PDA

View Full Version : Weird data problems

johnnyboy14981
01-14-2011, 02:43 PM
So I am using an evo on cricket and had everything working perfectly for awhile. I didn't change anything and all of a sudden my data went from averaging 1 to 1.5 mbps to like 100kbps or less. Like I said nothing changed as far as the phone. I've tried different Roms thinking that might be it but it still is slow. And I've had a number if calls with the same issue. I checked my account and refreshed everything and am nowhere near the lgig limit so they aren't throttling down my speeds. Just didn't know what else it could be or if they might just be having network issues. If anyone has had similar problems please share. Hopeful we can figure out what it is. Thanks gurus!

rich hathaway
01-14-2011, 05:18 PM
i know you said you are not at your limit,but i sure sounds like your at over a gig. try to call custy service and ask them where you are at with reguards to your data usage just to be sure brother. or ic an do it for you if you cant get them at 1-800-cricket

also cricket sometimes has system issues with data and basic calling features that will sometimes last for a day or 2 stopping or slowing data usage way down.

xxSLRxx
01-15-2011, 04:37 PM
I'd have to agree with the previous post. It definitely sounds like you have passed your 1 gig limit... I'd definitely call Cricket to confirm. If you are over... well at least you know what the problem is. If you aren't over, talk to the rep and see if you can figure out the cause. Maybe they are having system issues...

johnnyboy14981
01-17-2011, 09:46 AM
I had called them previous to posting, that's how I was sure I wasn't over. It could still be a possibility bc I really have no faith in their customer service. It is still going on though. I guess I'll keep trying things. Thanks for the posts guys......If one of you could check it out that would be great. Should I pm my # to you?? Ok nevermind about checking it for me. I just spoke with a friend of mine and it's only at like 768mb. So that closes that out. This is really weir. They did say that I went over by ALOT in October and my speeds were fine the whole month., Just recently this had happened. And I have had a few customers call me and report this as well. I have tried various roms and different things with no luck. Very strange. I also just noticed a thread regarding this very issue. But no solution. It has been going on since the 5th of Jan. Not an overage issue and not a network issue. I have confirmed both of those 100%

tsaharms
01-18-2011, 02:28 AM
I got it!!!
This is just like cricket's billing. Since you went over your limit in October, they pro-rated the balance, and carried it over until the system finally hotlined....errr slowed you down!!
Just messin'

I don't know if customer support can do it or not, you may have to call, or have someone call dealer support and re-provision your line, see if that fixes you up.

johnnyboy14981
01-18-2011, 02:54 PM
I got it!!!
This is just like cricket's billing. Since you went over your limit in October, they pro-rated the balance, and carried it over until the system finally hotlined....errr slowed you down!!
Just messin'

I don't know if customer support can do it or not, you may have to call, or have someone call dealer support and re-provision your line, see if that fixes you up.

New development so I flahsed three android phones today and they all exhibited the same issue. One was even going back and fourth between 1x and 3g. But all of them won't go past 100kbps. The way I set them up is I have them put on the $55 android plan with model phone as m6000. I use the 32100 prl and have done so for quite a while with no issues, but all of a sudden BOOM! This is killing me.

Ok problem solved. I guess I had to use a new prl. I have a bunch of them but no change and I got a new one today and it seemed to fix all the problems... Thanks for the support gurus

tsaharms
01-19-2011, 06:28 PM
yeah, I heard somewhere that cricket was putting out new PRL's. I still use 32100, I'll have to try some others and see what happens, thanks for the heads up

xxSLRxx
01-19-2011, 11:09 PM
Ok problem solved. I guess I had to use a new prl. I have a bunch of them but no change and I got a new one today and it seemed to fix all the problems... Thanks for the support gurus

Out of curiosity, what PRL did you use to correct the issue?

mike_85_ripper
03-27-2011, 02:30 AM
New development so I flahsed three android phones today and they all exhibited the same issue. One was even going back and fourth between 1x and 3g. But all of them won't go past 100kbps. The way I set them up is I have them put on the $55 android plan with model phone as m6000. I use the 32100 prl and have done so for quite a while with no issues, but all of a sudden BOOM! This is killing me.

I have the exact same problem what prl did you use?

David Inman
07-16-2011, 01:59 AM
post deleted for double posting/padding