PDA

View Full Version : Verizon iphone 4 flash to cricket?

p.dubb713
02-12-2011, 11:11 PM
Has anyone had any progress on accomplishing this.....

whitey10tc
02-12-2011, 11:25 PM
Yes, it's being worked on but I don't think a free solution will be readily available. This has been a long awaited phone so those working hard on it will want some revenue from it.

But keep your eyes out here in the market place I'm sure it'll be there soon.

p.dubb713
02-12-2011, 11:34 PM
do you think its going to a guide or a cdma workshop solution...

whitey10tc
02-12-2011, 11:42 PM
I have no idea, I just know it's been done and is being perfected.

rich hathaway
02-13-2011, 11:01 AM
this phone is not compatible with workshop.

tsaharms
02-14-2011, 12:47 AM
CDMAWS 4.0, Please!!! lol

whitey10tc
02-14-2011, 01:37 AM
Nope, not compatible with WS. Like rich said...

tsaharms
02-14-2011, 01:39 AM
I know it's not compatable, was just saying they need to release a 4.0 that is compatable.

whitey10tc
02-14-2011, 02:34 AM
My bad! I see.

gijoey1980
02-14-2011, 05:28 PM
Anyone have any confirmation of anything working yet with the iphone on cricket? I've heard rumors but yet to actually see anyone come forward saying they can do it.

I can personally say that prl can be loaded to iphone but programming the MDN and MIN pair hasn't happened yet that I know of anyway.

changoleon
02-17-2011, 06:00 PM
I have a working iphone with cricket no bs

lj27416
02-18-2011, 11:09 AM
T&t only but yes its happened.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]
m05itSAI_z8&feature

qipengart
02-21-2011, 05:39 PM
Maybe this is the solution?

Initial steps to flashing your iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) to Cricket or MetroPCS (speculative?)

1) Jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.2.6 firmware using the latest version of GreenPois0n at greenpois0n . com
2) Download i-Funbox www dot i-funbox.com
3) Connect your iPhone 4 to the Windows PC and the modem drivers will load up
4) Open up i-Funbox and then check to see whether your iPhone is connected.
5) Scroll down to Raw File System then open up the directory called: [iPhone]://System/Library/Carrier Bundles

(speculation from here since I don't have my own iPhone 4 yet)

6) Erase the Verizon prl.
7) Cut and paste or load up the Cricket/MetroPCS prl you want to use by using Actions then Copy from PC tab on i-Funbox.
8) Close up and restart the iPhone
9) Activate using *228 or *22804 to get working talk and text?

lj27416
02-21-2011, 05:40 PM
this will not work. it verifies signatures before flashing the bundle

sacinfowarrior
02-26-2011, 04:03 PM
I have successfully got Talk & Text on MetroPCS. Calls and SMS seem to be working fine.

changoleon
02-26-2011, 04:41 PM
Maybe this is the solution?

Initial steps to flashing your iPhone 4 CDMA (Verizon) to Cricket or MetroPCS (speculative?)

1) Jailbreak your iPhone 4 on the 4.2.6 firmware using the latest version of GreenPois0n at greenpois0n . com
2) Download i-Funbox www dot i-funbox.com
3) Connect your iPhone 4 to the Windows PC and the modem drivers will load up
4) Open up i-Funbox and then check to see whether your iPhone is connected.
5) Scroll down to Raw File System then open up the directory called: [iPhone]://System/Library/Carrier Bundles

(speculation from here since I don't have my own iPhone 4 yet)

6) Erase the Verizon prl.
7) Cut and paste or load up the Cricket/MetroPCS prl you want to use by using Actions then Copy from PC tab on i-Funbox.
8) Close up and restart the iPhone
9) Activate using *228 or *22804 to get working talk and text?

YOu dont need To Do All That steps are Simple

1 activate Phone To Cricket
2 dial *22804
3 you are Done

915_P5
03-05-2011, 01:36 AM
can anyone else confirm this

YOu dont need To Do All That steps are Simple

1 activate Phone To Cricket
2 dial *22804
3 you are Done

NIK760
03-08-2011, 02:13 PM
I did it programed and good to go on ckt with t&t

scratch that good for talk and outgoing text no incoming

Nat3
03-10-2011, 11:23 PM
I did it programed and good to go on ckt with t&t

scratch that good for talk and outgoing text no incoming

I'm getting the same problem after the *22804....I guess i need to load the prl thru ifunbox.

