PDA

View Full Version : Htc epic 4g /w droidflash 2.0

eric303
02-10-2011, 02:00 PM
Hey guys, not sure if anyone here is using droid flash or flashed a epic 4g yet. But I ran across 2. The first one I rooted/recovery and put in the Epic Experience rom and ran DR2.0 and everything was peachy. 2nd one I did the same exact thing, but when i loaded the Epic Experience rom, once it fully booted it would freeze, tried to wipe everything and reinstalled about 5 times. No dice. So i went ahead and installed the Epic Experience dk28 rom. That stopped the freezing and everything seems okay, then i run DR2.0 and now it force closes the messaging whenver a pic message comes through. Then i tried to edit the apn by using APNbackupandRestore still force close.

SO my question is this.
1) is there a reason why the epic experience rom freezes the phone? Is it not compatible with certain boot/software?
2) anyone had sucess with the epic experience dk28?

thanks

max.
04-11-2011, 12:01 PM
Did you wipe the user data and dalvik cache from recovery 3x before you tried flashing the new rom?
also, it's a samsung

max.
04-11-2011, 12:10 PM
erm - sorry eric, didn't see that this post was 2 months ago. hope you're running EB13 by now. Runs like a champ for me and i just have it rooted for a few apps. im not using - save loosing the touchwiz launcher for zeam. Im getting a day and a half battery off of mine now and i run pandora probably 2 hours a day minimum and text/email/facebook/call on the thing throughout the day pretty regularly
anyways, if anyone else runs in to this, just re-odin, install your rom, and log back in to gmail. most of the time, bringing an old /data/ partition over a new rom has caused conflicts and FC's for me. i'd suggest using titanium or app2sd to back up the apps and backing up the sms messages seperately with an app from the market and restoring them all seperately over a fresh install on your new rom