PDA

View Full Version : Cricket plus Droid etc. etc.

sbombs
12-26-2010, 12:25 AM
Starting from scratch here. I want an Android phone, probably HTC. Can I just purchase an unlocked EVO or Incredible and set it up to run on a Cricket Android plan? Forgive my noobishness. I haven't had a decent phone in years but I'm a quick study.

whitey10tc
12-26-2010, 01:54 AM
There's a lot of threads on how to get androids on cricket. We also have the cricket android forums separated by manufacturer and model to better help people.

Sent from my HERO200 using Tapatalk

xxSLRxx
12-26-2010, 05:38 PM
You can have an CDMA android phone work on Cricket with their Android plan more or less... You'll have to put Cricket's APN settings for your MMS to work (Sprint Android phones are a little more complicated).

You could also setup an Android phone on a regular Cricket plan (that has data) provided you install and setup a proxy on the phone...

In either case, pick a phone and read up on it in the forums. I'm sure you'll find the information you are looking for.

hellomoto1
01-10-2011, 09:26 PM
Flashing the Droid causes a security issue with the Droid.

eric303
01-10-2011, 09:35 PM
if you want a "easy" flash, get the HTC EVO or Incredible, any of the other phones will require a bit more trouble shooting. Personally I like the EVO more due to its big screen and Hulu, but it does also drain the battery ALOT faster.

tsaharms
01-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Flashing the Droid causes a security issue with the Droid.

Flashing does not cause any type of security issues. Now, as far as which one to get, they are all pretty much the same,sorta. The biggest difference in phones is hardware.
Just find one with specs you like. I have flashed a bunch of EVOs amd they work fantastic on cricket.

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

crmcsh01
01-12-2011, 12:45 PM
Agreed tsaharms, flashing does not cause ANY security problem at all on an android. I would definitely recommend and Evo, or an Incredible, or if you don't want to spend a lot, you can get an HTC Eris for a pretty good price. All of these phones work great on Cricket and are pretty easy to flash too.