NIK760
03-15-2011, 04:31 PM
Same problem and did it through ifunbox

915_P5
03-26-2011, 03:44 PM
anybody have more info on this

rich hathaway
03-26-2011, 06:38 PM
look around in the iphone forum there are some threads with good info in there.

motley28
04-06-2011, 10:52 AM
did ota programming got t&t except i can't receive messages from tmobile or at&t or messages from ipod touch 4g using text apps i can receive texts from other cricket phones have not tested other carriers yet

rich hathaway
04-06-2011, 01:26 PM
did ota programming got t&t except i can't receive messages from tmobile or at&t or messages from ipod touch 4g using text apps i can receive texts from other cricket phones have not tested other carriers yet

this is normal.we are still searching for a fix.

motley28
04-08-2011, 07:20 PM
Just tested verizon and can't receive messages from that network either. Does it seem wierd that I can receive messages from all cricket users but no other service? What would make this possible? Can changes be made using the iphone configuration utility to solve these problems? APN Settings? I've been working on this myself and it's a little frustrating. A buddy of mine works on phones at some shop and claims he can get everything to work and load some sort of data pack to be able use cricket service and surf the web and still only have the most basic service cricket offers. He suppose to do it to my verizon iPhone that I use on cricket now. Been trying to get a hold of him and now he won't answer phone. What a tease!

OfTeNuNo
04-21-2011, 06:42 PM
Just tested verizon and can't receive messages from that network either. Does it seem wierd that I can receive messages from all cricket users but no other service? What would make this possible? Can changes be made using the iphone configuration utility to solve these problems? APN Settings? I've been working on this myself and it's a little frustrating. A buddy of mine works on phones at some shop and claims he can get everything to work and load some sort of data pack to be able use cricket service and surf the web and still only have the most basic service cricket offers. He suppose to do it to my verizon iPhone that I use on cricket now. Been trying to get a hold of him and now he won't answer phone. What a tease!

you need to change the sid to 4729 in the VZW310.pri...hope this helps "GOOGLE" is your friend...

rich hathaway
04-22-2011, 11:36 AM
changing the sid will have no effect on the text message issue,in fact just to change the sid with plist editor so that it reads whatever your changing it to,wont actually change the sid,you see the phone will ignore those changes and continue to use the pre-installed sid.

as of right now there is no fix for the text message issue,you can only improve it (a little). using a custom ipsw made with snowbreeze for 4.2.6 there will be a slight improvement,i mean slight.after i loaded it i noticed i was able to get text from my wifes phone but still could not send to her,she is t-mobile.now this is gonna sound wierd but i also have tmobile and can not send or recieve to / from my phone to iphone 4,and that doesnt make much sense,because they are both t-mobile. i put up a custom jailbroken ipsw that i cooked in the iphone forum here at gurus if anyone is interested,but read all the warnings on that post before loading,as of now you will not be able to go back to a stock ipsw after loading it.

changoleon
04-22-2011, 03:45 PM
you need to change the sid to 4729 in the VZW310.pri...hope this helps "GOOGLE" is your friend...

Dont Put Google is your Friend Thats Y there are forums Like cdma Gurus so that a community can help each other

changoleon
04-22-2011, 03:47 PM
changing the sid will have no effect on the text message issue,in fact just to change the sid with plist editor so that it reads whatever your changing it to,wont actually change the sid,you see the phone will ignore those changes and continue to use the pre-installed sid.

as of right now there is no fix for the text message issue,you can only improve it (a little). using a custom ipsw made with snowbreeze for 4.2.6 there will be a slight improvement,i mean slight.after i loaded it i noticed i was able to get text from my wifes phone but still could not send to her,she is t-mobile.now this is gonna sound wierd but i also have tmobile and can not send or recieve to / from my phone to iphone 4,and that doesnt make much sense,because they are both t-mobile. i put up a custom jailbroken ipsw that i cooked in the iphone forum here at gurus if anyone is interested,but read all the warnings on that post before loading,as of now you will not be able to go back to a stock ipsw after loading it.

