PDA

View Full Version : Samsung Moment M900 with several issues to resolve

txsportsman
01-09-2011, 01:30 AM
I have searched the web looking for answers to all of my phone issues.
The problem is every issue has an effect on another issue making it impossible
to fix any of them because one issue prevents another from working. Please help explain how to fix all, some, or just one of my problems. If I can get one resolved it will create a starting point or an opening to start working out the rest of my issues.

Here is the list:

Phone & Phone info-

Samsung Moment M900 flashed to Cricket. It has stock 2.1 update 1 DJ07 with kernal 2.6.29
Hardware M900.8.0 Running PRL 32400 and it has Joey Krim 2.0.3 recovery.

Issues-

- The SMS text's come thru as a bunch of symbols not readable at all.The only one's I get I can read are from other Cricket subscribers.
I can send texts to anyone and they get them with no issues.

- The phone will not load a custom rom from the SD card, I have tried about 10 of them. I used to have the phone rooted with custom ROM's but after
the texts started messing up I went back to stock to try and fix the text issue and I have never been able to install a ROM since. I have tried 3 different recoveries,
I have even factory reset the phone trying to fix this and the text issue.

- When I try and go into programming menu's the phone crashes on 90% of them saying com.android.phone has stopped working. When I try and boot into self test mode
(talk, pad, end) at the same time it starts to load then the phone just locks up every time and I have to pull the battery. The only way to get to any of the menu's
is by creating short cuts with Any Cut and only some of those will work. I also can use connectbot and go to getprop to get info about phone.

- The phone will connect with CDMA WS but it says the phone won't answer everytime when I try to read the phone. I have tried all the tricks, I think to get the phone
to work with CDMA WS. I don't know what to do about this one, I thought changing the PRL might fix the text issue that's why I need it to work, but I am not able to do it.

Question- what should I put in the blank for SMSC? I have looked every where for that answer and I have yet to find it. I thought with it being blank maybe that is
affecting the texts as well? IDK

I know there has to be a few more issues but those are the main ones I can think of right now. Any help would be very much appriciated.

whitey10tc
01-09-2011, 01:52 AM
Well I can tell you this, a new ROM could fix it permanently or temporarily. It fixed it temp on my wifes.

The text is a variant of the wingding font.

I've had dealers submit trouble tickets, talked to CS, and finally had a CS manager call me last night. His conclusion is it has to do with both the device and crickets system. Something to do with the way they're communicating. While there have been reports of a specific ROM fixing it I have yet to try because my wife mainly uses google voice.

But don't fear, it's not just you and it's not just the Moment, this is happening on Moto Q's, Treo's, Razr's, and Lingo's.

Oddly enough we got three texts from google voice when we put her number on a NV Touch and 10 on a Messager II. Then it went to garbled again. This was done to prove that it wasn't the phone and indeed the service.

Wrecked Johnson
01-09-2011, 01:56 PM
My issues have been resolved by using the radioactive froyo 1.8.3 rom thanks to a certain someone who put me hip to this fix

txsportsman
01-09-2011, 06:17 PM
I will definately go and install that ROM as soon as I can figure out how to get my Moment to let me install a new rom. I have tried everything and it just keeps saying that the new rom is unreadable. (bad) and it cancels the install. I have the new recovery installed and I have even tried 3 different recoveries to see if they were the issue but I don't think that is the problem now. Any thoughts? Also, thanks Wrecked Johnson for the tip on the radioactive froyo rom.

babii_jordan_17
01-10-2011, 03:52 PM
i wanted to know if you installed it and if it worked because im having the same problem with the texting and its really annoying

eric303
01-10-2011, 04:06 PM
i installed the radio active rom but the MMS stopped working with DF2.0 once i did that