PDA

View Full Version : Verizon Cdma iPhone flashing/unlocking thread starts here!

mobilefreedom
01-12-2011, 04:10 AM
The one phone which NO cdma network had now exists. Thanks to the biggest cdma network in the USA as well as APPLE the Cdma/Verizon iPhone is coming to town next month. Who will be the first to flash it to another network? Will it be flashed to Cricket or someone else. Will Verizon allow it to be activateable on their mvnos (like Page Plus) or prepaid division or will it be restricted to just the postpaid side.

It lacks LTE (3G only) and no gsm roaming/dual mode but that's what the NEXT Verizon/cdma iphone will be. For now we actually HAVE one regardless of what it can't do, it EXISTS.

Shall we flash this thing to another network guys?
Does cdma workshop next edition end up with an Apple section?

We will see...

Wrecked Johnson
01-12-2011, 04:16 AM
Someone should post their address as soon as they get one, along with a physical description of themself.

eric303
01-12-2011, 01:43 PM
i honesty doubt CDMAWS would have an apple section, I would imagine apple would be filing lawsuits left and right. They are already against jailbreaking the device so I dont think CDMAWS would want to take on he extra liability. *22807 the biotch when somone gets it haha

markymark805
01-12-2011, 02:27 PM
i honesty doubt CDMAWS would have an apple section, I would imagine apple would be filing lawsuits left and right. They are already against jailbreaking the device so I dont think CDMAWS would want to take on he extra liability. *22807 the biotch when somone gets it haha

ya but CDMA WS is based over sea's in russia correct? I doubt they are worried about the lawsuit considering all the wonderful things they have already built cdma ws to do. And now, there are unlocking/jailbreak laws correct that say, all phones must be allowed to be cracked some how? or was that just a rumor I read some place. Just can't wait till all the repairs start rolling in, thats gonna be millions and millions of new iphones i can fix and all you other guys out there can fix.

xxSLRxx
01-12-2011, 06:32 PM
Being that the phone natively runs a flavor of linux, I'm wondering if the SPC will actually be contained in the OS like some android phones...

bawanyh
01-14-2011, 01:05 PM
I think it will be fun to work on Verizon Iphone to flash it to another network specially Cricket. and I think CDMA Workshop will have an update with Apple section in it.
You are right markymark CDMA Workshop is based out of country so they won't really care about the lawsuits. Verizon is against their mvnos because right now they don't allow their prepaid phones on pageplus, so I think verizon will not allow their iphone on pageplus.
I am just curious to see someone crack it on cricket.

rich hathaway
01-14-2011, 04:12 PM
cdma w. will surely address apple cdma as soon as it can be made compatable with there software.they have everyone else by name (htc,samsung,motorola,ect.) and that will get them alot more sales of there software.besides those phones will flood our cdma markets outselling all other cdma phones even if they only do half as good as there gsm counterpart. right now one out of every 2 phones out there is an i phone.it doesnt seam possible but it is true.

ELHULK
01-15-2011, 12:32 AM
..I can't wait for this

Apple this year plans to release a completely redesigned dual GSM-CDMA iPhone

The new iPhone 5 will also have GSM and CDMA radios from Qualcomm, allowing Apple to sell one phone that will be compatible with both AT&T and Verizon. The handset will reportedly not include a 4G LTE radio

wchriseg
01-15-2011, 01:34 PM
already been done and working on mms... web is working.... that is all i can say at this point....

wchriseg
01-15-2011, 01:35 PM
by the way the phone is not locked....

rich hathaway
01-15-2011, 03:11 PM
interesting... I feel so left out!...lol. come on do tell.

mobilefreedom
01-16-2011, 03:02 AM
There will definitely be fake claims about this hack/crack/flash as it is a HUGE coup to be the first to do it. Whether for talk/text. Talk/text/web. Talk/text/mms/web. Whatever. Whoever flashes it fully, successfully without negative side effects first is going to be a Cdmafiosi Don for a long time to come...

Till the next cdma iphone comes out at least...(whether dual gsm/cdma, or gsm/cdma/lte or whatever...)

rich hathaway
01-16-2011, 11:36 AM
agreed, but i dont ever discount anyone until proven one way or the other. i think he works some with cain so he is credible,if that is who i think it is. i am just wondering how they got one so quickly before release??? that would definatelly be a great advantage over me and everyone else who is gonna try and write a flash for it.

