PDA

View Full Version : Motorola Q Update Problem

SeberHusky
01-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Hello there. I am currently having problems when updating my Motorola Q using Motorola Software Update. The phone is currently in "Bootloader" mode. I connect it with the USB cable and start up MSU, and it is recognized and starts downloading the update.

The problem is, about halfway through the update, the phone shuts off and the update is halted. It does this every single time.

Does anyone know what could be wrong or how to fix it?

thesmitty68521
01-03-2011, 06:35 PM
It could be:

1) low battery
2) Which model of Q are you using the update on? make sure both the version match. For example: if you are using a Q9m make sure it is a Q9m.
3) There is something wrong with the hardware itself and not allowing the firmware to be written back to it.

Those are the only problems I can think of.

Another method may be to try to flash the monster to it and if it doesn't take then try the update.

ljay67
01-03-2011, 06:37 PM
u need the monster file, and u should try using RSD Lite, that's easier to use

the worse case scenario is that the battery isn't charged enuff or ur downloading the wrong firmware

SeberHusky
01-03-2011, 07:35 PM
Motorola Software Update will only let me choose between a Razr V3m or a Motorola Q9M when I plug the regular Q in.

The battery is as charged up as it can be.

But, oddly, I have a Q9m as well, and it does the same thing as the Q is doing...

EDIT: Just tried RSD lite...gives me a JUMP error...

Can anyone give me any general tutorial on how to update this Q?
It has Verizon on it.

drkcobra
01-12-2011, 03:35 PM
Select the Verizon Q MSU program and it will download a special version that already has the full monster pack in it. I have never had it not recover a phone stuck in bootloader.

You can save yourself a lot of time screwing around with all the Motorola question screens by going here directly:
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

SeberHusky
01-15-2011, 10:51 PM
I've downloaded Motorola Software Update CO1.16.03.

The one you linked me to does not load up on Windows 7....even in "Compatibility Mode"

Is that the correct one to use?

If you could share some tips with me, that would be great. I don't know how everyone else can fix these in the blink of an eye, and I am having Hell in a handbasket here...

EDIT: I got the program you linked me to working, but they are still shutting off at 49% of the way through, and it still only gives me a choice between a Razr V3 and a Q9M...I have an original Q.

EDIT #2: I got the program working good now, but it freezes up at 13% on "BP Is Programming".

drkcobra
01-16-2011, 02:39 PM
First of all you need the standalone MSU, not the regular one. Also, don't screw around with Windows 7 if you want this to work, use XP with active sync 4.5 installed and it will work fine.

SeberHusky
01-16-2011, 04:42 PM
Oh, well that's just lovely. Now I will have to buy an XP computer? grrr

I am using the same updater you linked me to in your last post.

gdemi
02-21-2011, 11:24 PM
I dont want to hijack this thread, but it is relatively easy to partition your hard drive and have multiple os's on it. On my netbook, I have windows 7, Windows xp & Ubuntu on it. Just find someone who knows what they are doing on the computer and get them to do it for you.
Many of the programs reuiqred for flashing are much happier on XP.

SeberHusky
02-23-2011, 09:34 AM
I dont want to hijack this thread, but it is relatively easy to partition your hard drive and have multiple os's on it. On my netbook, I have windows 7, Windows xp & Ubuntu on it. Just find someone who knows what they are doing on the computer and get them to do it for you.
Many of the programs reuiqred for flashing are much happier on XP.

I am "someone who knows what they are doing on the computer." ...to a limit.

Well, it's too late now anyways. I already blew $100 on a Gateway Solo 9500 which is right here next to me.

Anyway, I have tried updating them, but they still freeze up on the "Bp Is Programming" screen. None of them ever finish once they hit that stage. They "ERROR" at various percentages of completion (8%, 23%, 49%, etc.). I do have the HotSync. Sometimes it connects, sometimes it does not.

I will keep trying.

SeberHusky
02-27-2011, 02:07 PM
Hello again. I have just now realized that some of them say "Sprint" on the sticker... *smacks self*

Does anyone have the Sprint version of the MSU for the original MotoQ?

drkcobra
02-27-2011, 02:15 PM
There is only a Verizon standalone version that has the Monster in it. It is really only needed if the unit is stuck in bootloader. If you have a good unit up and running, just use RSD Lite and the desired monster / upgrade files and it will work fine. If it isn't working then you will have to recover it first as a Verizon. No big deal overall.

