PDA

View Full Version : trouble flashing samsung A640....cannot read in CDMA

jayala719
01-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Hello! I've got a few Samsung A640's that I am trying to flash to cricket. When I open up CDMA and try to read these phones, a grey screen pops up on the phone saying something like:

Test Mode <A>

Suspend

FM_RX_FLAT
[ch]0991 000 (then the zeros flash and turn into '~' symbol)

and then the phone power cycles.

Is this a firmware issue?

rich hathaway
01-31-2011, 04:42 PM
do they all do that? and does this repeat? and does it only do it when plugged? try to read it with the phone off

rich hathaway
01-31-2011, 04:45 PM
have you tried using samsung pst with the proper .dll

jayala719
01-31-2011, 05:36 PM
do they all do that? and does this repeat? and does it only do it when plugged? try to read it with the phone off

Yes, all 5 of the A-640s I have do this. And yes it does repeat.

These are the steps I take:
1. Click Connect says "Phone connected successfully."
2. Click Read phone does this: (See Pictures)

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])
[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

the CDMA says "Ready...Phone is set to DM Mode" but the phone is powercycling and when it comes back on I try to unlock and it says "Failed...Phone does not answer..." when CDMA just told me that the phone was connected.

Is there an easier way to flash these? SamsungPST? Haven't tried that yet....

rich hathaway
01-31-2011, 06:08 PM
thats what you need to use (samsung pst) if your phone does not ever boot up and work properly you will need the bin file and dll for it to get it working again. if it is booting up and ok,just flash it with pst and the dll. there are several guides here on the site for using pst. the dll is here also if you cant find it i wll put it up for you.

jayala719
01-31-2011, 07:45 PM
Do I use SamsungPSTLite or the Full version??

I tried SamsungPSTLite. Loaded the correct SCH-A640 .dll and when I go to Read General Information it says No Response.
I try to go to the Settings Tab, Select All, and Read from phone, but then I get this message: This phone is not identical with this module. Please select another module! (It prompts me for the MSL code before this process, but I don't know it because I was unable to read this phone under CDMA, which is what I use to find SPC/MSL codes for most phones.....is there any other way to find out this code?)

rich hathaway
01-31-2011, 08:32 PM
sorry use pst,not lite.you will need regular pst for the spc.

jayala719
02-01-2011, 03:43 PM
which port are you connecting to?? diag port or modem port?? USE DIAG PORT FOR SAMSUNGS OR THEY WILL REBOOT PERIOD.. using cdma you should have no problems reading the msl/spc even if you are running the cracked ver.
GOOD LUCK TO YOU.

It does not give me an option for Diag Port. Only Modem Port. Could this mean I don't have the correct drivers?

rich hathaway
02-01-2011, 03:57 PM
try these. samsung oem-USB DRIVERS

[ hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links][ /hide-thanks]

tronoftroy
03-16-2011, 03:04 PM
try these. samsung oem-USB DRIVERS

[hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links][ /hide-thanks]

FYI = these Are NOT SAMSUNG DRIVERS, they Are SANYO DRIVERS.