Mr._Pseudonym
01-16-2011, 12:26 PM
;^) I suppose being a dealer has its advantages; they sometimes get hardware ahead of release so that they can become familiar with it before people start bringing them in for repairs, etc....

rich hathaway
01-16-2011, 12:37 PM
ya Pseudo, i suppose yer right. cricket doesnt really do that but verizon very well may.i imagine that they would'nt be all to happy to find out that one of them was cracked and put to cricket even before launch,ehh... but hey, it is what this community does,we crack things.(even before launch) when we can,and i dont blame them a bit, i would have done the same thing,i am sure.

wchriseg
01-16-2011, 12:53 PM
well talk to several members in chat they will tell you they have see it working and running.. no need for Jailbreak on it.. you can call fauls claims all you want but i dont care my name is my rep and i know there are several members that can vouch for it that has seen it just wait for them to chime in.. if they get on this forum lol

wchriseg
01-16-2011, 12:58 PM
as for getting the phone before release.. i have a vzw corp dealer i am really goods friends with... the day i was leaving Las Vegas he called me.. mind you this was monday the day before they announced the iphone on vzw.. he called me and they had just got them in.. so i got back monday met up with him and got one.. he was only letting me have it for his shitf so they didnt miss it... i was able to get it over to cricket in a matter of hours.. web is running on the android plan.. did try to do the mms but ran out of time.. there is a few users that have see it on cricket and working with 611 *228 and *99 going to voicemail.. visual vm will not work.. anymore questions ???

army_one17
01-18-2011, 10:59 PM
woow really i want to look one working in cricket, its an amazing phone but just wondering how we can connect to qpst or cdma_workshop to load the prl, we have to use itunes too to sincronize it with some software or using some drivers, i think to get web working we need to change the setting like using it in gsm carrier, editing like we do for simple mobile ot t-mobile.

leadnerd
01-25-2011, 05:54 PM
Ehhh. Not impressed by the iPhone. Yeah the store a few doors down ;) let me play with theirs and I still prefer my droids. which remind me..... now where did I set that Ally

rich hathaway
01-25-2011, 08:13 PM
Ehhh. Not impressed by the iPhone. Yeah the store a few doors down ;) let me play with theirs and I still prefer my droids. which remind me..... now where did I set that Ally

what will be impressive is the amount of money peeps will shell out for these,i looked on ebay a week ago and they are selling line tickets from 1200 to 2000 bucks...wow.
so like i said what is impressive is the amout of money peeps will shell out for them and for cricket...... all i can say is on the 3rd i will be preordering as many as they will let me,i hear they will be 600 bucks for non contract/customer sales. i think i can get them for 400 bucks,put a quick flash on it and boom-badda-bing easy 1500 bucks. not bad, and quite impressive i might add. even though they are not half the phone the iphone i tote is.i am tryin to pay bills...lol..

markymark805
02-15-2011, 10:26 PM
Apparently greenpois0n beta RC6 will jailbreak the new iphone for verizon. Here is a tut I found.... Sorry if im double posting something that is out else where.

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

now if only i could get my hands on a verizon iphone. Being poor sucks. haha

agentmotor
03-09-2011, 06:09 PM
link:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Iphone4 has officially been full flashed to Cricket except MMS, Metro Talk and text !

Greetings Everybody ! This is torrespi1
Found out the following at various fourms !

Iphone 4 has officially been flashed to Cricket.
Its been awhile since I have been in the Metro forums due to me now being in a Cricket Market, however I just wanted to let you guys know that today we flashed an Iphone 4 to Cricket with Talk, Text, And Web. No MMS at this point.

There is no way to get this phone to read in a Com port, We had to jailbreak and load a PRL backdoor.

As this method will work on Metro PCS, Unfortunatley it will work for only talk and text at the moment because we had to put the phone on a no proxy plan to get web to work, and Metro doesnt offer that plan.

I'll keep you guys updated and let you know if we find a fix for MMS, and a way to tunnel the web through a proxy.

Wish me luck guys...
METRO MAFIA!Code Name: Reemo

Quote: C:/DOS - C:/DOS RUN - RUN DOS RUN

also this was on there !

