PDA

View Full Version : Cricket Broadband "unable to create phonebook entry" error

thesmitty68521
12-30-2010, 02:01 PM
I have a Windows 7 Laptop with the Cricket Broadband that won't allow it to connect to the internet. Everytime you click on the connect button it ways "unable to create phonebook entry".

I have tried to look at the application settings and they are all correct. I have also uninstalled and reinstalled the software and still get the same error.

Any ideas?

rich hathaway
12-30-2010, 02:25 PM
what aircard ?

thesmitty68521
12-30-2010, 03:56 PM
Cricket EC1705 Modem

rich hathaway
12-30-2010, 05:54 PM
hey smitty, i got nothin.i looked thru the cricket troubleshooter for this model and with that error it brings up notta. what does device manager have it as? should of course be a modem.i would suggest to try it on another machine and if it works then you know it is something with that computer, if the same error, warranty it out for a new one. were you able to activate it or does it give that error quickly and give no chance to activate? i dont have that little white modem here or i would plug one and try. sorry i cant be more help for ya bro.

thesmitty68521
12-30-2010, 06:49 PM
From the searching I've done it is a problem with the laptop and not the modem itself. This guy has the laptop so messed up from deleting stuff it isn't even funny. I just did a repair install and it is working now.

It is aggravating because even though people have a problem with their laptop, they expect us to fix it for free. When all we are doing is providing the broadband service. It isn't our problem they don't have a laptop that will work with it.