The latest version was never leaked as a monster pack, so you will have to use one of the 2 prior monsters and then upgrade it.

SeberHusky
02-27-2011, 06:50 PM
Okay, thank you.

Now, do I need all of these files? Or is there a certain order I am supposed to install them in?

SeberHusky
03-26-2011, 03:23 PM
ALRIGHT. I've given up on these crappy things. You want to have them? Here. Bid on them.

Auction ENDED

phone full
04-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Motorola Q9M with WM7 + POP MAIL
Does anyone know where I can get the info to do this? I have seen two moto q9ms with working push/pop mail working on cricket as both my IAM's have it. They told me where they got it from, but im not having luck getting a hold of company.

I was told the q9m has to have windows mobile 7 on it.

let me know if you have this solution, and what you want in exchange for your expertise..

Thanks,

drkcobra
04-07-2011, 05:14 PM
There never was a version with WM7 on it. WM6.1 is the latest available on the Q9c / Q9m (they are both the same hardware, but the Q9c is the better and latest).

drkcobra
04-08-2011, 12:52 PM
Ok, first of all, this is not to make SeberHusky feel or look bad!
I won his auction and when I started playing with the Qs I got most of them up and running by just flashing generic onto them with RSD Lite 5.0, but I did find/remember something very important with the Moto Q's that I had forgot and I haven't seen posted since the old MF.com days. For whatever reason, make sure and use a REAL Motorola Mini USB cable when flashing these units. I tried doing multiple units and the non Motorola cables failed his old (my new) units the same way as he described above, so...
I hope this helps someone else in the future!!

SeberHusky
06-13-2011, 09:54 PM
Ok, first of all, this is not to make SeberHusky feel or look bad!
I won his auction and when I started playing with the Qs I got most of them up and running by just flashing generic onto them with RSD Lite 5.0, but I did find/remember something very important with the Moto Q's that I had forgot and I haven't seen posted since the old MF.com days. For whatever reason, make sure and use a REAL Motorola Mini USB cable when flashing these units. I tried doing multiple units and the non Motorola cables failed his old (my new) units the same way as he described above, so...
I hope this helps someone else in the future!!

No offense taken! So, you finally got those crackboxes working, eh? LMAO
You know, I did try RSD, but I kept getting failures. So I moved to MPT, and kept getting failures. Then I tried using a BlackBerry cable, like someone on some Q+A website suggested. Guess what? Yep, more failures. No matter what I did, I kept failing. I can follow everyone's directions to the "T", and I still fail, while it works 100% for them. God must have it in for me or something. lol
But now I've got just as many fully functional Q's right now, so I don't care about those I sold you any longer. Although, I do wish that I had some prettier colors like the blue, pink, purple, and red ones I had. All I have now is just 3 diffrent shades of gray...and black. LOL

Just curious, may I ask how much you got for them? (Assuming you re-sold them.)

drkcobra
06-13-2011, 09:57 PM
No offense taken! So, you finally got those crackboxes working, eh? LMAO
You know, I did try RSD, but I kept getting failures. So I moved to MPT, and kept getting failures. Then I tried using a BlackBerry cable, like someone on some Q+A website suggested. Guess what? Yep, more failures. No matter what I did, I kept failing. I can follow everyone's directions to the "T", and I still fail, while it works 100% for them. God must have it in for me or something. lol
But now I've got just as many fully functional Q's right now, so I don't care about those I sold you any longer. Although, I do wish that I had some prettier colors like the blue, pink, purple, and red ones I had. All I have now is just 3 diffrent shades of gray...and black. LOL

Just curious, may I ask how much you got for them? (Assuming you re-sold them.)

While I had good luck getting them going overall, the bad luck came in as they were all part of the stuff I had stolen recently, so...

SeberHusky
08-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Holy sh*#! I'm so sorry that happened, buddy!
(Personally, I wouldn't believe old-ish phones like those would be worth stealing...but I guess they were grab-n-run kind of crooks, eh?)