Bloodykiller86
Feedback Score:0BTW metroPCS has opened up their 1x so no more proxy that means we can get data working on the iPhone 4 aslong as we can provision it right the only this is that since theres no way to connect it to qpst we cant add that msl password in the PPP config tab and without that data wont work. but yea we will have Data =D

EXACTLY. That's why I said Metro's LTE Androids were better (2mbps - 3mbps speed, that's 2,000k - 3,000k). One Android now, but more to come. And more speed to come. Until iPhone gets flashable LTE chips it will suck on the Metro network.

Getting an iPhone is just getting another CDMA-only phone (100-200k speed).

Go look at this thread and know that any flashed iPhone 4s will be LESS than 1/10 this speed.

Did not know that Metro opened up ther 1X with no proxy nice.

Yeah the 1X speeds suck, thats why I am with Cricket with 3G. However when the Iphone 5 comes out it should have 4G LTE and hopefully we should be able to get that to work on Metro.

We have a fix for provisioning the web. You cant read it with CDMA workshop but if you jailbreak it you can gain access to provisioning the EvDo Settings. Thats how we got web to work on Cricket. I also just got access to the APN settings of the phone so hopefully I should have a fix for MMS.
Its been awhile since I have been in the Metro forums due to me now being in a Cricket Market, however I just wanted to let you guys know that today we flashed an Iphone 4 to Cricket with Talk, Text, And Web. No MMS at this point.

There is no way to get this phone to read in a Com port, We had to jailbreak and load a PRL backdoor.

As this method will work on Metro PCS, Unfortunatley it will work for only talk and text at the moment because we had to put the phone on a no proxy plan to get web to work, and Metro doesnt offer that plan.

I'll keep you guys updated and let you know if we find a fix for MMS, and a way to tunnel the web through a proxy.

Wish me luck guys...
METRO MAFIA!
I as much as I am not a fan of the iPhone, the Indulge is no where near better. The only bad part is, is if you flashed the phone, only 1x speeds would be available. It would be like the first generation iPhone.

Bloodykiller86
Feedback Score:0BTW metroPCS has opened up their 1x so no more proxy that means we can get data working on the iPhone 4 aslong as we can provision it right the only this is that since theres no way to connect it to qpst we cant add that msl password in the PPP config tab and without that data wont work. but yea we will have Data =D

Carrier:MetroPCS
Eh. as much as I am not a fan of the iPhone, the Indulge is no where near better. The only bad part is, is if you flashed the phone, only 1x speeds would be available. It would be like the first generation iPhone.

EXACTLY. That's why I said Metro's LTE Androids were better (2mbps - 3mbps speed, that's 2,000k - 3,000k). One Android now, but more to come. And more speed to come. Until iPhone gets flashable LTE chips it will suck on the Metro network.

Getting an iPhone is just getting another CDMA-only phone (100-200k speed).

Go look at this thread and know that any flashed iPhone 4s will be LESS than 1/10 this speed.

Yeah the 1X speeds suck, thats why I am with Cricket with 3G. However when the Iphone 5 comes out it should have 4G LTE and hopefully we should be able to get that to work on Metro.

We have a fix for provisioning the web. You cant read it with CDMA workshop but if you jailbreak it you can gain access to provisioning the EvDo Settings. Thats how we got web to work on Cricket. I also just got access to the APN settings of the phone so hopefully I should have a fix for MMS.

However when the Iphone 5 comes out it should have 4G LTE and hopefully we should be able to get that to work on Metro. A rumor is a rumor, but word going around is that the iPhone 5 won't be LTE. After all, Apple released an EDGE phone while 3G had been around for some time. So it wouldn't surprise me if they didn't jump on the LTE bandwagon.

Keep us updated either way....
Thanks

Reemo4580
Did not know that Metro opened up ther 1X with no proxy nice.

(Pwned By The Mafia)
Eh. as much as I am not a fan of the iPhone, the Indulge is no where near better. The only bad part is, is if you flashed the phone, only 1x speeds would be available. It would be like the first generation iPhone.
your crazy lol, indulge completely blows the verizon iphone, aka iphone 3g in a iphone 4 shell, out of the water.

Yeah but you cant edit the APN's from that menu. How were you able to edit the APN,s?
Reemo4580

Most droids completley blow the iphone 4 out of the water... Droid X, Evo, Evo Shift, Thunderbolt, ect... However that's not going to stop the iphone 4 from being the highest selling phone ever. Apple knows how to market, and the demand for the iphone is strong. Getting it fully flashed is a must for anyone in the cell phone business.

