PDA

View Full Version : Unlock Iphone 3GS/3G running 4.1 with a baseband of 5.14.02 using Ipad Baseband

markymark805
01-03-2011, 08:50 PM
I took me awhile to figure this one out, as Im just starting to get into the Iphone scene as far as software stuff goes. Repairs are one thing, this is totally new to me.

So these links might help the next person out and save some searching.

First you have to update the baseband to the Ipad baseband (read all the warnings in the link before doing this)

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

follow the directions and the download the files from that link depending on if your using a max or windows.

And once jailbroken use the ultrasn0w way to unlock and your good to go

crazy-alex
04-14-2011, 09:21 PM
Its alot easier if you download r3dsn0w and you load the 4.2.1IPSW and you tell it to load the Ipad base band, multitaksing, cydia, and a if you want to really get into to it you can load custom boot logos and etc, but after that you add a source([Only registered and activated users can see links]) to cydia and then donwload the sn0w here is the link on how to use the redsnow

xxSLRxx
04-15-2011, 03:16 PM
Just a heads up to those who use the ipad baseband, do read the warning... If you don't, you will drive yourself crazy trying to figure out how to reload an OS...

rich hathaway
04-15-2011, 05:03 PM
for the 3gs phone you have to load a custom bundle to the phone with (before or after) or it wont load and work

anyway here it is [hide-thanks][Only registered and activated users can see links][/hide-thanks]

select the use custom bundle option in redsnow.

WARNING:ONLY USE THIS BUNDLE FOR 3GS !

markymark805
04-15-2011, 07:33 PM
for the 3gs phone you have to load a custom bundle to the phone with (before or after) or it wont load and work

anyway here it is *** hidden content ***

select the use custom bundle option in redsnow.

WARNING:ONLY USE THIS BUNDLE FOR 3GS !

Hey Rich,

Thats only if your using redsnow for this correct? becuase the way I posted above, I did it on a 3gs and didnt need to do it with loading a custom bundle, but then again, i used I think it was ultra or whatever it say's in the link! lol.

rich hathaway
04-15-2011, 09:08 PM
Hey Rich,

Thats only if your using redsnow for this correct? becuase the way I posted above, I did it on a 3gs and didnt need to do it with loading a custom bundle, but then again, i used I think it was ultra or whatever it say's in the link! lol.

unless you had older baseband you have to use redsnow to get the ipad baseband(6.15) and make it unlockable,so you use redsnow to jailbreak and install 6.15 bb and then ultrasnow to unlock it but 3gs needs the custom file to work(ipad base band is a downgrade,even though it goes up and the file makes it compatible) . your post says to use redsnow to. you can use snowbreeze but only if you dont have to worry about changing to 6.15 bb.

markymark805
04-16-2011, 01:05 AM
Oh I see.... that makes sense...

xxSLRxx
04-16-2011, 04:08 PM
The only reason you would need the iPad baseband is if you need a 3G or 3GS unlocked and it's on either the 5.14.02 or 5.15.04 baseband-- since these basebands cannot be unlocked via ultrasn0w. Since you *can't* downgrade basebands, the only option is to upgrade to the iPad baseband 6.15.00 which is unlockable.

The only catch here is that if you have a phone with the iPad baseband installed, it's hard to install/reinstall a new firmware (Read Rich's explanation above). On a 3G, you can get around this by installing an older firmware (I typically use 4.1) and it should go through just fine. On a 3GS, you typically don't have this luxury since Apple forces you to update to the latest firmware only (unless you have your SHSH blobs backed up... but that's a whole other story).

If you find yourself in a situation where you have an iPhone with the iPad baseband installed and need to install a firmware that rejects the iPad's baseband, the solution is to make custom firmware (via sn0wBreeze) that preserves the baseband. Being that these custom firmware's don't touch the baseband, they will install just fine.

rich hathaway
04-16-2011, 07:07 PM
they will install just fine but you must use ireb to put the phone into pwned dfu mode making itunes load and install the custom ipsw,and in some case you will need to change the host file ip for gs.apple.com to point to saurik's server instead of apple's.

xxSLRxx
04-16-2011, 07:55 PM
Nice catch. Forgot to mention that one... ><