PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Fascinate I500 (and maybe other Androids) Too Many Pattern Attempts Solution

bawanyh
01-25-2011, 02:54 PM
Here is the solution for everyone that has been struggling with the Samsung I500 and possibly other Galaxy S Androids. As you know, a hard reset would not help remove the pattern lock like most of the other Androids. This is a security flaw that will help you get past the google sign-in screen without deleting any data.

This is not my work and I do not take credit for it. Found it at: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Here is a video showing how it is done: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Instructions:

1. Completely power off and power on your Galaxy-S phone.

2. Right after you pass the Galaxy-S and Verizon Wireless logo video, immediately tap on the home button fast and repeatedly. If the Emergency Call button pops up, click that every now and then (3-5 times) but keep tapping on the home button.

3. Keep tapping until you see your Android home buttons at the bottom. Voila, you’re in your phone! If the emergency keypad shows up or if it shows the Google account screen constantly, you have failed. The success rate can be around 15-50% so keep trying until it works. (You may want to grab a young phone-savvy guy or girl to do it if your fingers are too slow)

4. Find and run the Settings App and go to Accounts & Sync.

5. Under Manage Accounts, remove all accounts except your Google account.

6. Press your power button off and on and enter your correct Google account information.

7. It will ask for a new security pattern. Enter it twice and you are done!

This solution worked for me. If it does for you, please leave a comment with your carrier and phone model to let others know that it worked!

Good Luck!

I have tested it on Samsung Fascinate I500 and it worked. If you get it to work on other models like Captivate etc. please confirm here.

Dont forget to hit the Thanks button.

ownmart
01-25-2011, 03:33 PM
oh man I hope this works Ive had 4 do that and had to turn them away and always were the fascinates