidx.bootstrap.apk install it on the phone. Once installed select bootstrap recovery.

Now go into the market and download rom manager.Select ClockworkMod Recovery and it will download and install. This is in case you do want a custom rom or you want to install your own apps/files/zips.

Now plug the phone into the computer and for USB Connection select PC Mode. Now assuming you have HW Virtual Serial Port. Open it up and create a com port. If you dont have google is your friend. It should say connected.

Open up CMDA WS open the port you created, program MIN, MDN, and SID. Now write the prl you need the 49027 prl otherwise 3G wont really stick. If you dont have it here you go [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Now go to the market and install autostart.apk. Restart the phone and select yes if a Superuser prompt comes up.

Install anycut on your phone. Open it and select new shortcut scroll down to APN's. It should show up on your home screen. Open and edit all the settings to cricket settings.

Name - Cricket
APN internet
Proxy wap.mycricket.com:8080
Port 8080
Password cricket
Server wap.mycricket.com
MMSC [Only registered and activated users can see links]
MMS Proxy wap.mycricket.com
MMS Port 8080
MCC 310
MNC 004
Authentication Type PAP or CHAP
APN type <Not set>

Download [Only registered and activated users can see links] and save in you c: drive it has u2nl and autostart.sh extract it.

Once its one open command prompt and type: (Hit enter after each line)

cd c:\android\tools
adb shell
mkdir /data/opt/
exit
adb remount
adb push c:\android\tools\u2nl /system/bin/u2nl
adb push c:\android\tools\autostart.sh /data/opt/autostart.sh
Now:
adb shell
chmod 0755 /system/bin/u2nl
chmod 0755 /data/opt/autostart.sh
adb reboot

If it doesnt reboot, manually reboot.

And thats its ur all done! If theres any confusion let me know, this is my first post :)

are these steps still correct and in full working order? i wanted to buy an X today but noone seems to know for sure if i can flash to cricket with the X or if anything will work if i do get it. i was going to get it at 11 today but so far ive got no input from any reliable sources so if someone can help me asap i would greatly appriciate it.

Z

dduran1591
03-08-2011, 08:02 PM
are these steps still correct and in full working order? i wanted to buy an X today but noone seems to know for sure if i can flash to cricket with the X or if anything will work if i do get it. i was going to get it at 11 today but so far ive got no input from any reliable sources so if someone can help me asap i would greatly appriciate it.

Z

Yeah they are in full working order, ive never had any problems with the mms as some others have. well not that i know of but im sure one of my customers would have came back with it.

z_newb
03-10-2011, 01:16 AM
ok so how do you connect to the market useing just wifi because ive tried with no data and it wont let me download the apps from the market.. any suggestions?

z_newb
03-10-2011, 01:21 AM
or can i do a rom backup with rom manager and just load that rom threw rom manger when i put the apk on the new droid x phone and load it? it should load all my setting's i have on the flashed droid x in front of me into the phone that im receiveing hence replaceing the factory rom in the new droid x correct??

inuyasha199990
03-29-2011, 04:19 AM
that should be correct but sometimes the custom roms do funny things! but i have never had a issue!
it should back it up as if it never happened!

Wrecked Johnson
03-29-2011, 10:04 AM
Thanks for sharing amazing tut! I'm facing with the problem of editing nv items! Coz whiterabbit just could only written basic NAI for UM. Other NAI for AN can't be changed because it has been locked by Verizon! So I need to change NV items exactly for enabling field that can change AN setting! I've heard that some people has successfully changed it by RadioComm or sth like that! Any helps would be appreciated! :rolleyes:

I never had an issue and I have used this method and similar methods only without the u2nl and autostart because my customers choose the android plan and its not necessary to use either of those files. I would check your account first if you have issues and are on the $45 rate plan. If you are on the $45 I would highly recommend going to the $55

Wrecked Johnson
03-29-2011, 10:06 AM
ok so how do you connect to the market useing just wifi because ive tried with no data and it wont let me download the apps from the market.. any suggestions?

If you did it right............................. you should have no issues and see a 3g icon consistently in your notification bar.

nate2121
03-30-2011, 09:41 AM
Hey yall I think im either missing a step or something here.
Im trying to write the NV-items in CDMA workshop it comes up and says SPC needs to be sent which I have multiple times/
It switches into Offline-D mode goes for about a min or 2 gets to 8% then comes up and says Process is stopped. Phone does not answer.
The phone is set to PC mode.
I know this guide is supose to be for going to cricket but I want to be using it on Metro PCS.
If I could get a point in the right dirrection that would be great.