i changed sid On the Phone and i managed to send and receive text messages from any carrier tested It my self i thinkit depends What market you are On and What PRl you use

rich hathaway
04-22-2011, 10:36 PM
what market are you in?

aslangum
04-22-2011, 10:53 PM
You got text from other carriers working? how?

changoleon
04-23-2011, 06:23 PM
what market are you in?

i live In Phoenix az i used i file explorer to change sid i can explain how case its been weeks since ive done one and i kinda forgot how until i get another one no one has came back stating that that they have txt issues i programed via ota i tested One For about a week

rich hathaway
04-23-2011, 06:36 PM
i file will not change sid,you can change the number in the plist,but the phone will ignore it.so it does not change the sid.it is still gonna be 2004,even if it reads different because you changed it with ifile,but it will not change the sid the uses,so if text were working for you it because of something else.

changoleon
04-23-2011, 07:35 PM
i file will not change sid,you can change the number in the plist,but the phone will ignore it.so it does not change the sid.it is still gonna be 2004,even if it reads different because you changed it with ifile,but it will not change the sid the uses,so if text were working for you it because of something else.

rich hathaway
04-23-2011, 09:06 PM
the thing is you can change anything in that bundle (zeppelin_us.bundle),and when you go back and look it will reflect your changes, BUT, the phone will ignore it all even though it shows up with your changes,there is only a couple of things you can change in that bundle with ifile that the phone will notice.

changoleon
04-23-2011, 09:38 PM
the thing is you can change anything in that bundle (zeppelin_us.bundle),and when you go back and look it will reflect your changes, BUT, the phone will ignore it all even though it shows up with your changes,there is only a couple of things you can change with ifile that the phone will notice.well i know i did something to make it work because i did initially encounter the sms problem thats y i went in there at first i messed with it and then when i wrote the new file to it no sms at all them i did something else and only outgoing then the thrird time Fully functional i just wish i could remember its pissing me off cuz i cant member what i did i wrote it down some were

RBburrus
05-02-2011, 08:18 PM
I'm using a macbook pro, how would you use i-funbox.com since it's not compatible with mac is there a program that runs in the same manner as i-funbox....

rich hathaway
05-02-2011, 10:36 PM
use diskaid

Also, with OSX, you can ssh by simply using Terminal.

here is a link for diskaid for pc and mac

JJ cricket
05-04-2011, 01:32 PM
Is any one having problem with caller id every time i receive a call it says unknown caller? I am also having the text message problem

rich hathaway
05-04-2011, 02:49 PM
caller id should be working,if it is not check your acct. while cricket gives caller id with all voice plans,accts still have probs with missing feature codes and other errors on accts.

and if your in one of the markets that just got the new cid,it is meant to auto provision and check each acct 2 times daily for feature code errors, but it is not working still after almost a month,so when accts have provisioning or feature code issues now they just simply are not correctable.... dumb as that sounds it is true,what we have been doing is closing accts with errors and reopening the custy a new account. as far as the text messaging there is no fix right now,there is however an slight improvement for text,it seems that custom firmwares (snowbreeze)
does render a slight improvement,meaning you may recieve and send to a few (a few) more numbers than you were able to before.

but it is still not working from more numbers than it is working for,for instance.i have 3 viphones right now,with custom ipsw i can now send and recieve from my wife [verizon] but not from my phone [tmobile],but my sister [verizon] i can neither send or recieve from her,it doesnt figure.it is just what it is for now.

