PDA

View Full Version : Verizon iPhone

wthigon
01-09-2011, 10:14 PM
Verizon starts selling these around the end of this month.

How long until it is on cricket? :p

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

rich hathaway
01-09-2011, 11:10 PM
you know there is gonna be alot of of us playin with 'em. the interesting thing is that there are so many forums and sights and even the creation of the dev-team all for this phone that is gsm.i gotta wonder if they will follow suit with the new cdma model or if they will just stay on the gsm side??

Mr._Pseudonym
01-10-2011, 11:36 AM
;^) I look forward to following the developments once a CDMA iPhone hits the streets. However, I dislike many of Apple's restrictions in their hardware designs, such as being unable to replace batteries and so on. I'm wondering what hardware changes the new CDMA iPhone will feature, above and beyond the cellular technology.

rich hathaway
01-10-2011, 11:58 AM
one can only speculate,but verizon does often make there phones kinda "verizonized" if you will. take for instance the pre plus and pixi plus,a copy of the sprint? released later but different, more storage and camcorder and other stuff.there was talk about iphone 4 having a consumer removable back,but as we know now it is not end user service-able. maybe iphone 5 will be.after the debockle with the antennas on iphone 4,and the firing of the guy and most of the dept. responsible,they gotta be sick of the millions of returns but the glass back on them i think,would have to change to metal or some kind of composit,it cant really have a removable glass back. at any rate they will definately in my opinion bring back the dramatically slowed flashing industry,after all one out of every 2 phones in a consumers hand is an iphone,thats incredible when you think about it. its what i got. i for one cant wait to get my hands on one and see what can be done with it. we have unlocked and jb,and repaired hundreds of iphones,i love 'em there kinda my babie,but the cdma version [i bet ] is gonna level the playing field as far as the dev team and muscleneard go they will have to re-learn iphone just like the hackers on the cdma side will be learning it for the first time. its gonna be cool though.

hellomoto1
01-10-2011, 09:22 PM
Yea, the rumor is that it will be called the Apple Phone.

leadnerd
01-10-2011, 09:31 PM
Isn't this supposed to be an LTE phone?

eric303
01-10-2011, 09:32 PM
No but they are planning on releasing a LTE version i believe, atleast thats what the rumor says. Maybe *22807 will get it onto cricket muwhahaha *crosses fingers*

Pac3comm1
01-11-2011, 12:55 PM
anyone found a pic of what its supposed to look like yet???

whitey10tc
01-11-2011, 01:18 PM

eric303
01-11-2011, 03:31 PM
here is the comparison to AT&T's iphone if anyone is interested. No LTE and no Data while making calls.

the no data while making call feature is kind of lame, sometimes i would be making a call and playing a game that uses the internet (words with friends) or surfing something. So does that mean it will not work than? and no LTE = Epic Fail, but that was expected anyways, I think a LTE version is to follow late summer, atleast that was the rumor.

thesmitty68521
01-11-2011, 03:43 PM
I think Verizon is going to solve a lot of the problems as far as coverage. AT&T had a lot of complaints because of coverage. I wonder if this is going to be a world phone like the storms and Androids where you can have a SIM card AND it is CDMA.

Whoever comes up with the Iphone solution will be a pretty rich man. lol

eric303
01-11-2011, 03:49 PM
i honestly dont think it will be a world phone, pretty sure CDMA only. Apple does not like people unlocking their phones so i think they would take out that option or even put a diffrent housing on there where there is no sim card slot to open. kind of like the Iphone4s in the apple store, even though its GSM there is no slot to open the SIM tray.

mobilefreedom
01-12-2011, 04:24 AM
Isn't this supposed to be an LTE phone?

Nope. No LTE and also no Dual gsm/cdma mode, even for roaming. It's just plain basic vanilla cdma. But what matters is not what it CAN'T do, but what it can. It can run on cdma. We can work with that. The original iphone/gsm versions were impossible. Now it's not.

I'm putting my money on seeing a Cricket iphone one day after the Verizon one comes out.

Or even before if someone has a buddy who works at Big Red's ...lol

If the Iphone next version has gsm/LTE/cdma, why bother with anything else? It can be used on anything but iden which had a stay of execution till 2013 (the i1 was its last hurrah probably. Iden Android with only wifi and pathetic gprs 2G level web speeds...)

Droids, Berries and Winmo is where you have to go if you want dual gsm/cdma stuff...at least for now. And no LTE really either included.

Are there any devices with ALL THREE?

rich hathaway
01-12-2011, 12:12 PM
i wouldnt count on any solutions in one day. maybe talk and text,( if the spc is 0's) from verizon,i have a sneeking suspicion that apple will/has put some pressure on to have a unique spc for each handset,like there prepaids,that we will have to find a way to read. the solution for this linux device i dont think will be as easily found as the no proxy for the droids,but will come after some hard work.dont forget this a phone and os that cdma tech's have not had the pleasure of throwing there skills at yet, and i believe that new softwares and means of flashing will take a little time to compose. but it is exciting and when released its gonna be "off to the races"

eric303
01-12-2011, 01:36 PM
Just think about how much trouble they are having on the GSM side, like as far cant update, having to wait for unlocks, and its always the same person that provides it. It'll be interesting to see what will happen if/when its on cricket.

markymark805
01-12-2011, 02:35 PM
I will have to find the article I read, but it said that apple was telling verizon it did not want it loaded up with its verizon firmcrap ware and supposedly verizon was going to go with not adding the bloat ware becuase they know they want to sell more units

rich hathaway
01-12-2011, 04:54 PM
apple has had so many "traps" with there os releases,trying evrything they can to relock everything back to at&t and throwing a wrench into anything they can that has to do with jb and unlocking.so it will be interesting to see how they will act/re-act to the hacking communitys work on this one. i have to wonder if they will play with the basebands in there realesing of a new os that relocks everytime we get one unlocked.all i gotta say is whatever you do-- DON'T UPDATE---EVER...if you get it unlocked just leave it alone.

markymark805
01-12-2011, 05:25 PM
Noob question, but would cdma phones need to use basebands? the only time ive ever seen baseband is with gsm iphones.... so really not to sure about those.

ljay67
01-12-2011, 06:21 PM
I saw one today, it's kinda slow compared to t-mobile and at&t (no I'm not saying t-mobile has an iPhone I'm talking about the ones that are unlocked) so I don't think flashing it would do any good untill your service provider has gone 4G

thesmitty68521
01-12-2011, 06:23 PM
I saw one today, it's kinda slow compared to t-mobile and at&t (no I'm not saying t-mobile has an iPhone I'm talking about the ones that are unlocked) so I don't think flashing it would do any good untill your service provider has gone 4G

The iPhone for Verizon isn't going to be 4G capable in the first place. Everything I read about the iPhone shows it will be 3G on the Verizon network.

eric303
01-12-2011, 06:27 PM
What smitty said, 3g should be plenty capable. its not even on 4g on AT&T, and on Tmobiles its running off edge, which is slower than 3g. But i did happen to pick up 815kbps on my iphone from edge, which was faster than a Samsung Vibrant on the ADR plan, that was picking up mid 600s kbps. FWIW it will be more than capable to do everyday task.

xxSLRxx
01-12-2011, 06:29 PM
I'm more concerned with the phone potentially being on LTE. Wouldn't that essentially make it incompatible with most other CDMA networks?

eric303
01-12-2011, 06:46 PM
well there are plans for the Verizon iphone to be on LTE, i believe late summer from what i read. But that should not have any affect on it being compatible or incompatible with other CDMA networks.

a good example of this would be the iphone is 3g on AT&T but on T-mobile its only edge although T-mobile has 3g and HSPA+ (4G).

rich hathaway
01-12-2011, 09:41 PM
iphone on tmobile wont get edge unless 3g is switched to the off position in settings. i agree with eric it will just simply not get LTE it will in that case most likely revert to 3g or whatever is available,since this all runs throught a .prl if the .prl in the phone is cricket it will not of course not be capable of LTE speeds or picking up an LTE signal,it will simply be capable of crickets 3g(which is actualy about 2g or less) but it will only get whatever the .prl that is in the phone is made for of pointing it to,you know some .prl's are evdo some are 2g some 3g some are roaming some are not,it will only do what the .prl written to the phone was made for,and since cricket does'nt have a LTE network..........

ljay67
01-13-2011, 05:37 PM
I never said the iphone was 4g lol I just was using a scenario like if metro is 4G and I flash the iPhone to metro it'd more than likely be 4g... and while we're on the subject what do the nam settings for this phone look like? I just realized that if it's anything like the GSM version then all you'd have to do is unlock it and load a prl like when u unlock a gsm iphone and all u have to do is put a sim card in, sounds ignorant but I'm just curious :)

bawanyh
01-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I am just curious to see it on cricket..Specially with the full flash. I thing regular flash should be easy?

markymark805
01-21-2011, 12:29 PM
new iphone ad

[Only registered and activated users can see links] ([Only registered and activated users can see links])

mobilefreedom
01-30-2011, 05:25 AM
Well, it may take a team to tackle it (like the gsm side). Who knows. My whole problem with the updates is, will it undo the flash? Or undo the jailbreak.

It'll be interesting to see this crossover. The cdma flashing community and iphone unlocking community may end up having to trade notes as it seems there are many who do one or the other but not both.

Whoever does both holds has a definite advantage. Talk about convergence.

As for LTE, that's going to be one or two more iphones away. My guess is next one is dual gsm/cdma (Reported Q-comm hybrid chip). Verizon won't have its LTE out for quite a while completely.

And flashing to to Cricket will still mean incompatible channels in many markets. So many of the newer markets are useless for flashing unless its in the AWS frequency, which the VERIZON IPHONE DOES NOT HAVE.

I see it being okay for my market. We have a tiny regional byod cdma independent who allows outside cdma devices flashed to their network and it's all on good ol' 1900 mhz cdma. No AWS, no weird third party incompatible channel.

A lot of the Android 4G wimax stuff from Sprint will be useless in that mode on other networks so wtf...

Don't even get me started on Metro. Like Houdinisoft is going to add the iphone. Yeah, I really want an iphone with just talk/text...

Oh yeah, it has wifi...woop de...

And flashing 4G phones is going to be a whole new game. Sprint has wimax 2500, Cricket and Verizon have LTE 700. Metro has 1700/1900. It's a mess.

Give me good ol' fashioned cdma 850/1900...lol

rich hathaway
01-30-2011, 10:59 AM
Well, it may take a team to tackle it (like the gsm side). Who knows. My whole problem with the updates is, will it undo the flash? Or undo the jailbreak.

It'll be interesting to see this crossover. The cdma flashing community and iphone unlocking community may end up having to trade notes as it seems there are many who do one or the other but not both.

Whoever does both holds has a definite advantage. Talk about convergence.

As for LTE, that's going to be one or two more iphones away. My guess is next one is dual gsm/cdma (Reported Q-comm hybrid chip). Verizon won't have its LTE out for quite a while completely.

And flashing to to Cricket will still mean incompatible channels in many markets. So many of the newer markets are useless for flashing unless its in the AWS frequency, which the VERIZON IPHONE DOES NOT HAVE.

I see it being okay for my market. We have a tiny regional byod cdma independent who allows outside cdma devices flashed to their network and it's all on good ol' 1900 mhz cdma. No AWS, no weird third party incompatible channel.

A lot of the Android 4G wimax stuff from Sprint will be useless in that mode on other networks so wtf...

Don't even get me started on Metro. Like Houdinisoft is going to add the iphone. Yeah, I really want an iphone with just talk/text...

Oh yeah, it has wifi...woop de...

And flashing 4G phones is going to be a whole new game. Sprint has wimax 2500, Cricket and Verizon have LTE 700. Metro has 1700/1900. It's a mess.

Give me good ol' fashioned cdma 850/1900...lol

for the updates you can count on them knocking it back to verizon,(at least for web and mms) t&t of course will remain intact as updates dont change .prl's-sid-nid ect.

as for someone who has done both,we have,and do both gsm and cdma.i personally have jb and unlocked over a hundered iphones maybe 2,never kept track. but having said that,that os on those phones is super user, hacker freindly, the hard part for someone not familiar with it will be getting familiar with the 20 or 30 different softwares that we use to hack the iphone. at first it will be cut and dry i am sure,but as we go along having updates and such that is where the challenge will be,at least if apple works half as hard for verizon as they have, and do for at&t making a "trap" or relock with every update,and after evry new exploit is found and released,they quickly release a new update (trap) to relock,making it harder to find new exploits.iphone requires a "baseband crash" to be unlockable (for the gsm) and there are only so many way's to make iphone crash.really it is amazing there have been so many crashes thus far,but i think were running out of options,while there is a bb crash and unlock ready now for os-4.2.1 with baseband 2.10 or greater. however the creators (musclenerd& dev team) is not playing there hand and releasing it until apple releases there new 4.3 os.... smart,because if released now apple will hold off releasing 4.3 and close or ruin the exploit used for the new crash. so it has been a constant battle back and forth.

