PDA

View Full Version : Incoming calls only when data is disabled

drummerboy42
02-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Flashed an LG Ally to CricKet, but it will only recieve calls if I disable data. I have tried multiple PRL's, hard reset, and reprovisioned the account but still the same issue. Client tried to flash it themselves before I got a hold of it so I though maybe they changed a setting that is causing this. Web works (1x) when its enabled but incoming goes straight to voicemail. Any help would be appreciated...

rich hathaway
02-03-2011, 07:34 PM
do you mean that it will not recieve calls when you are using data services?alot of phones do not have the ability to use talk and text while using data services. or do you mean that even when your not using web or data bases services that the phone wont make or recieve calls? if the case is the later,maybe try to turn dial-up-networking off,and/or location services as well. that phone is a tough phone to flash to cricket and for the most part is only capable of 1x for data,so the web is pretty slow anyway,may just want to use it for t&t.

drummerboy42
02-04-2011, 11:56 AM
The latter, I have to totally disable data in the Mobile network settings to recieve a call. I forgot all about Dial-up Networking. I had that issue on a Moment back in the day. I thought Dial-Up Networking was a Samsung thing though. I'll check it out Rich. Thanks a Mill! I'll keep you posted...

Edit: I don't see a Dial-Up Networking setting. What else you got?

rich hathaway
02-04-2011, 05:18 PM
you got the stock rom or are you rockin a custom rom? i just was lookin at one with no such prob. so it makes me think maybe you got something different.any water damage?

whitey10tc
02-04-2011, 05:38 PM
Usually I first blame the carrier when it comes to service issues, but in this case it very well could be a hardware issue.

You could check software, try reflahing it back to Verizon and start over or try a generic file, I'm assuming it's the stock shipped ROM...
Could also check the PST setting, EVRC, Voice 13k setting, I've seen those cause similar problems. But usually no incoming calls at all or no out going.