PDA

View Full Version : How Do I "put back" the Get it Now Software on a LG VX9900 enV?

tyedye
12-28-2010, 06:06 PM
Hello all.

I have searched and search this forum and the Internet and can't
find an answer to my problem. Maybe someone here can help me?

I have an enV that seems to be missing the "Get it Now" software.
Whenever I try to do anything (get pics, vids, etc.) that requires
the use of Get it Now I get an error that says "NO APPLICATION".

It seems that there is no Get it Now software on the phone. So,
does anyone know how I can "put it back" on the phone? The phone
works fine otherwise with no issues (it makes a test call just fine).

I am familiar with flashing phones and using LG Downloader and other
flashing / modding software, but this issue escapes me.

So does anyone know how to put the Get it Now software back on
this phone?

Please help if you know.

-Thanks

thephoneguy913
12-28-2010, 06:40 PM
Try to reload the BIN file with LG Download and the right DLL....you can find everything that you need in the LG's forum.... Good Luck.

Dex
12-28-2010, 06:58 PM
To restore the get it now software all u have to do is run the scr in LG download warning it will delete ringotnes pix and video

Sent from my Cricket EVO

tyedye
12-29-2010, 02:15 PM
Well, I could not find a scr file for the vx9900. But I did find (I had)
a .bin file (v4). I tried flashing the .bin file using LG Download. Still
got the "No Application" error.

I also tried copying the entire /brew directory, using BitPim, from a
working phone. I then restored the /brew directory to the problem
phone. Still have the error.

So then, following the directions here:
[Only registered and activated users can see links] , I tried flashing it using
the "upgrade" option in LG Download. Still no go, still get the "no application"
error whenever I try to open anything Get it Now related.

I also used the directions at the end of the above page for "fixing the apps".
I copied all folder and files. This still did not work.

I'm at a loss. This has been driving me crazy, on and off, since last summer.
Anyone have any other ideas?

PLEASE help.

Thanks,
:)

123456&
12-29-2010, 04:56 PM
Do you need SCR file for that model?

tyedye
12-31-2010, 01:11 PM
Do you need SCR file for that model?

Yes, desperately. I'm still having this error and it is driving me nuts. I
haven't tried a scr file yet, only .bin.

Please advise.

Thank you soooo much :)

123456&
12-31-2010, 02:27 PM
This is complete firmware for VX9900.
LGVX9900_T99VZV04

[HIDE-THANKS][Only registered and activated users can see links][/HIDE-THANKS]

tyedye
12-31-2010, 02:45 PM
LGVX9900_T99VZV04
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thank you so much for the file. I see that it does have the scr file in it.
Quick question: What option inside LG Download do I use, "upgrade"? Or
do I just use the scr download option? In other words, how do I use this file?

I really hope that this solves the problem. It really has been driving me
nuts for months now. Also, I think my daughters phone is having the same
problem too.

Thanks again.

123456&
12-31-2010, 03:19 PM
Just use scr download.

rich hathaway
12-31-2010, 04:24 PM
use the scr option if that is all you are doing.

tyedye
12-31-2010, 08:57 PM
Thanks again all.

Got what is probably a noob question...what is the difference between a .bin
and a .scr file?

tyedye
01-03-2011, 07:00 PM
LGVX9900_T99VZV04
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!
Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

It worked! You are THE MAN!

What I did was...I used the vx9900.dll that came with the file you linked
me to. Then I used the .scr from the file you linked me to. Now, the Get
it Now WORKS!

I couldn't be happier, this issue has been PLAGUING me since last summer.

Thanks again.

:)

ljay67
01-03-2011, 08:02 PM
wait, I thought after u flash a phone that stuff goes away period?

tyedye
01-03-2011, 09:15 PM
wait, I thought after u flash a phone that stuff goes away period?

If you are talking about the Get it Now stuff, I was able to
bring it back as I described above.

jsmiddleton4
01-15-2012, 11:06 PM
Trying to bring my old school VX9900 back up to date. Have updated the firmware. Would like to reclaim the "Get it now" function. I tried the link to the SCR file but it is not longer on the file server. If someone would link me to it I would greatly appreciate it.

123456&
01-16-2012, 09:21 AM
Trying to bring my old school VX9900 back up to date. Have updated the firmware. Would like to reclaim the "Get it now" function. I tried the link to the SCR file but it is not longer on the file server. If someone would link me to it I would greatly appreciate it.

