PDA

View Full Version : Question about the Samsung Galaxy Icon.....

sharpe351
01-26-2011, 12:30 AM
Is the phone flashable to other networks? I noticed that it has a sim card, but I would like to use it on my current carrier (Virgin Mobile/ Sprint network). I don't see why they would have an issue, seeing that they already use an Android phone. I am willing to experiment with it due to the fact that I got it for free. Many thanks in advance to any info. The sim card installed is from T-Mobile.

whitey10tc
01-26-2011, 12:58 AM
The quick and easy answer is no, it's a GSM device and Sprint is a CDMA network. It's like AM & FM two different radio frequencies.

rich hathaway
01-26-2011, 10:06 AM
it can only be unlocked to use with any sim card,but will only ever work on another network that takes sim cards (not iden) besides sprint really doesnt accept non-sprint esn's. i have heard of a few peeps saying that they new of this happening but it is extremely difficult,here in our market,kansas city, sprint will not do it,and i think most other markets follow suit.but thats a nice phone why dont you sell or trade with someone who has a clean esn phone for sprint?

sharpe351
01-26-2011, 10:33 AM
it can only be unlocked to use with any sim card,but will only ever work on another network that takes sim cards (not iden) besides sprint really doesnt accept non-sprint esn's. i have heard of a few peeps saying that they new of this happening but it is extremely difficult,here in our market,kansas city, sprint will not do it,and i think most other markets follow suit.but thats a nice phone why dont you sell or trade with someone who has a clean esn phone for sprint?

Thought about trading it, but don't really know what would be a decent deal. Have to poke around and see what's comparable. Any ideas?

rich hathaway
01-26-2011, 10:55 AM
beauty is in the eye of the beholder my friend, so i would suggest to simply get something that makes you happy and suits you. sprint has a huge lineup, just make sure you have a clean esn so they will activate it for you.

sharpe351
01-26-2011, 11:57 AM
I have to go through Virgin Mobile. Sprint is the network behind it all. I guess its a contractual agreement between the two.

captainkirks
01-26-2011, 12:00 PM
It's like AM & FM two different radio frequencies.

That is a perfect way to describe it, never heard it explain in those terms. Thanks

sharpe351
01-26-2011, 03:12 PM
I'd probably be willing to trade for a Samsung Intercept. I'm not exactly sure if it's a fair deal, but that's what I would want.

rich hathaway
01-26-2011, 06:10 PM
that would be a good trade for the person getting your phone,you might be gettin a little of the short end of the stick.but a good trade if it makes you happy.

xxSLRxx
01-26-2011, 07:10 PM
I'd probably be willing to trade for a Samsung Intercept. I'm not exactly sure if it's a fair deal, but that's what I would want.

You would definitely be getting the short end of the stick with this trade. Why don't you try to trade for a Epic 4g (Sprint's Galaxy S Phone)

sharpe351
02-03-2011, 04:46 PM
Is it really that good of a phone?! It seems kind of suprising that that would be comparable. It should work, seeing that I am technically on the same network. The phone I have is in pristine (spelling) condition. The only thing I don't have is the box it came in.

sharpe351
02-03-2011, 04:47 PM
Anybody know someone that wants to give one up for this one?