PDA

View Full Version : New to the scene and need some serious help...

wizeguy337
12-24-2010, 12:04 AM
I recently had my phone flashed and I was able to connected and receive phone calls about a week ago...now when I try to connect to the web I get the "cannot connect msg dialed +1 918 #777...and most of the time I dont receive phone calls it just goes straight to voicemail...I can restart my phone and I am able to rec'v calls then...but only briefly....

My question is...if i do a hard reset will i lose my flashed info?

Or...maybe someone here can help me fix this problem....I have a HTC Touch Pro 2

wizeguy337
12-24-2010, 12:38 AM
Ok..bare with me here...if I do a king aurthur rom that will overwrite my existing one...i believe its...hold on...Ryans Mogul Cricket Wap and Arcsoft 5...as far as the #777...it did read that at first but i checked the settings and tried to edit...and it wouldnt let me complete it without doing the area code, the +1 just decided to show up...i am confused to say the least.

How can I tell if its a custom rom?

wizeguy337
12-24-2010, 12:48 AM
Oh yeah, i've done the *228 thingy twice...does the *22804 do something different?

whitey10tc
12-24-2010, 12:48 AM
My recommendations, First figure out the ROM, if it boots up to a carrier logo ie. Sprint, Verizon, etc. it's stock most likely.
If recently flashed contact who flashed it and ask them why it's doing it.

All the problems you've described I've seen many times just by a incorrect flash "dirty flash" as I call it. If your in Utah I would know who did it.

If you try using King Authors ROM it's preset for cricket, no cabs needed. But you may need to check the EPST setting for the calling issue, could be PRL, EVRC or voice 13k settings, Access overload class set to low for your area, change it up to 4 or 5 instead of 1 or 2 this changes how quick the phone rings and sets priority on the network. Change all the EVRC setting to Voice EVRC instead of Voice 13k.

wizeguy337
12-24-2010, 12:59 AM
I took it back to the store where i got it flashed, tried to fix it, but to no avail...they offer to hard reset and reflash...but for another fee...I was out on that idea...

Not to familiar with the EPST settings...and dont want to mess anything, worse...UNLESS...its so easy a caveman can do it...lol

Oh yeah, when I restart it it comes up to US Cellular

whitey10tc
12-24-2010, 01:07 AM
I took it back to the store where i got it flashed, tried to fix it, but to no avail...they offer to hard reset and reflash...but for another fee...I was out on that idea...

Not to familiar with the EPST settings...and dont want to mess anything, worse...UNLESS...its so easy a caveman can do it...lol

Oh yeah, when I restart it it comes up to US CellularOK looks like you have a shipped ROM or one that's built off a shipped ROM, "I assume the original carrier is USC" Flash the king aurthor ROM and check the epst.

For the epst setting, there are many threads here for the HTC epst. You can try to dial ##778# or ##778 (snd) or ##3282# or ##3282 (snd) to check the epst, you'll need to choose edit and enter in the spc six 0's. Then just go through each section of the epst 1 by 1 and check all the info is correct.

wizeguy337
12-24-2010, 11:09 AM
Quick question...if i do the king aurthur rom will that change my home page

rich hathaway
12-24-2010, 11:55 AM
flashing a new rom will wipe everyting out of the phone.the only thing that will stay will be prl- sid- ect.

wizeguy337
12-24-2010, 01:08 PM
If I do the king rom...is there a way to get the htc home screen back