PDA

View Full Version : Re: tri-band markets

ThatBoyRio
02-07-2011, 11:40 AM
I've been reading this everywhere, but this can't possibly be true because I live in Chicago and just flashed my HTC EVO to Cricket last week, and it's fully functional and isn't roaming. Can anybody explain this to me? I mean, I'm super excited and quite fortunate that I was able to do this, but I still don't understand how I was able to make this happen considering that I'm in an AWS market where dualband phones aren't supposed to work with Cricket's service.

whitey10tc
02-07-2011, 01:54 PM
it's fully functional and isn't roaming.It's most likely because you are using the Sprint partner coverage, so after 51% of the use is used off crickets network your service may be interrupted. Good luck and let us know how it goes.

ThatBoyRio
02-08-2011, 11:45 AM
It's most likely because you are using the Sprint partner coverage, so after 51% of the use is used off crickets network your service may be interrupted. Good luck and let us know how it goes. Yeah I figured that this had something to do with it. I must be using one of the two frequencies that Cricket doesn't use in Chicago and am picking up service from another carrier. Also, something else that I've found interesting is that my PRL is set to Sprint's current one which is 60674 and my phone doesn't say that I'm roaming, but when I set it to Cricket's PRL 42800 it does. Cricket's PRL 42700 has my service listed as normal as well, but anyhow, I'm picking up incredible service and everything's working perfectly! Doesn't appear like anything's gonna go wrong anytime soon, but I'll keep you all posted.

wthigon
02-10-2011, 06:09 PM
Could you help me out? I live in a tri-band area and can only get talk/text with cricket prl.

ThatBoyRio
03-28-2011, 09:29 PM
My fully flashed EVO is still working here in Chicago, which is a triband area, it's not roaming & I haven't had a single problem with my service whatsoever. I also just flashed a Droid Incredible to Cricket & it's fully functional as well & isn't roaming. Just thought I'd give you and everyone else an update Whitey.

ThatBoyRio
03-28-2011, 09:31 PM
Could you help me out? I live in a tri-band area and can only get talk/text with cricket prl.

Provide me with some more details.

whitey10tc
03-28-2011, 11:31 PM
My fully flashed EVO is still working here in Chicago, which is a triband area, it's not roaming & I haven't had a single problem with my service whatsoever. I also just flashed a Droid Incredible to Cricket & it's fully functional as well & isn't roaming. Just thought I'd give you and everyone else an update Whitey.

I'm surprised that you still have service, but not surprised it's still working. IMO, cricket wireless is a bunch of morons. Good luck and I hope it never stops working.

wthigon
05-10-2011, 12:24 PM

Are you getting 3G or just 1x? What phone does it show up as in your account? What PRL are you using and can you post it.... I live in a Tri-Band market and just flashed a Droid to cricket but i'm only getting 1x.....

What steps did you take to accomplish your flash?

ArkieKDealer
05-11-2011, 02:33 PM
wth...did you write the nv items?

wthigon
05-11-2011, 08:30 PM
wth...did you write the nv items?

Yes I did. What phone should it be set as on my account?

wthigon
05-12-2011, 06:23 PM
Ok, so after days of trial and error and changing the phone's name a lot of times (cursing at it), I have managed to get wap working to some degree. Apps like mp3downloader, google maps, weather app, etc...work just fine with it. The browser will work sometimes but not all the time like the apps. The market works just fine. I was able to stream music for an hour before I had to make a phone call.

Weird issues, the data connection will sometimes drop when not using it for a good while. It will return within a few seconds and continue working. The 3G icon will sometimes come on and then go back to 1x. I'm currently connected at 1x all the time and is just fine for streaming and other stuff.

Now, how can I get it to always be 3G and get MMS working. Im in a AWS market by the way.