PDA

View Full Version : Need help flashing samsung mantra sph-m340,"puter does not detect in device manager"

dissturbbed
01-18-2011, 03:01 PM
Ive been looking for a driver for the samsung mantra sph-m340 forever..when i connect it to the pc it starts to charge and thats it..i cant find it anywhere in the device manager, does anybody have any experience in flashing these phones?

bigsupersquid
01-21-2011, 10:07 AM
I'll add a bump here.
My woman has one of these, and I've tried every single samsung phone and modem driver I can download with zero results.
I've seen ads for a $30 serial port cable which plugs into the mantra which is supposed to work but I'm not paying to try it.
Samsung support responded to my support request saying that they have no intention of ever releasing a driver for the sph-m340 and that there isn't one already out there.
Anybody help?

rich hathaway
01-21-2011, 10:49 AM
i think the only way to read that one is to buy a cable with a chipset and load the drivers for the chipset to aid in reading it.vm has several phones like that.

i have a company in china that used to make treo serial cables for us that can do it. the problem is they will want you to buy 300 at a time. but this cable can be constructed with the same method that the treo cable is,of course with the correct pin config. but not a terribley difficult task and when made right,and
will last a lifetime if taken care of. sometimes you can find sets of chipset cables on ebay for a couple of hundred bucks,well worth the money for a nice set of factory made cables like that.

bigsupersquid
01-25-2011, 10:59 AM
i think the only way to read that one is to buy a cable with a chipset and load the drivers for the chipset to aid in reading it.vm has several phones like that.

i have a company in china that used to make treo serial cables for us that can do it. the problem is they will want you to buy 300 at a time. but this cable can be constructed with the same method that the treo cable is,of course with the correct pin config. but not a terribley difficult task and when made right,and
will last a lifetime if taken care of. sometimes you can find sets of chipset cables on ebay for a couple of hundred bucks,well worth the money for a nice set of factory made cables like that.
bummer.
If I hacked at these for profit instead of fun I could justify that kind of outlay. Since I just work on 'em for personal benefit, I didn't even wanna cough up the $30 for the dedicated serial cable on the chance it might work.
Wondered about running the data tx/rx and ground lines from the usb plug straight to the serial port... from the data I can find the voltages might just be in tolerance. Then try qpst to talk to the serial... thought I might risk burning the handset port or my desktop serial port that way. hadn't been desperate enough yet to try that, but considering it still. Bah humbug.

tsaharms
03-07-2011, 11:28 AM
why is this in the android section?

boostberry09
03-19-2011, 06:58 PM
The cable will not work or driver finding software this stinks I want to get in this phone none of the samsung methods to put into dm mode work????????????????:confused: