PDA

View Full Version : MetroPCS Optimus M - LGMS690 (Downgrade from 2.2.1 back to 2.2)

andyo70
01-01-2011, 07:02 PM
Hello all. Don't know if this is the right section of the forums for this, a Mod could put it where it needs to be if not.

I would like to let people know that have this phone if they have updated their phones to 2.2.1, making them unrootable, there is hope and help.

My tutorial is as follows:

Gonna make this straight to the point.

Download this: [Only registered and activated users can see links]

Unpack it to the root of your C: drive

Remove any instance of any previous LG Updater from your PC. Do this by going to C:\Program Data\LGMOBILEAX\B2C_Client and then clicking on the file B2CAppUninstall.exe

Then delete the folder LGMOBILEAX

Install the USB drivers if you don't have them already

Plug the phone into any USB port on the back of your PC. Not the front ones

Turn off your phone and take out the microsd card

Turn phone back on

Connect your phone with the USB

Make sure you have your phone in USB debugging mode by going to Settings/Applications/Development and tapping on USB debugging

From the root of C: Run KP500-Utils-EN.exe

Press the letter J on your keyboard and press enter

Type "LGMS690" without the quotes for Phone Model and press enter

Type MS690ZV3_36.S3_36.P3014.cab and press enter

Type MS690ZV3_36 for the Version and press enter

The updater in my package will open up and probably complain that the phone is not connected. Just click restart and the program will continue.

Allow the program to do it's thing. Your phone eventually should reboot with a screen that says it's upgrading.

Wait until the downgrade is complete and the phone reboots. Do not unplug your phone until the program asks you to exit.

Your phone will stay on the android animation for a while and then it will start looping the animation. This happened to me, but don't panic. Wait about 4 or 5 minutes while it's looping.

After that take the battery out. It's the only way to turn the phone off.

Press and hold the "Power/Lock", "Home" and "Volume down" buttons down and wait until the little droid dude and progress bar appears. Then release the buttons. This is a factory reset.

Then wait. Phone will start up and animation will take a while till it gets to the Welcome screen.

Congrats you're back on 2.2 and once again rootable.

whitey10tc
01-01-2011, 08:24 PM
While the post is appreciated
Hello all. Don't know if this is the right section of the forums for this, a Mod could put it where it needs to be if not. out of courtesy I have moved your post to the misc Android device forum. Please review the forum rules and post in the correct forum, mods and admins do not really have the time to move every post and sometimes we will delete or close posts in the wrong area.

vladftw
01-24-2011, 03:11 PM
Why was this guy banned from your forums whitey10tc?

whitey10tc
01-24-2011, 03:40 PM
Why was this guy banned from your forums whitey10tc?

I'm sorry but we only discuss bans with staff members and the parties involved out of respect to all involved.
Posted via Mobile Device

memberzs
03-30-2011, 01:08 PM
the download is no longer available, can someone reupload it?

stitan
09-01-2011, 03:35 AM
^^please upload the files needed please^^ i updated my phone to 2.2.2 and would like to use this to go back.

n1337
09-23-2011, 01:44 AM
cool I registered for this forum to download this file and its not there and no mention of wtf it is supposed to be. so lame.

whitey10tc
09-23-2011, 01:50 AM
cool I registered for this forum to download this file and its not there and no mention of wtf it is supposed to be. so lame.That would be upto the original poster of the file to update links. And sense he was banned there is no way to do that sorry for the frustration.