RBburrus
05-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I just flashed one to cricket got it activated but no 3g internet does anyone know of a patch for this or some way to accomplish this.

rich hathaway
05-07-2011, 12:10 PM
sorry bro it is still a work in progress

RBburrus
05-07-2011, 05:09 PM
Cool thanks I also have one question a few days after flashing the iphone I seem to be having a few text message issues where they aren't being received. Any help would be appreciated.

rich hathaway
05-07-2011, 06:06 PM
everyone has that issue as well,like i said it is a work in progress still.

baketona
05-17-2011, 01:24 PM
I'm about to flash my viphone 4 to cricket but there is one thing that I need to know, my iPhone got a bad ESN, it was already activated on verizon, its on os 4.2.6, do I have to restore it in order to flash it to cricket or it doesn't really matter? I just want to be sure of how to do things before flashing my cell, don't wanna mess up.

rich hathaway
05-17-2011, 02:57 PM
it does not matter

motley28
06-09-2011, 07:55 AM
Yeah cricket seems to activate everything. Hey Rich, i want to flash a friends iphone to cricket last time I did mine i had a dealer acttivate my phone on the account can i call customer service and just give them the MEID? Dont they usually ask for ESN? When they ask do i tell them i have an iphone and give them meid? Thanx.

rich hathaway
06-09-2011, 08:59 AM
convert your meid from the hexidecimal the phone gives you to decimal (18 digits) and then yes call custy service or visit a local store,its always good to support your local dealers.

tsaharms
06-09-2011, 09:36 AM
Yeah cricket seems to activate everything. Hey Rich, i want to flash a friends iphone to cricket last time I did mine i had a dealer acttivate my phone on the account can i call customer service and just give them the MEID? Dont they usually ask for ESN? When they ask do i tell them i have an iphone and give them meid? Thanx.

I dont think custy service will do an esn change over the phone anymore. I'm pretty sure you have to visit a store.
Make sure when they do your esn change, they set it up as a motorola v3c in cid. If they set it up as cpe, it will not provision all the features on your rate plan

To err is human. To really screw things up, you need a computer

motley28
06-09-2011, 02:13 PM
I did an esn change over the phone 1 month ago ill try. Thanx Rich thats easy enough. I learn more here i think than school.

motley28
06-09-2011, 02:15 PM
Do you know how to hit thanx button with new iphone app or am i blind?

Bjornsitte
06-14-2011, 05:08 PM
when I talked to custy service (wonderfully unaware people in India) I said I had the new iPhone CDMA and just needed my ESN (switched from Hexa to Decimal) in their computer system and I'd handle the rest. Not sure what "cid" is (remember, I'm a noob) but should I call custy back and tell them I made a mistake and need to change my info to Motorola V3C?.... Oh yeah, and what is "cpe"

Thaks

motley28
06-14-2011, 05:37 PM
I believe cpe stands for customer premises equipment but not positive. As for CID, it stands for Cell IDentification number

rich hathaway
06-14-2011, 05:42 PM
customer service does not know how to make the conversion,you need them to add your esn to your acct after you do the conversion.and cpe=customer provided equipment.
if you need help you can call kc phone and flash they can set everything up for you and do your conversion or there are a couple of other cricket dealers here as well.

motley28
06-14-2011, 05:45 PM
Thats what i meant provided not premises dont know why i put that. Thanks for correction. My phone is listed as Motorola K1M KRZR not sure what difference it makes. I think Rich said before that wasn't much diff but dont remember. Still looking for thanx button on new app.

tsaharms
06-15-2011, 09:23 AM
CID stands for Cricket Integrated Desktop. Its what all the stores use to make changes to accounts.
If your phone is listed as a k1m, that should be fine.

To err is human. To really screw things up, you need a computer

wwlai
06-16-2011, 04:25 PM
i live In Phoenix az i used i file explorer to change sid i can explain how case its been weeks since ive done one and i kinda forgot how until i get another one no one has came back stating that that they have txt issues i programed via ota i tested One For about a week Hi there, where at are you in Phoenix? I have an iphone 4 and has the texting problems (not able to receive text from other carriers). Can you help?

motley28
07-03-2011, 05:13 PM
Last night I did a *228 just to see what would happen (iphone 4 on Cricket carrier) and then *#5005*4357# to check my prl. It read that the Prl was 41038. I could have sworn before it was 32000. ive searchef the net about this prl and have found no info. Anyone got info on this prl?

rich hathaway
07-03-2011, 11:53 PM
well they just released 41016 so there gettin up there.if you still are making calls on cricket without roaming then its a cricket prl. its just a new one.

motley28
07-04-2011, 06:48 PM
Not roaming.(Thanx) (---- that's the missing thank you button on iphone app.