PDA

View Full Version : prl question...please help

p.dubb713
01-30-2011, 08:47 PM
I have the droid x fully flashed with apex. V1 rom....
The thing is my mobile web I can barely watch Youtube video.....I have the 3g icon and web but watching Youtube videos is super slow.....does anyone know what prl I should use for houston tx. Im currently using 42100 if that helps.

p.dubb713
01-30-2011, 08:49 PM
Sorry correction im using 42700 prl

rich hathaway
01-30-2011, 08:55 PM
well if i had to guess i would say you are prolly on the 45 dollar plan with the model listed as cpe or something like that ?? what you need to be on is the 60z plan and have your model listed as either m6000 or m860 that will get you off the cricket server (slow) and get you on the android server (fast) where yer phone wont have to wait for the feed. if you cant get that done there are several peeps here who can do it for you including me.

p.dubb713
01-30-2011, 09:00 PM
Well im on the 60$ plan but when I logged into my cricket account on the web it shows I just have a smartphone not a specific model.....should I still get that changed

p.dubb713
01-30-2011, 10:43 PM
Can you change it for me my phone is listed as a flashed phone..please help my data is slooooowww

rich hathaway
01-31-2011, 12:56 AM
the plan you need is 60z,some markets have a 60 dollar and a 60z plan,but it has to be 60z with the specific model m6000 or m860. and yes i can do it for you. pm me your phone number and the name and d.o.b. on your acct.

tsaharms
01-31-2011, 10:30 AM
Phone doesn't have to be listed as m860 or m6000 you can list it as cpe-android os and it will work just fine.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

rich hathaway
01-31-2011, 10:45 AM
cpe android stopped working to allow access to the android server in our market and several others a couple of months ago.does it still work in yours? i got irritated having to change plans 2 times so we stopped using it a while back. however the m860 and m6000 will work every time the first time. we do activations for every state and is a hassle for our custy's to have to call us back and wait for us to rework there accounts,and it makes us look bad,so we are using the m6000 workaround to avoid confusion and extra work.

tsaharms
01-31-2011, 11:17 AM
cpe android stopped working to allow access to the android server in our market and several others a couple of months ago.does it still work in yours? i got irritated having to change plans 2 times so we stopped using it a while back. however the m860 and m6000 will work every time the first time. we do activations for every state and is a hassle for our custy's to have to call us back and wait for us to rework there accounts,and it makes us look bad,so we are using the m6000 workaround to avoid confusion and extra work.

Yup, still works in my market as it should. But I agree, if it doesn't work in a particular market, use the ascend or zio as phone model. I'm just glad it works in my area, I get a lot of customers that "forget" to bring their phone when they have issues. Makes life a ton easier when I can just pull up the account and see they have a flashed phone, so I know where to begin with troubleshooting

p.dubb713
01-31-2011, 12:06 PM
Could I just call cricket myself and get this done over the phone

rich hathaway
01-31-2011, 01:11 PM
try that first, the problem is that they are told to not list any phone as m6000 or m860 if they re'nt cricket branded m600 or m860. we do what is called m6000 workaround to get your non cricket phone working on the right server. but by all means it is worth a shot. they will still charge you 15 bucks,they just add it to your next bill.if i do it you gotta pay it to me and it goes thru the store here,but you can call me and have me on the phone untill it is working. if you need me call kc phone and flash,the number is at the top of every page,if i dont answer just ask to have me paged. thanks and good luck.

p.dubb713
01-31-2011, 01:38 PM
ok will do sounds good to me….

p.dubb713
02-10-2011, 03:17 AM
try that first, the problem is that they are told to not list any phone as m6000 or m860 if they re'nt cricket branded m600 or m860. we do what is called m6000 workaround to get your non cricket phone working on the right server. but by all means it is worth a shot. they will still charge you 15 bucks,they just add it to your next bill.if i do it you gotta pay it to me and it goes thru the store here,but you can call me and have me on the phone untill it is working. if you need me call kc phone and flash,the number is at the top of every page,if i dont answer just ask to have me paged. thanks and good luck.

Would it be possible to change my plan for me and have it billed to me on my next bill....

tsaharms
02-10-2011, 05:29 AM
[Only registered and activated users can see links]