PDA

View Full Version : PingChat - a BBM like service for Droids, Iphone's, and Berries

markymark805
01-03-2011, 07:01 PM
My buddy and I have been using this as of late. Can work off data or wifi connection. So its good if you are on a limited data plan like Page Plus or Airvoice becuase if your at home or a hot spot and switch off your data you can use your wifi to text/message back and forth instead of eating up text messages or using your data.

Its a great messaging client, I would say is somewhat similar to blackberry messenger.

You can add in pictures and sounds as well.

It sets each conversation up, under its own thread in the program.

The good thing about it is, you dont' need the persons phone number, just there sign up name/screen name. So we thought this would be another great tool for business as you can give clients or put your screen name in ads so people that have ping chat or want to download ping chat can just use that to contact you then without having to remember a phone number.

Was using it on my iphone and my android last night thru wifi worked great. And none of those phones have cellular service.

The only thing I would say, is that once you register a perticular phone with your name, you cant use that name on another phone, so if you have multiple phones you end up needing multiple screen names. Unless you unregister your one device, then the screen name should become available again so that you can use it now on your new device.

Oh and its a totally free program to download and install, just runs ad, which arent too annoying actually. On iphone's you need to have an itunes account to download, but its free, so no biggie.

Hope this all kind of makes sense, im on alot of cold meds right now.