And as sad as it is, the most important feature to the people who we sell these phones to is "pitchure messagin". When we had the droid X first flashed and some picture messages where not going through people were going crazy. I dont know why, but people just wont deal with sending pictures through e-mail...

Well I am in a Cricket Market and get 3G speeds so that doesnt matter to me much. The only reason I would buy a Iphone 4 is to resell it at my store. And I am not about to blow $700 on a phone I will only make a $200 profit on. I wouldnt keep it for myself either because My Droid X is a better phone.

This is opinion. I had the Iphone 4 and my Droid X is superior to it in almost every way. I have never owned a phone that I could plug into my HDMI TV Run a Nintendo or Super Nintendo Emulator on it and play video games on my TV using a Wii Controller.

Like I said, opinion.

As for the indulge outperforming a iphone... Impossible. Maybe on Metro the 4G speeds are faster, but I have wifi at my house and at my store, (The only two places I am ever at anways, lol) and my wifi blows away 4G.

4G Speed isnt everything. Processor, Storage Capacity, Apps available for the device, performance and web speeds all contribute to the overall phone. And to be perfectly honest I would take the Iphone 4 on Metro with 1X speeds over the indulge on Metro any day of the week. like I said it's a wi-fi enabled device. I barley ever use the 3G network on my droid x, I am always connected through wi-fi.

However, Back on topic now. I cannot edit the APN settings. If anyone is able to get MMS working on this thing let me know. Lets try to get this thing fully flashed.

Also my customer brought the iphone 4 back today because web stopped working. It looks as though the phone reverted from Mobile-IP/Simple IP to Mobile IP. I changed that back and web was working again. could have been a fluke, I hope I dont see him again. Let me know if anyone else has had similar issues.

great job in flashing one hope we see that vid proof soon or written tut. one would have to weight the options in regarding which phone is better imo the indulge being it the only 4g phone on metro doesnt really surpass in terms of hardware and design compared to the iphone 4. iphone 4 has dual camera front and back 5mp (indulge 3.2mp)so u can video conference thru skype on wifi only (cuz in 3g it doesnt work as good as advertised). and the sleek design of the ip4, come on if u had the option both at the same price at 400 which one would u really choose if presented the option. some of u would go for the ip4 even tho it will have a 1x speed compared to the 4g speed of the indulge thats all. now in terms of upgradability u can replace the battery when needed to and upgrade that crummy 2gb sdcard that it comes with and put in a 4,8,16,or even 32gb card on the phone if u want .

a question just popped into my head, now if we did managed to fully flash the iphone to either metro or criket would an iOS update just revert all the settings back to verizon having to take it to our flasher or dealer to have it flash it to proper settings which may or may not work depending on the update.

rich hathaway
03-09-2011, 06:30 PM
dont believe everything you read... just my 2 cents. until you see proof it is just talk ya know

hookupwireless
03-12-2011, 05:54 AM
Cricket Mafia how did you change the PRL, SID, MIN, AND MDN

motley28
04-08-2011, 10:07 PM
Nice link. When I try and go to it the page says

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

whats that all about?

If changing the APN settings is the only thing they are having problem with than why don't they just use the iphone configuration utility. You can add provisioning profiles with APN settings you need and then the program encrypts and signs the profile then installs it to the iphone. If that's all that is needed for MMS than wouldn't Iphone configuration utility work? I have a verizon iphone 4 working on cricket with talk and partial text. I can text to any carrier but only receive from cricket users

whitey10tc
04-09-2011, 12:29 AM
Nice link. When I try and go to it the page says

Invalid Forum specified. If you followed a valid link, please notify the administrator ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

whats that all about?

If changing the APN settings is the only thing they are having problem with than why don't they just use the iphone configuration utility. You can add provisioning profiles with APN settings you need and then the program encrypts and signs the profile then installs it to the iphone. If that's all that is needed for MMS than wouldn't Iphone configuration utility work? I have a verizon iphone 4 working on cricket with talk and partial text. I can text to any carrier but only receive from cricket usersI would recommend contacting an Admin of the forum that is giving you that message. I've verified all gurus links in this thread are functional. So it's not on our end.