PDA

View Full Version : [HOW TO - Tutorial] Flashing Samsung Fascinate To Cricket Walk Through

vengeance937
01-04-2011, 06:11 AM
Flashing Samsung Fascinate To Cricket!!!!

ok so this is the one phone that has made me wanna punch my screen since i got it. amazing phone but hell an a half an very difficult to flash. OK so to start there are programs out there u can purchase to flash this phone if u wanna pay 100 dollars or 65 at a shop. but well im cheap so i set hours on end figuring what i could out. this tutorial will get u talk, text, 3g, internet an ability to send mms (to recieve has been difficult because there is a lock code to get to those features that ive been unable to find out)...

WHAT YOU WILL NEED!!!
QPST. 2.7 build 323 an build 215.
a Samsung fascinate.
PATIENCE!!
samsung fascinate drivers
and samsung epic drivers

first you will want to turn on usb debug mode, stay awake while plugged in, mock location(applications /developer menu). o an dial up mode(in wireless settings). install all the drivers before plugging phone in. after that plug in the phone. now as always you will want this phone on COM PORT 1. . (if u dont know how to do this u have to get to control panel then systems then hardware tab then select device manager. from there go to ports right click the samsung. then port settings tab then advanced. there will be a number toward the middle bottom set it as com port 1 then ok ok ok ok untill ur back to device manager then exit device manager) open qpst system programming. phone should show if not go to qpst config an set it up.

now in qpst system programming u will select the phone an it will ask for the spc. it is six 0's (ZERO's). then select read phone . now go to the roam tab. then u will see a prefered roaming box click the browse button an select the prl you wish to use. (nationwide 3g prl is best i use 42800 which is for the zio) now write to phone it will restart.. from here after the phone restarts open up qpst again an go thru the first process except do not go to the roam option. click the cdma tab an select nam1 if not already selected(ONLY nam1 NOT nam2 if u r dumb enough to mess with nam2 i am not responsible for the outcome )in nam 1 select set to default. now go to m.ip an delete all entrys. click write to phone it will again restart..

ps after you load the prl to the phone do a factory reset to clear out a few of the system logs to help everything go thru smooth

FUN TIME!!!! after phone reboots click the dialer menu (if its asking to program push the power button as if u r turning it off then select airplane mode. then restart the phone while in airplane mode(trick to get around that pesky activation menu).now after that boot select the dialer an enter *#83786633 an press home. got back to dialer an delete whatever is in it. if nothing ok now enter *#22745927 it will then ask for the spc code it is six 0's (ZERO's). now select to enable hidden menu. from there accept an what not if it ask an get to the home screen after hidden menu is enabled.

now again enter dialer make sure its clear an press **772 it will again ask for spc it is all six 0's (ZERO's) 000000. now from there it will show a service programming menu. press down slowly till u reach nam1 CDMA directory number. this will be your number click touch here u enter your number (for example 937-000-0000) now after that press enter then the back softkey to exit keyboard then press the down button this will bring u to a screen where u can enter your min(if u do not know it call cricket an ask them to bring it up for u. easier to call a local store an get this info. after u enter it press the back softkey u should be on cdma home sid. u will need to know your sid or find it out (google is your friend an so is your cricket store employee's) . enter it then press enter an exit the keyboard an when u see the exit screen hit ok. phone will reboot.

now u will have to of course have your phone activated to go any further so u know that process. (ps u can also activate it after u get the prl on it but until u do the hidden menu process it wont be active)

u now have text an calling but here comes the advanced user portion lol.

GETTING 3G
u will need to get the backup restore apn app from the market place its free. (email me an i can send u a copy).
u will need to install it an then backup apn. it will save to your sd card. plug it in to the computer an copy it to ur pc.

open the file in notepad as administrator the file will have all verizon settings change them to cricket. here is an example of mine after i changed it to cricket

<?xml version='1.0' encoding='UTF-8' standalone='yes' ?>
<apns count="1">
[Only registered and activated users can see links]
</apns>

where the phone numbers are those will all need to be your number. an my mnc is 012 yours may be different but thats an ideal of the settings that u need to change. next u will save that file an place it on your memory card over the original file (overwrite the one on your sd card). after that access the apn backup app an delete all apns(DO NOT DELETE THE BACKUPS U NEED THEM!!!!!)now click restore apn it will ask which one an restore the one u just modified). now here is the funnest part but if done right u will have 3g......

ALSO ON A SIDE NOTE TO FURTHER EMPHASIZE THIS when u get the phone activated be sure to tell them its a zio *wink wink* so it will register in the system as a zio which will help more after u get 3g up an running. an all features only work on the 55 dollar plan

SORRY IF I GET A LITTLE SLURRY TOWARD THE END IM HUNGRY AN NEED A NAP LMAO

P.S. MMS WORKS IF DONE RIGHT (IN AND OUTGOING)

vengeance937
01-04-2011, 04:03 PM
if this is helpful post feedback or thanks. i am on often if any question may arise. i have this feed on 3 forums currently. if any steps did not work i will be glad to assist in helping you further.

antiflag1980
01-05-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm in the middle of trying this right now, at the part where you need to dial **772 you wrote 88772.

marjohn
01-15-2011, 01:11 PM
Would you have the same for metropcs?

ssmanji
05-06-2011, 11:57 PM

(shits got me stumped)

jjohnzon
05-16-2011, 09:08 PM

(shits got me stumped)