The phone is also perma rooted and droid X boot strap is loaded on it also.

Also for the SPC.
SPC comes up correctlly at 000000
FSC (Field server code) is saying failed im wondering how to fix that and if thats the reason why.
QTKSL is coming up 000000

Wrecked Johnson
03-30-2011, 10:16 AM
I think most of you missed a step, its called the thank you button. Before you go delivering your issues expecting help why dont you thank the guy who posted the tutorial. I know that most of you who use this will profit from it and its sickening seeing that the post only has 2 thanks. Personally I wouldnt help anyone fix their issues if they didnt thank the poster.

nate2121
03-30-2011, 10:39 AM
To be perfectly honest I always thank when I do use the guide itself but I was using it as a reference tool,
Don't get me wrong im glad that someone knows what they are doing and thats amazing.
Most people are probably going to there problem first and thanking for solutions of the problem.
I just donate as I see fit.

xxSLRxx
03-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Hey yall I think im either missing a step or something here.
Im trying to write the NV-items in CDMA workshop it comes up and says SPC needs to be sent which I have multiple times/
It switches into Offline-D mode goes for about a min or 2 gets to 8% then comes up and says Process is stopped. Phone does not answer.
The phone is set to PC mode.
I know this guide is supose to be for going to cricket but I want to be using it on Metro PCS.
If I could get a point in the right dirrection that would be great.

The phone is also perma rooted and droid X boot strap is loaded on it also.

Also for the SPC.
SPC comes up correctlly at 000000
FSC (Field server code) is saying failed im wondering how to fix that and if thats the reason why.
QTKSL is coming up 000000

As far as I'm aware, CDMA always states that the SPC must be sent when writing NV items. In other words, don't worry about that. Go to the EVDO tab and see if they actually worked (there shouldn't be any reference to vzw).

z_newb
04-02-2011, 11:18 AM
Hi ive done you're tut on the flash to cricket for moto droid x and I got everything working on my droid X except one thing in the tut and so here is my problem.

1. Can't get mms working,

2: When I do the APN's part to put in the settings and click save the settings just dissapear and don’t save ive tried from scratch from a factory reset and still nothing. I was going to start fresh with the newest SBF file....any suggestions.

Thank-you.

yanis
04-22-2011, 08:30 PM
OP can you give a working link to CMDA WS program? i cant find it online, tons of trojans

whitey10tc
04-22-2011, 08:40 PM
OP can you give a working link to CMDA WS program? i cant find it online, tons of trojans
You will find that all of the cracked versions will show as a trojan. It's harmless, but if you don't want that chance buy a copy.

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

yanis
04-22-2011, 08:42 PM
Ok just downloaded, Having problems with HW VSP says "Ping to device failed, check device
Can't create serial port with this name"

peckfaceagain
04-24-2011, 05:09 PM
First off... Huge thanks for starting this thread. It has been extremely helpful. I've followed your steps and have had perfect success until the part where its time to work with u2nl and autostart.sh. I'm slightly confused here. This is only my second flash and I'm a little lost when it comes to command level work. I've tried using a windows CMD prompt with no luck and I've used the terminal emulator on the phone with no luck too. I'm just kinda stuck at that point. Phone, SMS, MMS are all working perfectly but no 3G data. It appearsto be working but always times out. I skipped the u2nl step all together and am now trying to go back to get the data working and don't know what to do from this point. Any suggestions, tips, constructive critisizm ?

whitey10tc
04-24-2011, 05:39 PM
I would hate to say the obvious, but go back and do the steps you skipped. Or upgrade to the Android plan. Also when you used cmd, is it connecting to any adb devices? Is it rooted?

peckfaceagain
04-24-2011, 10:10 PM
I would hate to say the obvious, but go back and do the steps you skipped. Or upgrade to the Android plan. Also when you used cmd, is it connecting to any adb devices? Is it rooted?

nope...its not connecting to any adb devices. it just says "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command"

whitey10tc
04-24-2011, 10:44 PM
nope...its not connecting to any adb devices. it just says "adb is not recognized as an internal or external command"
Do you have the android sdk installed and does it give that error after you cd to the sdk location? Are the correct driver's installed? Is usb debugging enabled?

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

Brian638039
04-26-2011, 11:18 PM

dduran1591
04-29-2011, 09:14 PM
Ok just downloaded, Having problems with HW VSP says "Ping to device failed, check device
Can't create serial port with this name"

You probably figured it out by now but. did you make sure the usb connection was on PC Mode/Tools

peckfaceagain
05-01-2011, 10:03 PM
Ok I did all of this exactly to the letter. I've done it over and over. Its almost perfect. I can browse the web all day long over 3g but for some reason my apps are not connecting to the internet. They all give me a connection error. And my battery will drain in about 4 hours. Anybody else experience this ?

