PDA

View Full Version : Trying to Flash my Moto Droid 2 to Cricket

fmindset
01-11-2011, 04:20 PM
I've flashed my lg phone before using qpst, but I need to know what driver to install so that I can find the droid's serial port.

It's not showing up as a port, but only as a usb device, any help here??

thanks

Wrecked Johnson
01-11-2011, 04:45 PM
You can follow my tutorial I have posted or you can buy software to flash your phone from [Only registered and activated users can see links] I can confirm that the Droid 2 will fully flash with DroidFlash.. The solution is damn near the same as the Droid 1 but one minor change, make sure you have CDMA Workshop, HWVSP, and a tutorial for the Droid 1 full flash also you will need to have the USB mode set to PC Mode. Good Luck!

xxSLRxx
01-12-2011, 06:35 PM
It's basically the same way as the original droid. All you have to do is put it in PC Mode and create a virtual port.

Wrecked Johnson
01-12-2011, 09:40 PM
A bit redundant xxSLRxx.

fmindset
01-15-2011, 02:43 PM
It's basically the same way as the original droid. All you have to do is put it in PC Mode and create a virtual port.

It's in pc mode, so how do u make a virtual port?

I'm using qpst

xxSLRxx
01-15-2011, 04:42 PM
You need to use a program such as HW Virtual port. There are plenty of tutorials online that walk you through the process.

xxSLRxx
01-15-2011, 04:46 PM
A bit redundant xxSLRxx.

Wow, you are right. My comment was pretty redundant. I can't believe I overlooked your post that bad...