PDA

View Full Version : Flash Palm Pre Or Palm Pixi To Cricket Step By Step

rich hathaway
12-16-2010, 07:09 PM
nice write-up bw. just to add to it there are a couple of commands to "set" web on the phone.the one that works the fastest is [ cricket set_prox ] or the first command we use that fixes most of the cricket errors that we see is [ cricket fix ] then the enter key,that will start cricket 3g service after the rom is done loading. these are also loaded from the terminal. i have never had to use the cricket mms. the cricket fix will fix your custy's web or pics when they stop working,which will happen fairly often if sell very many of these.

mods this thread should prolly be a sticky.

Anthoney
12-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Where can i find the palm pre cricket beezl download link? Help please thanks

whitey10tc
12-23-2010, 01:12 AM
Where can i find the palm pre cricket beezl download link? Help please thanksIf you're talking about the ROM solution, you'll need to contact beezlewaxin the seller for pricing.

jugnaw
01-10-2011, 08:20 AM
thanks will this work for a VERIZON pixi?

rich hathaway
01-10-2011, 10:10 AM
for talk and text only. anything else you will need a custom rom either from beezle or there are a couple of others floating around out there for free but only t-t-and web--no pics unless you buy beezles solution.

4MUSKRAT
03-18-2011, 05:01 PM
will this method work on the PLUS's like pixi plus and pre plus?

Wrecked Johnson
03-18-2011, 05:14 PM
this solution works fantastically well and recommend anything from the poster and the creator.

jorgearr
03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
i need help setting up a com port for palm pixi plus to work with cdma workshop, it sucks buying software and not knowing how to use it. thanks in advance

yoda45
04-27-2011, 07:31 PM
I have been reading for 4 days on numerous sites. I hate asking stupid questions without trying to first look for the answer. Please believe me that I have tried numerous search functions with no answer to my dilema.

I have a palm pre that i was successful getting past the activation screen.

I have the MSL.

I have downloaded and installed putty, QXDM, and CDMA workshop. I've downloaded the driver set in the post but still can't get any of the above applications to recognize the phone. I really am not sure how to apply the drivers. The phone is recognized as palm novacom bootie. I am running windows 7 pro on a 64 bit system, but the install wizard never popped up asking me to install alternate drivers. Windows finds what it thinks is the right one and when I try to change it after the fact it tells me that windows has chosen the best driver.

In diagnostic mode I have 4 options, acm usb, com1, com2, and serial. I dont know if I'm supposed to change these to diag or leave at none?

From all of the reading I've done I think all I have left to do is flash the PRL and change and few settings and then I will be good to go. Please someone point me in the right direction before I smash this phone.

If I have left out any information to enable someone to help me, please let me know and I'll do my best to describe it.

WorkBoot
05-08-2011, 01:55 AM
I've tried flashing with a custom rom imagine for Palm Pixi Plus but get an error during the flash, This version is incompatible. I am flashing from Verizon to Cricket and am wondering if it could be that I need to have a Sprint phone. If so perhaps I could flash from Verizon to Sprint then flash to Cricket? It is a Rom for a Palm Pixi Plus to Cricket, would the original phone source i.e. Verizon or Sprint make a Difference. I know people sell solutions but no joke I am stone cold poor. I have no intention of seeking profit as the phone is for my partner. Also I have searched for the past week trying to find a good solution on using Cricket before starting and this seems like the best shot. I'd swear I've even tried Verizon versions of this rom and get the same error. Is there also a certain version WebOs you need to flash from ?

-Thanks for the information

rich hathaway
05-08-2011, 10:00 AM
I've tried flashing with a custom rom imagine for Palm Pixi Plus but get an error during the flash, This version is incompatible. I am flashing from Verizon to Cricket and am wondering if it could be that I need to have a Sprint phone. If so perhaps I could flash from Verizon to Sprint then flash to Cricket? It is a Rom for a Palm Pixi Plus to Cricket, would the original phone source i.e. Verizon or Sprint make a Difference. I know people sell solutions but no joke I am stone cold poor. I have no intention of seeking profit as the phone is for my partner. Also I have searched for the past week trying to find a good solution on using Cricket before starting and this seems like the best shot. I'd swear I've even tried Verizon versions of this rom and get the same error. Is there also a certain version WebOs you need to flash from ?

-Thanks for the information

your rom if it is one of beezles it is never gonna work for you if you did not buy it,you see he creates and locks his roms to the sid of the purchaser,so if you got the rom free from someone it will never work unless you travel to the sid it was made for and then flash the phone from there.
if you are using one of the treo8 roms they will work but like will said the verizon will not work for the sprint and visa-versa,they wont brick you though because the webos's are not compatable and will fail to even load kicking the phone out of passthru each time you try.

