PDA

View Full Version : lg vm510 usb issues

protow
01-18-2011, 07:06 PM
ok i just got this vm510 and found out i needed a sd card for the damn thing even to read on the puter. but its a mass storage device.

i have downloaded all the drivers and have just about all the programs for the lg phones.
but when i plug the usb in on this one it will never pop up as a usb device or modem just the mass storage device...... i know i cant be the only one that has this gay issue.
the phone is less than 24hrs old. i want to unlock it. but if i cant get it to get on a usb .......well you know the rest of the storie.. anyways any help on this..
thanks in advance..

captainkirks
01-19-2011, 10:13 AM
usb is disable you need to find the spc to open the port. There is a guide on here on how to get the spc. once you find the spc hit ##port# and it will ask you for the spc then the port will work.

tsaharms
01-19-2011, 10:36 AM
I've done a few of these. Connect the usb cable, then tell the phone to disconnect. Once you do that, you can connect to it and do your thing.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

protow
01-19-2011, 01:52 PM
Kewl ill try that.. Thanks guys.

protow
01-19-2011, 04:21 PM
ok well i guess in order to get this to work i need the spc code... and i havent found anyone yet to get it for me.. so im going to say this issue with the usb port is sovled for now.

tsaharms
01-19-2011, 06:26 PM
glad you got the usb thing sorted, make sure to use the thanks button =0)

For the spc, you can just use cdma workshop and use the lg method for spc

protow
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
opps forgot that... but did that now... yeah im still working on trying to find someone and or a way to get the spc .. but when i do. i will let youknow. thanks again

tsaharms
01-19-2011, 06:37 PM
I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post stuff for sale on other forums, so PM me and I can get you pointed in the right direction to get your SPC.

@Mods: Let me know if I can post stuff that is for sale on another forum. If so, I'll put a link for everyone to use. If not, I won't lol. PM me if you have questions about which site and what's for sale :)

rich hathaway
01-19-2011, 10:25 PM
opps forgot that... but did that now... yeah im still working on trying to find someone and or a way to get the spc .. but when i do. i will let youknow. thanks again

we can get spc codes for most carriers including virgin mobile but they are not free.

captainkirks
01-20-2011, 12:45 AM
this is a thread on here on how to get the spc on the vm510.

protow
01-20-2011, 12:56 AM
i know there is a how to... but that meth does not work... i have to unlock the ports to get the usb to work...

protow
01-20-2011, 12:57 AM
hi rich yeah i tryed to call today but line was busy everytime LOL....

rich hathaway
01-20-2011, 01:14 AM
sorry bro we have been pretty bizzy. dont give up on us,i know we need a couple more lines, try us again tomorrow.

protow
01-20-2011, 03:52 AM
ok after re reading and getting larger files i got it to work... thanks for everyones help

El Schisne
01-21-2011, 10:24 AM
For others who read this thread later:

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

It's not difficult to get the SPC. Also relevant: [Only registered and activated users can see links]