PDA

View Full Version : LG Rumor LX260 + USB Connection Issue

SeberHusky
12-22-2010, 05:48 PM
Hi there. I have a LG Rumor LX260 on Sprint Network. I am currently having issues with the phone and my computer with the USB cable.
I think the phone has some kind of firmware corruption or something. Here is what happens when I plug it into the USB cable, which is connected to my computer.

I open up BitPim....BitPim detects the phone...phone goes into on/off connected/disconnected boot loop infinitely.

I open up LG Download....phone stays on...displays "DIAG_VERNO_F: OK" "DIAG_STATE_F: OK" "DIAG_STATUS_F: OK" "NV_READ_F_PACKET: OK" looping messages infinitely.

I open up LG Mobile Update: phone detected...phone version not supported.

The phone displays a blank white screen when the Menu button is pressed, and crashes and restarts when I hit the "Contacts" button. However, If I hit the "Messaging" button, I can still access all the menus.

I have all the drivers installed, and I have the backup firmware downloaded from here. My computer is running Windows 7: Ultimate.

Any ideas? Thanks!

rich hathaway
12-22-2010, 07:33 PM
sounds like a firmware reload is in order for ya.

Dex
12-22-2010, 08:13 PM
Yes I would suggest reloading the firmware in emode repair esn write scr in refurb mode the Eri and prl then enjoy

Sent from my Cricket EVO

SeberHusky
12-24-2010, 04:11 PM
Okay. I am now having a problem with LG Download.
Everything is greyed out. When I go to "Select DLL", it only shows me one folder called "(3$" and it is blank, and I can't select anything. I do have the "LGUX260" files, is there a certain place they are supposed to be placed at or something?

Here are the tools I have:

I have CDMA Workshop.
I have LG Download 1.6
I have BitPim 1.0.7
I have LGMobileUpdate

I don't have to worry about backing up any data...It was blank to begin with.
...and the phone only randomly shuts off when I open BitPim. It stays on when any other program is opened.

SeberHusky
12-24-2010, 06:35 PM
I should also add that the ESN number and phone numbers are all zeros if that means anything...

rich hathaway
12-24-2010, 09:12 PM
what that means is that phone is really inexpensive and would prolly be alot less headache to replace,i see them for 10 and 15 bucks everyday on ebay.look for one with a clean esn.

unless you just like that particular phone.

SeberHusky
12-25-2010, 05:04 PM
Okay then. And no, I did not have any particular fascination with the phone. It came with a bunch of other phones I bought. This one was the only "problem child" lol

I will just put it into my "parts box" for now.

If anybody else has any other ideas, go ahead and post.

rich hathaway
12-25-2010, 08:28 PM
i did not mean to mislead you. i kinda feel like i did. your phone is fixable,however those are pretty easy to brick and this is kinda a extensive repair. dont know why i didnt just say that to begin with. ..lol..

SeberHusky
12-25-2010, 08:47 PM
Aww, don't feel bad. I'm just learning how to do this kinda thing (repairing phones). So I can only do simple things for now...once I learn more tricks and information, I can move up to more complicated things. I've got two more Scoop -err Rumors, whatever these things are called, that could use a new LCD and keypad. So, I will just use this one to fix those two.

Have a good one! Thanks for the help!
You will probably see me here again in the future. Let me tell you, I got farther on here in 1 day than I got on Yahoo Answers in a week! lol