Check now...a new link was posted

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 12:34 PM
Thanks for posting a new link. I'm new to the layout of this forum and while I've been looking for the nw link I have not found it. Where do I go for the new link?

123456&
01-16-2012, 01:42 PM
It was just an update at the post #7.

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 01:49 PM
Thanks. I had to copy and paste the link. Clicking on it didn't do anything. Copy and paste is fine and am d/l it now. I did do this last night per the other instructions in this thread. As a result I have no applications listed in the "Get it now" menu or the Tools on the Go menu. They are both blank. I had to do both *228 and call Verizon as my phone would update the prl/eri via *228 but was not recognized, authenticated, on the Verizon network.

Got phone to work, back up and running, but wanted to see what I did wrong to wipe out the option to d/l applications.

Thanks again for your help.

Edit: I have the 04 firmware and 1.50 dll from Howard's blog. I was able to get beyond the "catalog not downloaded.." error. Last night I went manually to verizon's web site via my phone to their download games and app option. Selected backup assistant but got a 200 something error code that is a "system error" message.

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 02:04 PM
Just double checking steps.

I open LGDownload, select the scr from the file you linked me to, the .bin file, and then update the phone?

Or do I update the bin and dll with the 1.50 dll I d/l from Howards site and the bin with it and then update?

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 02:17 PM
I do appreciate your help very much. I'm flashing now with all the files just from the .rar you linked me to. If I need to I can update to the 1.50 dll/bin from Howards site later. I backed up my prl file and am restoring it as well. We'll see if I lost my authentication again.

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 02:41 PM
Same result as last night. Flashed. No applications listed in Get it Now, "Extras", etc. VZW says "Go to get it now to add application". Authentication lost as well. Will be calling Verizon again....

123456&
01-16-2012, 02:57 PM
To get your apps back to your phone..you have to do SCR download only.
That way, You will be able to get your phone's apps back to your device.

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 03:27 PM
I just got off phone with Verizon. Had to manually enter authentication code. If I do the .scr will it blast my authentication code again?

Last night I did just the scr by the way.

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 03:44 PM
Going to see movie with wife. Much more fun than playing with phone. I have BitPM by the way and it works well with the VX900. Is there a way to put applications back via its file system? If so how?

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 08:13 PM
Just spoke with customer service/tech support. Their system is down. Imagine that. However the tech support guy said i need brew application installer app. Working on getting it. Told him the store while trying did nothing.

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 10:59 PM
Still learning here. Verizon still having issues. So if i run the scr update only your files restore all the stuff in the brew directory on the phone? That brings back the applications. At least the list of them on the phone?

jsmiddleton4
01-16-2012, 11:57 PM
Went ahead and flashed your scr file. Given Verizon is messed up tonight I figure that gives me cover incase I need to redo my phone's authentication. Well I do. The scr file disconnected my phone from the network. Could be the manually entered auth number.... Will be calling them in the morning. Applications are back. Can't tell if I can actually connect via them or not given Verizon's network is down to re-auth my phone.

jsmiddleton4
01-17-2012, 12:48 PM
Verizon mostly backup today, not all the way back but mostly. Phone reprogrammed as it should this morning. Text and phone back. But any web based applications will not load. Getting "Not connected to network try again later" message OR catalog not found (534) error. Did not get either before. Catalog error was 4 digits, can't remember the number now. I called tech support again this morning. Was told that when we did the manual authentication number the "system" now knows that my older phone does not have access to the web based stuff. While some of it worked as of last week it did so based on the old authentication number. The system knows with any "new" A number for my older phone ALL the web stuff is turned off. Which does not sound exactly true. But what can I say. She said go to the store but the store has been useless regarding this stuff. She offered me a free upgrade to a new phone though. Looking at choices but don't want smart phone and the data plan stuff.

jsmiddleton4
01-17-2012, 07:43 PM
Spent time with Verizon tech support this afternoon. Have been able to get back on the web for New, Info and My Account. Still getting error for trying to load get applications. Now its 3332. Verizon tech said that is not going to be fixed. So unless there is a way to update the certificate on my own Verizon's web "system" recognizes my phone and says some stuff is turned off.