PDA

View Full Version : Omg i need help

sdb
01-14-2011, 04:05 PM
geniuses of cdmagurus u call me a newb if u want. i just think im a tard. ive been looking for 3 hours what to do.
i have gotten lgdownload v.1.3.6.3 and everytime i try to select dll. it says that there is no correct model string. ive tried making a new folder in the model folder. nothing i want to start breaking stuff already. please direct me in the right. please tell me what to do in very basic terms that wont make my brain susplode. or where tp gp any help will be greatly appreciated

protow
01-14-2011, 04:31 PM
hey bro. i know i used to have the same issues with my lg phone. i know the gurus here are going to ask you. what phone you got. and do you have the right drivers.

thesmitty68521
01-14-2011, 04:52 PM
We would be more than glad to help you. But as Protow said, we are going to need some more information:

1) What kind of phone are you trying to flash or if not flash, what are you trying to do to it?
2) Do you have the drivers for LG installed?
3) Do you have the correct version of LG Download installed? Meaning that you may need the crack to drop in that folder as well to make the LG Download work properly.
4) Are you using a data cable? Or is the cable simply a charging cable?

As soon as you get back to us, we will be able to help you out. Welcome to Gurus.

sdb
01-14-2011, 07:09 PM
Lg vx9700 I'm trying to enable Internet and mms
I've already unlocked the service menu so I could edit the ESP by hand. The tutorial said I need to upload the 9100.dll to it but I could never connect it
I believe I have the right drivers I used bitpim
I am using a cable and I'm on vista
Thanks
Posted via Mobile Device

thesmitty68521
01-14-2011, 08:11 PM
There is your problem right there. You will need LGNPST Lab version and the 9700 DLL to fully flash this phone. I've never tried to do an LG Dare with the regular LG Download. Go to the LG section of this site and you will see both the LGNPST lab version and the VX9700 DLL.

Let me know if this works out for you. I've done a few of these on Cricket. But really the principle is the same.

sdb
01-14-2011, 09:37 PM
There is your problem right there. You will need LGNPST Lab version and the 9700 DLL to fully flash this phone. I've never tried to do an LG Dare with the regular LG Download. Go to the LG section of this site and you will see both the LGNPST lab version and the VX9700 DLL.

Let me know if this works out for you. I've done a few of these on Cricket. But really the principle is the same.

I was following a tutorial. I'm just worried it will get bricked
Posted via Mobile Device

thesmitty68521
01-15-2011, 01:13 AM
You are more likely to brick it using the wrong software and dll. I've done a few of these by writing the PRL to it with CDMA WS and then writing the data settings via LGNPST with the 9700 PRL. Gotta have some brass b*lls to flash phones man. If you are worried about bricking it, tell me your locality and someone on here will perhaps do that for you for a small fee.

tsaharms
01-15-2011, 02:37 AM
Like smitty said you are going to need lgnpst. The dlls for lgnpst will not work on lgdp or visa-versa. What carrier are you trying to flash to? I can help you with the proper settings if you need.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

ownmart
01-15-2011, 07:24 AM
DO NOT use download for the dare unless you know how to edit a file db. otherwise if you do wap theres a good chance of bricking your dare

Wrecked Johnson
01-15-2011, 01:14 PM
I can vouch that using LG Download with the 9700 Dare is completely safe and doable to get WAP and MMS, in fact thats all I use but you need to have an .msi installer install the dll for the Dare. I can also vouch that LGNPST works as well. As long as you have the proper DLL on either and the installation procedure was done correctly for your choice of LG Download or LGNPST it should be a walk in the park. Best of luck there are tons of resources online about this device and other lg models which the procedure and settings are very similar.

sdb
02-03-2011, 03:21 AM
sorry it took me so long to reply. my mother just died... but i can really use your help i have the .dll and lgnpst. what do i do now

rich hathaway
02-03-2011, 10:14 AM
follow this tutorial,originally posted by smitty for lg dare

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

I_69_98
12-11-2011, 10:10 PM
Need help lg Rumor Lx 260
I need help with full flash. I'm half way there, I have .prl files to where to phone is already getting Metro service but can't activate.

whitey10tc
12-11-2011, 10:34 PM
Need help lg Rumor Lx 260
I need help with full flash. I'm half way there, I have .prl files to where to phone is already getting Metro service but can't activate.You will need a dealer to enter the MEID into the Metro inventory.
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
and yes everyone charges to do it... and yes it's the best way...