so here is what you should do DO NOT UPDATE ,EVER!! NEVER!! did i say NEVER!!!

then you dont have to worry about it. but you know evryone will do it any way.

i believe this phone has already been cracked, i have heard it from more than one credible source,whom i believe. the problem is they will be super expensive ( a grand or so) for the most part. so most of us wont be having one for a while untill they come down.

still gonna be cool though having one on cricket..

nesqu1k
05-05-2011, 02:22 AM
china know how to unlock iPhone ))) check this link
i just use crome translator
and this
[Only registered and activated users can see links](Incomplet e)

rich hathaway
05-05-2011, 04:23 PM
china know how to unlock iPhone ))) check this link
i just use crome translator
and this
[Only registered and activated users can see links](Incomplet e)

hey brother, there is no need to post the same identical post in 3 or 4 places in the forum.not only does it clutter up gurus but it is against forum rules.

please check our rules, they can be found in my signature.we appriciate your post but do not make extra work for our mods to have to clean up behind you. thank you.

mobilefreedom
05-10-2011, 05:28 AM
1)Page Plus. Verizon iphones previously activated on Verizon have reportedly been activatable by dealers (not customer service) with full data. Page Plus official policy is no iphone cdmas but hey...if you're a dealer...

2)H20 Cdma . Activateable? No one's ever tried it , but H20 cdma is a Verizon mvno with only paygo talk/text/mms and no data anyway. Why bother?

3)Siri Wireless. Supposedly allows ANY Verizon phone three months after release by parent carrier. It's been over three months on the iphone cdma , right? Yeah, they have (expensive and not unlimited) data.

4)Nation PCS. This darkhorse has unlimited talk/text/one gig data (marked as "unlimited" lol). Allows iphone 4 cdma . Prices unknown. Supposedly allows ANY cdma phone too if flashed properly (like Page Plus).

All are Verizon mvnos. Nation PCS and Siri have postpaid coverage. The others prepaid.

rich hathaway
05-10-2011, 09:03 AM
1)Page Plus. Verizon iphones previously activated on Verizon have reportedly been activatable by dealers (not customer service) with full data. Page Plus official policy is no iphone cdmas but hey...if you're a dealer...

2)H20 Cdma . Activateable? No one's ever tried it , but H20 cdma is a Verizon mvno with only paygo talk/text/mms and no data anyway. Why bother?

3)Siri Wireless. Supposedly allows ANY Verizon phone three months after release by parent carrier. It's been over three months on the iphone cdma , right? Yeah, they have (expensive and not unlimited) data.

4)Nation PCS. This darkhorse has unlimited talk/text/one gig data (marked as "unlimited" lol). Allows iphone 4 cdma . Prices unknown. Supposedly allows ANY cdma phone too if flashed properly (like Page Plus).

All are Verizon mvnos. Nation PCS and Siri have postpaid coverage. The others prepaid.

dont believe everything you read,there is no iphone flashed working with data that apple has not supplied the bundle for,including page plus.

nesqu1k
05-11-2011, 08:07 AM
CDMA IPHONE 4.2.8 custom firmware - without base-band version
FIVE 10TH
By the Daniel published in IPHONE4 CDMA 4 comments
Features:

Removal of the baseband
Perfect escape
Contains Cydia
Includes OpenSSH
System disk 1024MB
Include telecommunications 212PRL
Contains CC break, support for custom operators PLIST
Configuration contains the telecom operators, APN configuration and telecommunications Tau LOGO
Download:

whah you think about it?

rich hathaway
05-14-2011, 06:47 PM
CDMA IPHONE 4.2.8 custom firmware - without base-band version
FIVE 10TH
By the Daniel published in IPHONE4 CDMA 4 comments
Features:

Removal of the baseband
Perfect escape
Contains Cydia
Includes OpenSSH
System disk 1024MB
Include telecommunications 212PRL
Contains CC break, support for custom operators PLIST
Configuration contains the telecom operators, APN configuration and telecommunications Tau LOGO
Download:

whah you think about it?

this is just a ipsw created with snowbreeze with custom logos.

he did ad 2 extra .bak files which is to bypass the breaking of the sig's when writing to the plist and eri

but who knows if it ever worked i looked around on the asia sites and dont see anything that says they have data working

actually those sites say the apposite,that they are all wondering when someone will have data working.