PDA

View Full Version : Need help! How to Flash Palm Pre Plus to Cricket

beautifulmistake
12-14-2010, 02:46 AM
Can anyone tell me step by step how to do this? I have searched other posts, But can't find anything. I saw a post about a cricket flash pack, But I didn't see anything about the palm. What programs do I use? Help.

whitey10tc
12-14-2010, 02:56 AM
I have retitled your thread here in the cricket palm forum. As it was titled it was a little missleading as a "How To".
To flash the Palm Pre Plus, you will need a few things first:
Flashing basics, knowledge "A must"
Patience "A must"
Ability to search and read through threads, found the below thread right under this one.

Programs needed
CDMA WS 3.6 "recommended"
Drivers for the Palm
A cricket ROM "There are no free ones"

Steps to flash
[Only registered and activated users can see links]

Of course you need the phone and a PC "I recommend Windows XP"

beautifulmistake
12-14-2010, 03:20 AM
I can't find the usb driver for the Palm Pre Plus.

beautifulmistake
12-15-2010, 04:56 AM
I can't the CDMA Workshop to read my phone. It says phone does not answer.

thephoneguy913
12-15-2010, 09:50 AM
There is two ways to make your PC recognize the Palm Pre (Thats what we call "Diagnostic Mode").

1) Take the battery out of the phone,plug the usb cable in the phone and the PC as well,wait a few seconds and put the battery in the phone and you will see a "Usb Sign" in the screen of your Palm.

2) Plug the USB cable in your PC. With the phone off (Do not take the battery out) Press and hold the "Volume UP button" then plug the USB cable to your phone and you will see the "Usb Sign" in the screen of your Palm.

"Good Luck"

thesmitty68521
12-15-2010, 01:06 PM
I am only saying this to help you out and not insult you. My suggestion would be to find someone local and flash the phone for you. We are sure to have someone on here from your area. And they might even do it at a reduced cost.

The reason I am saying this is because this is a fairly advanced process for someone just starting out in flashing phones. If you do something wrong, you can damage your phone beyond repair and ruin a very expensive phone.

That is just a suggestion though. My suggestion would be to start out on a more simple phone and build confidence and learn the ways of the forums to get help more quickly.

beautifulmistake
12-15-2010, 04:42 PM
I have done both of those and still it still doesn't connect to the workshop. I can get it to connect to the computer, But it won't read in CDMA WS or the other program I have.

There isn't anyone locally who can help me, And I'm not going to pay to have my phone flashed. If I damage my phone, Then that's not a problem, Because if I can't get it flashed, Then I can't use it. So either way, I might as well try it out.

thesmitty68521
12-15-2010, 05:27 PM
Perhaps if you state where you are from then there is someone on here that will either give you a significant discount or even flash it for free. You never know. I've never had a problem getting a Palm to read in CDMA WS using the above methods.

beautifulmistake
12-15-2010, 05:37 PM
I am from east Tennessee.

It connects to my computer, But when I try to connect it with the ws, It says phone won't answer.

rich hathaway
12-16-2010, 06:14 PM
3.5 or 3.6 version workshop is needed for pre plus.does your phone show a pic of a usb on the lcd ? it must to connect and be read. also you have to have it on the correct port or it wont ever work.so after you connect push the port button on workshop and bouble click the port that say's beezle,then connect then read. let us know how you get along. also there are a number of peeps here that can do this remote for you if you need.