PDA

View Full Version : Moved>>> how to flash lg ally to cricket

phresh10
12-31-2010, 08:22 PM
hi i waas wondering how to flash the lg ally android to cricket i need help. (and yes i did search)

thesmitty68521
12-31-2010, 08:56 PM
hi i waas wondering how to flash the lg ally android to cricket i need help. (and yes i did search)

It is obvious to me that you searched or you wouldn't have found us. lol. There is a solution for this phone for sale in the Cricket Market that will get you internet and MMS. However, if you want to just basic flash it without getting the pic and internet, simply get the newest LG drivers and enable usb debugging and you will be able to connect to QPST and load the prl.

I hope this helped you out. Happy New Year and Welcome to Gurus!

bigshotrob
01-04-2011, 01:30 AM
I too want to learn how to flash my wifes Ally to cricket. Do you have a tutorial?

Wrecked Johnson
01-04-2011, 03:34 PM
You can buy it. Its a paid solution and its reasonable sorta.

bigshotrob
01-04-2011, 06:22 PM
You can buy it. Its a paid solution and its reasonable sorta.

How muuch? I dont have that much money thats why I wanted someone to show me how to do it.

thesmitty68521
01-04-2011, 06:29 PM
This solution is for sale at this link:
**Link removed**
As for someone showing you step by step how to do do it, that is unlikely since the solution is for sale and more than likely those that know how to flash it are using that solution.

bigshotrob
01-04-2011, 07:23 PM
Isnt that the mms solution? I just want to know how to do the basic flash.

rich hathaway
01-04-2011, 08:12 PM
that is the full solution with 1xdata only. look in the flashing basics section. this is a gray area because there is a solution for sale and we here respect the creator and do not want to step on any toes.
so my advice would be look at a similar solution for a lg smartphone and apply it to this one,there are several posted here.you can ask any questions but we have to be careful how or if we answer. you see we cant give away something we did not create until the original creator posts it for free.but we will help where we can.

bigshotrob
01-04-2011, 08:16 PM
OK. Sorry about that

rich hathaway
01-04-2011, 09:44 PM
its ok brother, you didnt do anything wrong,we dont know unless we ask,you know. there are hundreds of phones we can and will give/help you with full solutions for, there are just a few that are still for sale and are peoples livelyhood, its not a terrible tough phone for talk and text. do you have cdma workshop? and welcome to gurus pull up a chair and stay a while dude.

bigshotrob
01-04-2011, 11:17 PM
ok cool. Thanks. Ya I have cdma workshop and qpst. I have fixed my old eris plenty of times with qpst and I have flashed my Droid X with those programs as well.

rich hathaway
01-04-2011, 11:38 PM
then you can flash it. get the prl and sid for your area, load them with workshop and write the min and mdn and you got it.

Wrecked Johnson
01-05-2011, 01:04 AM
ok............if this helps at all..................... USB DEBUGGING MODE, and hopefully if you paid for workshop you know enough to do the rest :-D I have a sneaky susupicion that you do know enough already :-D

bigshotrob
01-05-2011, 09:28 AM
Ive never flashed a phone like the Ally before. The only way I was able to flash my Droid X was because there was a step by step guide. I appreciate all your guys help. THANKS.

Wrecked Johnson
01-05-2011, 10:24 AM
Make Sure you have USB Debugging enabled this will make the phone show on your port and you will need the proper drivers installed

lalea1860
01-11-2011, 12:35 AM
I, unfortunately, have never had a droid/android phone. I have an ally and was told it will activate no problem on page plus.
Not the case. I called and could not get past the verizon activation screen, emergency numbers only. I could not dial *22890.

I will pay someone I guess, a dealer, but would like to do it mysel;f. I have no idea what workshop is mentioned above nor where to get it.
If someone can tell me how to activate this phone, I would greatly appreciate it. (>%

whitey10tc
01-11-2011, 12:49 AM
I, unfortunately, have never had a droid/android phone. I have an ally and was told it will activate no problem on page plus.
Not the case. I called and could not get past the verizon activation screen, emergency numbers only. I could not dial *22890.

I will pay someone I guess, a dealer, but would like to do it mysel;f. I have no idea what workshop is mentioned above nor where to get it.
If someone can tell me how to activate this phone, I would greatly appreciate it. (>%

You mention PP if that is who you are trying to flash to I urge you to start a thread in the page plus forums and not further hijack this cricket thread. It will make future searches less confusing.

DankOfOwnage
04-14-2011, 09:26 PM
Any update of the availability of this solution or one like it publicly?

Wrecked Johnson
04-15-2011, 12:38 PM
Isnt that the mms solution? I just want to know how to do the basic flash.

change the prl

SilentKai89
05-01-2011, 11:40 PM
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if someone could help me out. I tried the link included in the thread that there was a paid solution but it wouldn't allow me to access said link saying I didn't have permission; and yes I was registered and logged in. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this that they could direct me to or help me out here. I saw a video on youtube of someone using a program called DroidEFS to fully flash the lg ally with its 3g capabilities and I was wondering if anyone else knew how to do this and would be willing to help.

whitey10tc
05-02-2011, 12:14 AM
Hey everyone. I was just wondering if someone could help me out. I tried the link included in the thread that there was a paid solution but it wouldn't allow me to access said link saying I didn't have permission; and yes I was registered and logged in. I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this that they could direct me to or help me out here. I saw a video on youtube of someone using a program called DroidEFS to fully flash the lg ally with its 3g capabilities and I was wondering if anyone else knew how to do this and would be willing to help.

The link was removed due to problems with that particular solution that was for sale. That is why you don't have the permissions to view it. In the future feel free to click the report post button /!\ to report links like that so we can remove them and cut the confusion. There are programs like DEFS and Droid flash that can do it, but keep in mind they cost $$$$$. My recommendations take it to a local flasher and have it done. On the other hand if your doing more than one Android device, it might be worth the $$ to buy one of the programs.

Wrecked Johnson
05-02-2011, 11:12 AM

amoamare is the person responsible for DroidEFS and the Ally full solution, its got a nice price tag on it considering the fact that very few can come close to this let alone accomlpish this. I know tons of people who purchase solutions from him and not one complaint on his work