PDA

View Full Version : trouble finding samsung drivers that work with windows 7

hydrogilbicacid
12-31-2010, 11:41 PM
I have not been able to get my new laptop running windows 7 to accept samsung phones? ive tried running a few different samsung driver packages and i can not get these phones to go to the com port. Please help. thank you

thephoneguy913
12-31-2010, 11:50 PM
What version of Windows 7 are you running... 64bit or 86bit? and what kind of samsung are you trying to plug in?

hydrogilbicacid
01-07-2011, 04:15 PM
OK well im actully not sure what bit it is but my program files is under (x86) so i assume that is is 86 bit. It is build 6700.
HOWEVER: If anyone else is having trouble this is what i did and got it working perfect.
1st I started my machine and pressed F8 and ran windows without driver signing.
2nd I ran the most current samsung driver package 5.2 i believe in compatibility mode
3rd I manually assigned the 3 unknown drivers as: 1 samsung usb driver(usb port), 2 samsung mobile modem(modem), 3 as samsung mobile diagnostic modem(com port)
I hope this helpful to anyone also having the same issues

dissturbbed
01-18-2011, 02:35 PM
OK well im actully not sure what bit it is but my program files is under (x86) so i assume that is is 86 bit. It is build 6700.
HOWEVER: If anyone else is having trouble this is what i did and got it working perfect.
1st I started my machine and pressed F8 and ran windows without driver signing.
2nd I ran the most current samsung driver package 5.2 i believe in compatibility mode
3rd I manually assigned the 3 unknown drivers as: 1 samsung usb driver(usb port), 2 samsung mobile modem(modem), 3 as samsung mobile diagnostic modem(com port)
I hope this helpful to anyone also having the same issues

were did you find the samsung driver package..i have the same problem you had

rich hathaway
01-18-2011, 04:49 PM
they are here [Only registered and activated users can see links]