Williet33
06-02-2011, 01:33 PM
first thanks to all developers...I have a droid 2 that i want to flash to cricket I have rooted it with superoneclick( thanks again) and have install boostrap and ran bootstrap recovery ...now how do i load market programs like rom manager when i can't get on market...how do i complete process ...i also downloaded hw virtual port but it wont connect

ThatBoyRio
06-06-2011, 10:19 AM
You will need an active cricket number to program in the phone and for the NV items mentioned. This can be the number from your old cricket phone if you have one.
For z4root, it's an APK that will need to be installed on the device "phone", you can get it from market or download it from the referenced link above and use a file explorer to install or you can push the apk to the phone using adb.

Also keep in mind that the Droid 2 is a dual band phone and a triband AWS phone is required in the Chicago cricket market.

I have been using a FULLY FLASHED HTC EVO (which is a dual band phone) in Chicago since Feb 1st of this year & haven't had a single problem whatsoever. That AWS stuff is a bunch of bull. Nothing against you Whitey, I'm just trying to let people know that it is possible to get your dual band phone working on Cricket in a Triband area.

rich hathaway
06-06-2011, 04:35 PM
of course its possible,but lasting? the answer is no.your phone is using partner coverage which is basically roaming,even though it doesnt show roaming. so what will happen is cricket will notice this (sometime),the second or third month for most and they will send you a letter or text saying that they are terminating your service for abuse of partner coverage and that you would be better served by another provider.

what whitey said is exactly right aws markets require the tri-band phones to use crickets service.and "that aws stuff" is not a bunch of bull.it is fact.do some homework on it try google,or better yet call cricket technical support.....oh wait,,thats us..... nevermind.

chrisngrod
06-17-2011, 01:05 PM
Hey guys, just wanted you to know that a person I've been talking to has made a really helpful Android app for those trying to use the $45 plan.

It routes all the data through the proxy since it uses the code that u2nl and autostart provided. It sets up correct permissions and everything in just a couple of clicks (still called it a one click solution). You must have root access on your device just like you would need with u2nl and autostart.

You should always consider this over a proxy modification like the one built into the Android OS. 99 times out of 100 you will get better results.

cancell
11-15-2011, 05:42 PM
Bumping this thread because that always better than starting a new thread! (right)I cannot get CDMA W or QPST (I have v. 366) to read a droid x2. I connect it to the comp. usng PC mode and create the HWVSP 20 . It stays connect and give me no errors. In CDMA W it connects to port 20 but won't ad anything and fails -phone does not answer. I have tried rebooting everything, and nothing works. In QPST it shows port 20 has usb connected but no phone shows up. What gives? what am I missing. All I need to do is write the PRL and the NV items. Everything else I did manually.Any Suggestions?

RotKT
11-24-2011, 07:45 PM
nevermind, i got it.
thanks

cancell
03-05-2012, 09:25 PM
Bumping this yet again......................I have flashed many of these with success, yet this one I am working on now will not connect to data. I have qrtten all NV items (12) and double checked all apn settings many times. I don't even get a 1x symbol. Al I can get is the signal bars (talk n text alone is working now) any other hiddened menus that i might use to turn data on? Thanks

rich hathaway
03-06-2012, 08:01 PM
seems to me if you have data on and data roaming on but no 3g and have checked your acct and all is good,you should reload the stock sbf then reflash,that will write the stock nv's back to the phone and get you back to square 1 erasing any mistakes that might been made.

Shane Mickley
11-09-2012, 12:15 AM
Bigglou23,

Could you please tell me this fix for MMS on the Droid X? I would be incredibly grateful.

Shane Mickley
11-09-2012, 01:00 AM
bigglou23,

Please forgive me. I'm not familiar with forums like this. I hope I am replying in the right manor. In regards to the MMS fix for Droid X you mentioned... I really need this info. If you could please help me I would be so grateful. Thank you.

whitey10tc
11-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Be patient! This is a forum and like 99% of other forums is not a IM service. When/if a member can help they will. In general there is a waiting time before posting for help again as stated in the rules you agreed to when registering and also available at the bottom of each page.

If you want a quick fix, download wireless workshop ([Only registered and activated users can see links]) buy a credit and flash away. If you want a free fix be patient.