WorkBoot
05-08-2011, 11:58 AM
Thanks for the response guys,
Well there is another post on the site which has a megaupload link to a rom. See Link Below

[Only registered and activated users can see links]

It appears to be a Verizon rom && for all pixi's, I've tried the activation bypass rom found on the site as well to no avail. I'm not exactly sure what this rom adds but if I were to get passed activation and load a Cricket PRL would it be the same as flashing with the roms posted on the site to get voice and text or mms working? I know the data ect is a bit more work but I am expecting that. To flash with the rom I've tried downgrade && upgrade versions of Verizon's WebOs Dr. I've tried with each of these several, x10-x15 each as I know it mentioned to retry until it works but it seems excessive. The only thing I haven't tried and noticed but figured wouldn't make a difference is swapping out to a different driver. As shown in the post in the link above there are beelze's drivers. I noticed that I was allowed to pick from 3, qcmdm 216, 316 && qcser 216, 316. Could that effect the proper flashing? I can view the phone in qpst && access linux no problem. Sorry for the verbose posts but I wanted to be specific, Also if the rom posted in the link is ment to be paid for as I didn't hear of on that specific one for only voice then let me know and I will burn it from my filesystem.

-Thanks Again Guys

rich hathaway
05-08-2011, 12:34 PM
that rom posted is for pixi plus (verizon) only,it will not work with sprint pixis. i have never personally tried that one,i would suggest looking around for the treo8 rom, i say that because i have used that one and it does bypass activation and is fairly easy to achieve t-t-web-and incomming pics with that one. i have that rom somewhere,but not sure where because i dont use it anymore i have beezels one click webos for all 4 pixi's and pre"s,if you are gonna flash very many i highly recomend buying them,everything works first try every try. if you cant find the treo8 i will look on my pc's when i get to the store tomorrow and throw it up for you,but it is out there for the taking if you look around for it.

WorkBoot
05-08-2011, 06:19 PM
Thanks,
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

-Thanks Guys!

WorkBoot
05-13-2011, 02:39 AM
If it helps anyone I finally got the palm pixi plus on the cricket network from verizon. I'm not sure what flashing with the rom will entirely do but I didn't use it as it would not work for me. I ran DeviceTool.jar to bypass activation then simply uploaded my prl to the phone. It took awhile until I had a chance to activate the phone due to money issues. Perhaps in the future I will post a thread of my experience getting the palm pixi plus verizon to cricket in hopes it may help someone else. It was activated today and so far phone is working. I plan on doing data ect when I get time hopefully tomorrow.

obaidi2005
10-28-2011, 12:43 PM
thanks very much it worked for a sprint pre>>>

Artreus
12-06-2011, 08:17 PM
If I have a Sprint palm pre, is there any way I can get this thing on cricket without buying cdma workshop or anything else? The entire reason I am trying to do this is because I have the palm pre here already and want to activate it, but sprint is too expensive.

I would just buy a GSM phone and go with t-mobile if I was going to spend upwards of a hundred dollars.

I'm willing to give this another shot, because I have seen people posting that they have their sprint palm pre unlocked and working on cricket. But getting the phone unlocked seems like a fairly large hurdle.

whitey10tc
12-06-2011, 08:29 PM
CDMA phone ie: Sprint will need to be flashed
GSM phones like tmobile, at&t are unlocked.

It's a lot of work to do a Pre to cricket, but can be done with most PSTs that you'll find here in the forums. If you just want talk and text, it's simple but if you want web, that's were it'll get tricky.

Artreus
12-06-2011, 08:31 PM
To elaborate in order to be more useful, my issues are thus:

NOTE: "If you are using beezelwaxin's current build of cricket palm pre solution you will need to unlock you'r phone before proceeding with the below instructions"!

So unlocking, what exactly do I need to do to do that?

And If that is done, do I just need to do steps 1-3 and then install the ROM I quoted below?

I know it seems like I have no idea what I'm doing here (well.. I have very little idea what I'm doing here) but I'm being careful and trying to gather all the information I can before I post so I don't brick the pre. If I could just get a link to guides for the various parts, that would work too.

Cric
k
et
Palm Pre
Rom

I Found a Working Link for the Cricket Palm Pre Rom for Sprint Palm pre only. not for verizon pre plus or pixi. Full Flash the SPRINT Palm pre with this rom. you must download Java first and you must know how to basic flash it and reset spc's to 000000 because this rom will not do that. you have to basic flash it first then load the rom on the device. After its activated you simply go to the terminal on the phone and type "cricket fix" and hit enter. Then type "cricket mms" and hit enter and you are done. you can download the ROM Below........

Though I guess all of this is a moot point if I do actually have to buy a $100 license for cdma workshop or a rom off of somebody

Artreus
12-06-2011, 08:33 PM
Oh, well web was the entire objective behind this, I think.

I mean a pre with talk and text on cricket would be better than the current... terrible phone I am using, but data is my main objective here.

If all that is required is patience and elbow grease, I am willing to do so, if you guys are willing to help

Artreus
12-06-2011, 10:39 PM
Okay yes at this point I am happy with just getting talking and texting working. I did the first two steps in the walkthrough, apparently successfully.

I do not know how to zero out the SPC code. I did install QPST

I do not think I unlocked the phone first, so even though the phone boots up with a Cricket logo on startup, it still says sprint in the upper left.

hs1234
01-12-2013, 03:48 AM
HELLO DO YOU HAVE THE Ckt_Palmpre.jar file still the link is no good my pre updated overnight after a power outage i had it plug in the wall charger if you can send me the file or a link to a download-able file id be very thankful thanks in advance

dalamkurung
04-11-2013, 12:33 PM
the mediafire link is dead please update