PDA

View Full Version : Can a verizon palm pre be flashed to Boost?

beautifulmistake
12-14-2010, 11:15 PM
I read online that someone said they did it. But I want to know if I can do it? I have a verizon palm pre plus and I want to put it on boost. Can I take it into a boost store and they'll flash it? Can I flash it myself? Will they say no?

happyjack
01-01-2011, 08:30 PM
A Boost store will not flash your Verizon Pre Plus to Boost Mobile because it involves "repairing" the ESN/MEID. You may be able to do it yourself, and with the proper software and some experimentation be able to get voice and SMS to work. Data and MMS are difficult to make work.

ELHULK
01-05-2011, 01:57 AM
you will need palm pre universal rom ,cdmaworkshop,cdmatools and alot of time you may fry your phone in the process but it can be done

tsaharms
01-05-2011, 02:41 AM
You won't "fry" your phone. It is possible to brick it, but you can simply use the webos doctor to restore it to factory settings. It is almost impossible to permanently damage your pre by trying to flash it. Just search around and you will find what you need it IS out there

Sent from a Galaxy far, far away, using Tapatalk Pro

rich hathaway
01-05-2011, 09:52 AM
be carefull,any phone can be bricked.if you dont know what you are doing take it to someone who does ,or accept the consequences if you do screw it up,possibly permanently.