PDA

View Full Version : Samsung momenet Help PLz

billz
02-13-2011, 11:03 PM
Hey I tried to flash my samsung moment to cricket using the the terminal mode method entering ##msl# then entering my min for cricket but instead of cricket or sprint when I call 611 verizon comes up can anyone please help me did I miss a step? Or can give me a tutorial on how to restart and then flash to cricket? I cant get Cdma wkshp or qpst to work. Please give me step by step instructions and no links unless they are 100% useful and clear. I am gettin a little fustrated because everyone else is figuring it out except me

whitey10tc
02-13-2011, 11:17 PM
Welcome to the forum, I've closed your post in the Verizon forum because it really has nothing to do with VZW and moved this thread to correct forum/sub-forum.
If you browse around here in this forum you'll find alot of info and directions for the Samy Moment. As for connecting with VZW, what PRL are you using and what is your location. Things that could cause this could be, incorrect SID, PRL, or even in a triband AWS market like Las Vegas or Chicago for example. As far as a tutorial step by step. There are many, I could write one and another user could write something different but they could both end with the same result. But I would start by getting the t&t done first.

billz
02-13-2011, 11:30 PM
The phone says PRL version 60674 and what is T&T? Also, any instruction would be greatly appreciated because I have no idea what I am doing like I stated before I can't even get Cdma wkshp or qpst to work.

whitey10tc
02-13-2011, 11:43 PM
Well let's see, that PRL is a Sprint PRL, "not sure why it's connecting to VZW"
All the info is already here, rather than me spend a few hours writing what's already been written. Take a look around here in the forums.
Look in the Android/Samsung forum for the drivers, look in the Samsung device forum for drivers also, look in the Flashing basics forum for the basics, and in this forum cricket/Android/Samsung/Moment for the tutorials.

It's all here at the fingertips.

billz
02-13-2011, 11:49 PM
I read EVERY thread/section on this website that is why I am getting fustrated

whitey10tc
02-13-2011, 11:59 PM
Here's a full search for the Samsung Moment:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
if you take a look through most of it you'll get it going.

whitey10tc
02-14-2011, 01:28 AM
This is a very informative post
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
I don't think I've seen one better for the basic flash, it covers how to get the pc to read the phone to loading the PRL and even points to how to get WAP working.

Like I mentioned there are many ways.

I use CDMA Work shop 3.6 and windows XP.
Connect just like in the tutorial,
do the spc in the security tab,
do the PRL in the misc tab,
do the EVDO setting,
do the NAM setting.
then I root the phone,
root procedures can be found amoung the many threads here and also at sdx-developers.com
then I load the u2nl, autostart.apk, and autostart.sh - these you can find at [Only registered and activated users can see links]
If you're not in an AWS market, have the correct PRL, the ESN is on the account, you should be good to go.

captainkirks
02-14-2011, 12:06 PM
You can always take it to a professional and have it done for you. Looks like you are spending a lot of time on it. A pro should have it done in around 5 minutes. I am sure your time is worth more than what they are going to charge you, good luck