PDA

View Full Version : new to this,need help,willing to learn.

elflakiviti30
01-10-2011, 05:08 PM
Ok, i have a motorola droid, build number liquid frozen yogurt v1.95,android 2.2.1, was flashed to cricket when it was running android 2.1.i manually updated it myself.everything worked except my 3g so i took it to get the apns corrected and got charged 30$.well, it stopped working again,and since then, I've been trying to find solutions to fix my problem.can someone please help.dont really have money to dish out like that.willing to learn with guidance,plus i'm new to this but very interested in the technology.

thesmitty68521
01-10-2011, 05:52 PM
Welcome to Gurus. Usually you can just set up a HW Port and then go into QPST and do it that way. I just use the CDMA WS as it is much easier.

If you are as interested in this technology as you say you are, then invest in the CDMA WS. It is $107.00. If you get good at flashing you will get that back quickly.

Or you can take it back to the people who flashed it the first time and have them fix the problem.

elflakiviti30
01-10-2011, 06:01 PM
yeah, i figured the only way was through cdma workshop but was trying to look for more options. CDMA workshop,here i come(once i save $107 that is.LOL)

xxSLRxx
01-10-2011, 06:39 PM
Are you at least able to make calls? If that's the case, then you only need to correct the EVDO data settings (assuming you are on the android plan). You could use QPST instead of CDMA Workshop to save a few bucks; however, I would recommend picking up a copy of CDMA Workshop should you decide to learn how to flash.

elflakiviti30
01-10-2011, 06:53 PM
I'm on a cricket plan w data,call,text unlimited, but not the android plan.would it be easier to switch to android plan?i can make and receive calls and texts and wi-fi,but 3g stopped working for the second time.i figured it would benefit myself more if i just learned how to do it instead of taking it to someone all the time,plus, i love learning new things about my phone.i will pick up a copy of cdma worksop as soon as i get the funds.

whitey10tc
01-10-2011, 07:09 PM
I'm on a cricket plan w data,call,text unlimited, but not the android plan.would it be easier to switch to android plan?i can make and receive calls and texts and wi-fi,but 3g stopped working for the second time.i figured it would benefit myself more if i just learned how to do it instead of taking it to someone all the time,plus, i love learning new things about my phone.i will pick up a copy of cdma worksop as soon as i get the funds.

You can use cdma ws 2.7 and qpst to get the 3g back. Then push the u2nl and autostart files and you'll be up and running on the $45 plan.