PDA

View Full Version : CDMA GURUS has been sold!

whitey10tc
01-12-2011, 05:10 PM
This is Public Service Announcement!

Effective today January 12, 2011

cdmagurus.com has been sold, the forum, site, etc will be maintained and managed by Carpenter Enterprises "New owner".

This transfer of ownership will in no way affect the use of the forum, features or any of it's members, the forum will operate as it always has and will for a long time.

If you have questions or concerns please feel free to post them here or PM whitey10tc.

thesmitty68521
01-12-2011, 06:03 PM
The only concern I see is that the previous owner was so damn good looking the new owner won't be able to match up. Other than that, the forum is in good hands and will flourish.

eric303
01-12-2011, 06:12 PM
interesting, this is kinda OT, but whats the point of the new owner buying this forum? but still keep everything else the same and let it keep running? :confused:

thesmitty68521
01-12-2011, 06:15 PM
This site makes a little bit of money right now. It has the potential to make a lot more money with the number of memberships and traffic. The previous owner decided to sell due to the fact he wasn't going to have time for the upkeep. Therefore, sold the forum to a company who has time to keep the site maintained and continue to grow it.

eric303
01-12-2011, 06:17 PM
Ahhh Gotcha, did you sell it for enough money to buy a Ferrari or something fancy ^.^ lol jk

thesmitty68521
01-12-2011, 06:18 PM
Ahhh Gotcha, did you sell it for enough money to buy a Ferrari or something fancy ^.^ lol jk

I was able to buy a hooker, a condom, and a Dr. Pepper.

eric303
01-12-2011, 06:24 PM
well i hope you got yourself a damn good hooker, that or a damn good condom. A failure in either departments could be disastrous haha

whitey10tc
01-12-2011, 06:28 PM
LOL!
I can say the site is in good hands, and the previous owner is only an email, phone call, PM away. There are some companies that buy websites/forums tear them down and resell them or rebuild them. I can say that this will not happen here, while there maybe improvements in the future cdmagurus.com will be around forever.

Mr._Pseudonym
01-13-2011, 01:48 PM
:^/ Guys, right now I've worked six days of twelve-hour shifts, and I'm due back again tonight. So, I'm a bit too tired to sort though all of my feelings properly.

I do want everyone to know that I've had a blast helping out with this site in the year that it and I have been here. I recall Smitty tapping me on the shoulder to be his co-admin the same day that I registered, no doubt due to my reputation on Howard Forums. Sharing in the creation of this vision from the ground up has been fullfilling for me on many levels. I know so much more about web site administration than I did a year ago, just as my Howard Forums time taught me so much about cell phone hacking.

;^) My desktop PC now serves pages to my laptop through our router at home. I set that up to help me test PHP scripts as I wrote them, without damaging the online site if anything went wrong. I bought over half a dozen books on ebay to study from. However, they've been put on hold while I first write an image processor to help me create custom graphics to include in my custom board pages. The software is 4,948 lines of source code currently, and growing as I revise it and think of new things to add to it.

:^/°º(Ironically, that's my biggest problem; I plan so big that it sometimes runs away with me. The next thing I know, a year has passed and I haven't even noticed it.)

So, that's where I am now. I drop in on the site briefly in the morning or evening commutes, or at the breakfast table for an hour before turing in after a night at work, but I don't have the hours nor inclination to pour though the threads in dozens of forums and subforums, monitoring everything. My forte is more of the big picture stuff, which I expect our new owner will already have ideas about, and more experience with.

I'd like to stay on much the same as currently. I'm sort of like leaving a spare key with a trusted neighbor, in case you get accidentally locked out some day, as Smitty may recall.

:^, Anyway, I'm rambling now. I'm off to bed....

thesmitty68521
01-13-2011, 01:52 PM
Oh, the site is still in the family. It would have taken a lot of money for me to sell it to an outside party. I like the way Gurus has shaped up. Very friendly, very simple, and most of all, it has some information on here without the BS politics. I know that attitude will continue.

leadnerd
01-13-2011, 02:57 PM
Ehhh and if not we can always start another forum ;)

whitey10tc
01-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Ehhh and if not we can always start another forum ;)We'll never need to do that, GURUS will be here for a very long time. The current owner is dedicated to keeping gurus going, along the way maybe make improvements. But it will always be here.

r0mster
02-02-2011, 03:29 PM
Whos the new owner? Is he on the forum.

I had a few inquiries. Mainly about this color change. Getting a little too obvious.

whitey10tc
02-02-2011, 04:06 PM
Whos the new owner? Is he on the forum.

I had a few inquiries. Mainly about this color change. Getting a little too obvious.Yes the new owner is a member of gurus. You can feel free to PM me with any questions.

ProzacBoy
08-15-2011, 06:49 PM
Thanks for the update. A few of us were wondering what was going on. Please stay alive for the benefit of the community!